Bios1101 (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Yeah I actually have Nick Roberts as my Chem Lecturer, although he seemed to rave on and on in our first lecture, he soon proved to be quite a good organized lecturer.

His notes are slightly different to the 'course reserves' of R.Haines' CHEM1021 notes as well.

Though is anyone getting the s,p,d, electron shell stuff completely?? I'm just planning to read that part over the textbook.

@Azn: uhh we have tutorial sheets in BIOS1101 as well? Crap, I'll check it out today, since every Friday I'm off.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I'm doing chem1011 this term, and I quite enjoy it when he rattles off into a discussion about some compound and begins drawing his crazy reactions on the whiteboard. As I said though, he makes most things easy to understand.

I haven't heard anything about those tute notes for bio. Do you reckon they're part of that voluntary tutorial thing that they do?

Rekkusu

HSC
Ahh CHEM1011 was a nightmare, the so-called name of fundamentals was harder than it seemed, I just want to get CHEM1021 over and done with quickly. Lol that reminds me of the CHEM1011 examination day on S1, everyone (almost everyone) kept saying how they'd fail...

Ohh Actually Azn guy's right. There are tut notes for BIOS1101, if you check at the very back of your folder, light blue sheets, there's loads of questions!

Weird, our Lab didn't even say anything about these, the most they kept saying was, read the next prac, and the required reading.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Ahh CHEM1011 was a nightmare, the so-called name of fundamentals was harder than it seemed, I just want to get CHEM1021 over and done with quickly. Lol that reminds me of the CHEM1011 examination day on S1, everyone (almost everyone) kept saying how they'd fail...
Oh...great.

Rekkusu

HSC
But Don't worry dude! The good news was that, for those of us who kept thinking we'd fail, actually ended up with credit, or a credit/pass.

eh..? Negros?? *Doesn't want to change topic* XD

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
The final exam includes lecture materials and tutes.

I'm not sure whether they still have the prac exam. That tests stuff on the prac only.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
They keep mentioning it throughout every practical, so I reckon they might do it.

I suppose those tutes are just like last semester. Some of the CD stuff was in the exam for 1201 from what I can recall.

Rekkusu

HSC
Well...you're right I suppose >< Silberberg does help out quite abit.

So...btw how'd everyone go with Bio-Pretests?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i only got 1.8/3
lolz better than what i expected
i hope i passed this pretest though...no more pretest for a few weeks
marks during the next 3 weeks should be easy to pick up
ay rekkusu were you at todays lab? how boring was it

G

Gavvvvvin

Blah I got 1.75 for the 1st one. I suspect I went equally as bad this week.

How boring is every lab? Yay lets go around copying shit off posters =\

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I went even worse, I got 1/3! Hooray!

I'm very dissapointed with bio so far this semester. It's nothing compared to last session.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
Blah I got 1.75 for the 1st one. I suspect I went equally as bad this week.

How boring is every lab? Yay lets go around copying shit off posters =\
haha i cbf copying off posters so i just sit around the tables and copy answers off friends
hope this doesnt bite me on the ass when it comes to practical exam though

Last edited:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Rekkusu probably got 3/3 :p Damn ill find out what i got tomorrow.

edit: I know each test is different, but were they testing stuff just on the evolution of the plants or on features of bryophytes, algae etc?

Last edited:

Rekkusu

HSC
haha I wish man!! I reckon you probably got full marks for both Pre-tests instead of me! But I wish you the best of luck Velox! Hope you get some good marks! >< In fact, I hope we all get good marks!! Then maybe we can all try out that Research Scholarship thing that Biological sciences run every Winter session or Summer session next year...! (A total BoS meeting!)

I got 2/3 for 1st Pre-test, then 2.75 for this week's pre-test (was able to ask our lab demonstrator when half of the lab went outside to observe the "oh so beautiful" Gymnosperm trees...and lmao moss..lichens you name it!!)

haha Aye, I sure was at the Bio Lab Azn! I was like looking at you diagonally half the time man, haha but I guess we all kinda got busy when we started copying all that crap from the posters. Seriously, what kind of Biology Practical involves us looking at Posters, I mean they could all just put it online, then maybe have some WebCT Online test, rather than a pre-test.

Oh anyway you weren't the only one copying off friends, I ended up copying off a friend of mine as well, since I was fed up trying to find where stuff like Porphyra was >< Hmm, I'll try and catch you round the lab or after the lab!

@Velox (following his edit): Um as for our Pre-test we had a multiple choice asking us which feature was "most correct" in Algae (answer was Terrestial), the other big question was stating which Plant Genus had lignified vascular tissue first, seeds, etc. Then the weird one was whether the gametes of Bryophytes were separate: True or False (I wrote false...but I was probably wrong..)

Last edited:

Rekkusu

HSC
Lignified Vascular Tissues answer was Ferns I believe, because in the Prac sheet: - We can analyse it evolutionarily like so:

1. Ferns had Vascular tissues first, but no seeds.
2. Gynosperms had vascular tissues, and then had "naked seeds"
3. AngioSperms had vascular tissues, and further deveoped their seeds, so that they were covered in fruit, had enzymes to help them grow, etc.

[Correct me if I'm wrong anyone :p]

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Rekkusu said:
haha I wish man!! I reckon you probably got full marks for both Pre-tests instead of me! But I wish you the best of luck Velox! Hope you get some good marks! >< In fact, I hope we all get good marks!! Then maybe we can all try out that Research Scholarship thing that Biological sciences run every Winter session or Summer session next year...! (A total BoS meeting!)

I got 2/3 for 1st Pre-test, then 2.75 for this week's pre-test (was able to ask our lab demonstrator when half of the lab went outside to observe the "oh so beautiful" Gymnosperm trees...and lmao moss..lichens you name it!!)

haha Aye, I sure was at the Bio Lab Azn! I was like looking at you diagonally half the time man, haha but I guess we all kinda got busy when we started copying all that crap from the posters. Seriously, what kind of Biology Practical involves us looking at Posters, I mean they could all just put it online, then maybe have some WebCT Online test, rather than a pre-test.

Oh anyway you weren't the only one copying off friends, I ended up copying off a friend of mine as well, since I was fed up trying to find where stuff like Porphyra was >< Hmm, I'll try and catch you round the lab or after the lab!

@Velox (following his edit): Um as for our Pre-test we had a multiple choice asking us which feature was "most correct" in Algae (answer was Terrestial), the other big question was stating which Plant Genus had lignified vascular tissue first, seeds, etc. Then the weird one was whether the gametes of Bryophytes were separate: True or False (I wrote false...but I was probably wrong..)
haha man i still have no idea where you're sitting and whether you're one of the asians or one of the caucasians lolz but man staring diagonally half the time.....creepy haha jks
*looks forward to meeting a boser for first time*
i guess ill see youa round then ay

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Yep, BIOS1101 Lab is sooo boring, until you get to week 7 when you get to dissect a toad and a rat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)