Bios1101 (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lol. Guessing some 'naked' people ran into your BIOS1101 thursday/Wednesday lecture??

Anyway, the test was actually quite amusing and fun...how good would it be, if all Biological science type courses had this final prac exam, instead of some boring multiple choice sheet.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha rex im presuming you had fun+ did quite good
lol i was planning on turning up 30 mins early so i could do some last minute study...but instead the stupid m5 eat tunnel had to close, so i had to divert in a race against time
i came apparently 5 mins late, so i had to sit the test with the other group..11am one
luckily i wont lose marks for that
but man i had to bs half the thing...i hope i get 50%+ lolz

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Were you the guy who came to Lab A today and knocked on the door?

"Tap...tap...tap..."

Keyne: "No, you can't come in. Go away."

I felt sorry for that guy. Yeah, it seemed fairly easy and straight foward, but there was a few things in there I didn't study for, thinking that they were too minor to go over. There might be labvs tommorow so I guess I can't talk about it.

And who uses the M5 East tunnel anyway? Who drives to uni for that matter? Weridos.

And also, the lights went off for a moment, and there was then this guy standing out the front facing the board...then he got his pants ripped off. I was enjoying the lecture up until that point too (which is a change, seeing as...you know, I either read the paper or simply not go).

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
nar mine was on tuesday
lol first time ive ever heard of someone saying the prac exam was easy
oh well enough of prac exam...time to start studying for final exam....which would be 100 times easier than prac exam

Rekkusu

HSC
Yeah, I do feel sorry for the people who do come in late, and yet again I feel happy, since it's one competitor down :p I sound so evil this way!

Yup the exam was quite straightforward, except as Neb pointed out, 2-3 questions which I did anticipate would come up, but was too lazy to study for. The only ones I didn't get were from the last 2 practicals + background reading, so that would be the ears, etc [won't say too much, since this is a public forum, and some people I know are doing their prac exam tomorrow].

Haha, but don't worry alot of people came out saying "I failed hardcore dude", I'm not having alot of confidence in this exam either, since the demos love deducting 0.0005 marks off each question.

Anyway man I was struggling not to fall asleep today at Math lecture, it was sooooo boring and repetitive, the lecturer was spending so much time on the useless concepts of a question like "Oh, I doubt this person will see this line negatively", etc [Hoping the lecturer won't read BoS], I can understand why we can only go through 4 questions per lecture... But on the brighter side, the lecturer does give thorough help with specific questions you ask her.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
That would be the last Diana lecture huh? I thought both of our math lecturers were pretty damn cool, especially considering how Diana isn't even statistician (or so she said...).

I've been wandering around looking for those mark distributions for various subjects like we've seen before. I think you just have to email student central, which I'm gonna do because I'm quite eager to see a few of em.

G

Gavvvvvin

I didnt even study for the prac exam and i think i went fairly good :santa:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ill be happy if i just get 50+
but for final anything over 40/50 is a bonus

yeah im also eager to see mark distributions, especially for maths

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I only got 14. Still...that's a credit I guess. I'm aiming for anything from pass and upward :p

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im got 19/20
sitting comfortably on 30.4/32, and wish to aim in the high distinction range, preferably 90+...96+ would be a bonus

Rekkusu

HSC
I got 20/20.

Hm, about 3 marks behind Jeremy's on total =p

Wow, I just realised that those "last activity times" haven't really switched to DLS.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I'm somewhere in the high credit range. That makes me happy enough, considering how little I understand about this course sometimes. I really should have bought that damn textbook.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah gotta admit...the damn textbook really helped me a lot

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Hey, yo guys all did chemistry. Do you fellows have any notes on how to complete this damned question?

Teaspoons made from a certain alloy containing the elements bismuth, lead, tin and indium are not reccomended for stirring sugar into hot coffee, as theh alloy melts at 58C (usless info). A sample of the alloy, weighing 5.038g was treated in wuch a way as to convert the tin to 0.742g SnO2, the lead to 1.298h PbSO4, and the bismuth to 2.780g Bi2O3. What is the percentage, by mass, of each of the four elements in the alloy sample?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha looking at that...im glad i didnt do chemistry this semester

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
All's well, I found it how to do it. Seems pretty easy now. :p

I found organic a lot more fun and interesting than the inorganic and gases/thermo/kinetics parts though.

So far I've only asked the uni for chem (which I'm yet to get back) and bio, but I got an email back from Matt for bio who made me feel a little guilty for asking :(

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

James - I'm not exactly sure why you want this information, but last
year the BIOS1101 grade distribution was:

FL 53
PC 42
PS 217
CR 76
DN 27
HD 6

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah i remember when velox posted up the grade distribution for psych 1b and bios 1101
ay nebuchanezzar...could you also ask for maths as well?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Ask yourself! Jerk!

Nah, you just email the school and I believe they're obliged to give it to you, so I've been led to believe.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
so how did everyone go in the exam today?
judging from my friends responses they didnt look all that pleased...the exam paper was missing some parts i believe, ie animal behaviour...i dont think there was a question on that...but as i knew it they did ask really specific questions
hope some guesses went my way and get a credit, but either way ill be content for a pass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)