Bios1101 (1 Viewer)

SpLaTHoWA

Bite me.
HSC
Survivor39 said:
Yep, BIOS1101 Lab is sooo boring, until you get to week 7 when you get to dissect a toad and a rat.
tip: bring a mask, preferably a surgical one where u cant smell anything, especially for the rat dissection.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao that reminds me, someone on the 891 this morning, round um 8:10AM kept saying that he was gonna dissect a rat today...then his girlfriend or someone said like "Remember to get the intestines out in order to reach the womb of the rat...otherwise you'll get a really bad smell".

Jeez, don't they give you like those Surgeon masks? Geez hope they give us gloves...

But aye, I'm sitting in the middle row, at the back of the lab. >< Oh and our Rat/Toad Dissections are supposedly taking place around weeks 9/10.

SpLaTHoWA

Bite me.
HSC
u aint smelt bad smells till uve smelt burning fixed human cadaver flesh

happens when u don't cool your electric bone saw =S

Rekkusu

HSC
Lmao, you're telling us that we're going to be using an Electric Saw to open the Rat??

Goodness...our Lab Coats are so going into the bin after our dissection of the rat...if we really need to use Electric Saws as well...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
You hope they give us gloves? Me too, although it seems they won't be. The manual says they only give us crappy gel to put on our hands. Needless to say, I'll be buying some gloves regardless.

I'll be keeping the coat though. The more stains on the coat, the better. It's like a record of things that you've done in the coat.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
The more stains on the coat, the better. It's like a record of things that you've done in the coat.
Plus, it makes you look like an actual scientist. Everyone knows they hand out Nobel Prizes depending on how many stains are on your labcoat/s.

Rekkusu

HSC
Lmao sounds about right...just don't want to look like some mad Surgeon like in Hostel movie.

Jeez, is BIOS1101 going all cheap after they've caught us all a rat and toad to dissect?

So....in summary we should bring our own gloves + Surgical mask...is that right?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Well, I am just in case. I'd much rather be protected from all the squigey bits than not.

Nebuchanezzar's lab coat:

congo red stain down the middle
toluidine blue stain on sleaves
iodine stains down the middle, and on the sleeves
zinc stains all over the middle
sheeps blood

Rekkusu

HSC
Ah...my new mission Objective at UNSW - Identify Neb's true identity...

muhaha, I'll have to try and find out who he is...um sometime soon.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Damnit man, I've posted a picture of me before. Here's one I took not long ago...

I have noticed that meeting people from the internet can be kinda awkward.

Person a: Hi
Person b: ...
Person a: I know you from the internet
Person b: ...
Person a: ...
Person b: Cya!

Nah, not really...But seriously, did you go on that safari? The Keyne lady seemed all hyped up, and only three people went. I would have, but I had much exciting microscope work to do. I thought it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen though.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
we should seriously one day do a BOS BIOS1101 meet up
was gonna meet up with bally (velox) today but i couldn't find him anywhere
gosh wasnt todays lecture interesting
haha my friend took a photo of the two gorillas in a missionary position
hmm *gives dirty look*

SpLaTHoWA

Bite me.
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Lmao, you're telling us that we're going to be using an Electric Saw to open the Rat??

nah that was me n my fellow class mates in human dissection sawing thru the head of mandible and the zygomatic arches

Rekkusu

HSC
Ahh okay. Phew...I was thinking, "what the..." using an electric saw just for a little rat :p But yeah...the mandible and stuff sounds like it has a really hard exoskeleton.

Lmao, true I'd have to agree with Azn & Neb, I don't want to be some "DumSum stalker". Umm....we could meet like sometime for lunch or something, which days are you guys "mostly free"?

On Thursday I'm free from 11AM - 1PM.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
mondays im free 1-3
wed free 1-2
thurs free 12-2

Rekkusu

HSC
hmm as for me, my frees are:

Mondays: 11am - 12pm.
Tuesdays: 1pm-3pm
Wed: 9-11 am
Thurs: 11am - 1pm

Maybe we could do a thursday meeting? If needed I could head to uni on friday lol if like other ppl can't make it on me and azn's so far mentioned times..

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Free time: Never. I had to skip a chemistry lecture so I could get help from the tutor in the Gibson computer lab for chemistry. I seriously have zero free time. I finish at 2pm on Monday though.

That bio lecture was awesome. I'll be one sad person when the Mike Archer lecture sequence is over. I think we have 2 more to go :( Then it's botany, botany, botany with Paul Adam or summat.

Rekkusu

HSC
Ouch...your course streams must have some pretty bad times >< Lol technically I wouldn't have had free time either if I didn't place so many things on my wednesday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)