which subject do you prefer ?

• biology

Votes: 51 41.8%
  • physics

Votes: 71 58.2%

• Total voters

Annalisee

HSC
I do biology, I find it generally eaiser to understand. But I am now worrying about the amount I will have to remember.
I HATED physics last year, I couldn't understand the concepts and i was crap at maths anyway so that didn't help.

leannespeaks

HSC
It really depends on WHAT YOU ENJOY MOST ...

If you love theories and words.......choose bio( bio is a good subject for me ...i can quickly grasp the notion .....since i'm a wordy person)

If you are the sort of person who loves maths , equations and a fascination to motion..then choose physics...

if you want the best of both worlds....the go for it!!!
there's no one to stop you !!

Sk8ta Boii

HSC
Bio all the waaaay lol. im doing bio atm and its really gud so far. it goes hand in hand with earth environmental science coz sum aspects of both subject r pretty similar.

physics sucks. i looked at their text book nd the whole thing was just numbers. sum of my friends do physics nd they find it boring and shit lol.
but it really depends wot ur interested in..the number science (physics) or the life science (bio)

laterz

Annalisee

HSC
cdiz said:
OR you can be like me.

AND DO BOTH! =D

Although Bio and Physics is quite uncommon, like most people i know who do bio, take up chem as well.

Originally I was going to do all 3 sciences....
Some of my friends do four sciences, Bio, Physics, Chem and E&E. I would die.

magicmitch

HSC
hey, just thought id throw in my 2 cents :)

firstly, i did physics for yr 11, not good :p
its a lot of work, and the concepts can be pretty difficult to grasp

i also did bio, which i still do, and its a lot easier, alot, theres a fair amount of theory, but its all pretty easy to remember coz it has all these inter-relating parts to it. :) so yeah, good stuff :)

another thing tho, u gotta no wat u like, nd wat ur good at.
bio is real wordy, while physics is just a step on top of maths, so for a guy like me, who can handle words like a breeze, and finds maths to be a bit hard, bio was the natural choice for me... didnt stop me from tryin physics tho... lol

however, its a big however, physics scales a fair amount higher than bio for uai, so if u like maths, and are willin to put in the work nd effort, and want a uai, id go for physics...

but, yeah, bio all the way :p

brows

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Biology is one of my favourite subjects. I'm going well in it (though I only got third in the last assessment cause I made a really stupid mistake, grr- there's a lesson for everyone, don't do assessments half asleep, OK), with minimal effort.
Wow, my rambling is barely coherent.
Hmm, if you like solving problems, go Physics. I used to enjoy that. You know, that satisfaction you get when you solve a difficult question. Personally, I've turned so lazy this year I just can't be bothered (that would be why I'm failing Physics). My teacher is so disappointed in me, I feel so bad. I'm only going well at the moment in subjects where it's all just theory (I soak new information up like a sponge!), or you can bullshit your way to a good mark (English).
Anyway, i think Biology is really fun! (and easy)
(Be warned though,the first topic SUCKS!)
Biology is not easy as u will find come exams. If its anything like last year u will come out of the exam crying. my friend said something like 30/70 was an a+ for midyear. He ended up getting a raw 42 and he was a freak at it.

HSC
I generally don't like formulas. I like words the most, even if it takes longer. So Biology is for me. I also have more interest in plants/animals/humans etc...than forces etc.
Really, no science is better than another...it's simple down to personal preference.

p.s.y.c.h.o

HSC
N/A
i do bio, but i wish that i had chosen physics... the only reason is that at my school it is compulsary to do at least general when you choose chemistry or physic... so when i dropped general maths, i had to drop physics and picked up bio

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Well for those who are wondering ( and those who arent =] ) me, the threadstarter, is currently doing physics and chem. It's not that I dislike physics or anything but sometimes I think how good I would be in bio. Physics just is not as fun as I hoped it would be although I seriously cannot wait till I study the space/astronomy part !! But then again .. I think id dislike bio as I dislike any subject which involves some sort of writing alot ! lol

Overall, chem owns ! =]

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Darrow said:
I'm doing all three sciences (Bio, Chem and Phys) and currently, Chemistry is so much better then them all.
But I hear that Phys gets better with age, and bio..well, it opens up so many job opportunities.
But yeah..the only reason I'm doing physics is astronomy and space..it has to be the most interesting topic of all the sciences.
Chemistry is so much better than them all.
Physics does get better with age.
Biology ? Well I gotta ask why I was coaxed into IPT rather than Biology.

sle3pe3bumz said:
Well for those who are wondering ( and those who arent =] ) me, the threadstarter, is currently doing physics and chem. It's not that I dislike physics or anything but sometimes I think how good I would be in bio. Physics just is not as fun as I hoped it would be although I seriously cannot wait till I study the space/astronomy part !! But then again .. I think id dislike bio as I dislike any subject which involves some sort of writing alot ! lol

Overall, chem owns ! =]
I chose subjects where I avoid writing too much (lol Drama students and essays), otherwise I would be a goddamn accountant with Business Studies & Economics.

I'm more confident in Chem than Physics, at times I hated Physics but then it was worth it because I'm a tech kiddie and Physics has answered many of my childhood questions on electricity and the technology associated with it.

Free hugz plz.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
f3nr15 said:
Chemistry is so much better than them all.
Physics does get better with age.
Biology ? Well I gotta ask why I was coaxed into IPT rather than Biology.

I chose subjects where I avoid writing too much (lol Drama students and essays), otherwise I would be a goddamn accountant with Business Studies & Economics.

I'm more confident in Chem than Physics, at times I hated Physics but then it was worth it because I'm a tech kiddie and Physics has answered many of my childhood questions on electricity and the technology associated with it.

Free hugz plz.
lol thats what I'm hoping will happen .. that I gradually start to love physics .. but oh you are so like me ! well besides the drama bit but yeahh .. i like you ! free huggs for youu !! [ this is where a hugging emoticon would be ] =]

James747

HSC
Don't do bio, so physics.
Its not an easy course, but it is quite interesting.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Depends on the person really, I prefer physics personally.

cccclaire

HSC
I assume I'd be good at physics, but it's boring, so I chose biology.

cccclaire

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Never mind.:)
Why assume?
Biology is possibly more 'boring' than phys.
because I was good at all the phys we did in year 9 and 10.
I'm good at maths too.

Well then 'possibly' we have different opinions on what's 'boring' and what isn't 'boring'.

cccclaire

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
May I ask what school you attend, by the way?
I'm not too sure about the internet safety dealio, but whatever.
I go to Reddam. The latte-drinking 'lets-give-all-our-students-ipods' school thats been on A Current affair like 8 million times.
Although you probably won't have heard of it, because its fairly new.

And obviously junior science is a joke, but it can be a good indication of what your skills are etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)