BoS - your one-stop destination for cheating in the HSC (1 Viewer)

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
A very disappointing article. In my personal opinion, it was poorly worded and hyped up into something that it ultimately isn't.
Welcome to yet another smh fluff piece. A bunch of white uninteresting female journalism graduates with little to no interest in actually reporting anything of truth/substance.

horny unicorn

HSC
yeah but really it's doing bos a favour business wise
just imagine all the hits you're going to get now from desperate kids who've read the article (hits more than usual i mean)

hahahahah, anything for a story. the bos and smh should go and shove the hsc up their ass
wow that was eloquent

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
yeah but really it's doing bos a favour business wise
just imagine all the hits you're going to get now from desperate kids who've read the article (hits more than usual i mean)

wow that was eloquent
On the sites busiest day, good for business, bad for me trying to keep the site up :)

kenkap

HSC
they dont scan for plagiarism???? LETS COPY ESSAYS!!!!---

edit-i was joking...dont wanna see my name on smh

kenkap

HSC
and what is temper proof packaging?? what are they talking about???

Alkanes

HSC
They just wrote this article so students can shit their pants on the first day of the exam lol. Pathetic.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
everyone should harden the f*ck up. brb im fueling up with redbulls, caffeine pills, chocolate, nootropics to get through this all nighter so i can absolutely destroy that english paper 1. Also, im applying muscle cramp cream on my cheeks so i dont fall asleep.
Remember to collect and drink the urine so that the caffeine gets reabsorbed into your body. Trust me, my friend did this and he got 99.95.

P.S. Reporters, feel free to quote me. I'm an expert.

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
Haha shit just saw that. Yeah that was a pretty solid out of context quote- strong reporting abilities

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What is even more funny, is that BoS thinks of itself as being good at detecting cheats, whilst they only caught 28 last year. I can guarantee you, thousands of students (if not tens of thousands) cheat during the HSC or use some kind of underhanded tactics.
Don't posts/a view like this though reinforce the point of the article - that many students cheat?

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
I just realised in the same post that they quoted, I also had:
"Don't cheat though- it's not cool and I hope you get caught if you do (even though that sounds dog)" -> they must have accidently 'missed' that bit. Ah well haha- can't change that now

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I think we should make a thread called 'How to Cheat in the HSC'

to make it easier for these outstanding journalists to find posts of that nature

let's help them out (not rly, i just want to be on an smh article for the lulz) :p

shannan94

HSC
When i saw the article, all I could do was laugh at how hysterically inaccurate and poor the reporting was. McNeilage, that is an absolute disgrace undermining the hard-work and integrity of students in that manner. Somehow she conveniently forgot to quote the key part of the comment "Don't cheat though...", just goes to show how we can't take her seriously.

All I can say is this further restores my belief that the SMH is not the masthead of quality, unbiased journalism it once was. Shame on you McNeilage and SMH. :mad:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I think we should make a thread called 'How to Cheat in the HSC'

to make it easier for these outstanding journalists to find posts of that nature

let's help them out (not rly, i just want to be on an smh article for the lulz) :p
Multiple threads like that (from previous years) do exist already.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol. I wonder if we should do a word cloud on search history on BoS forums. See how often the C word or the D word comes up.

enoilgam

HSC
Don't posts/a view like this though reinforce the point of the article - that many students cheat?
Many students do cheat - but this site doesnt advocate it like the article makes out, nor does deswa1.

halapenyo

HSC
cant believe it got on the front page lol. slow news day is an understatement.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Many students do cheat - but this site doesnt advocate it like the article makes out, nor does deswa1.
I don't think the article necessarily says we advocate cheating. I do think the deswa quote is misleading by all accounts certainly. But people do talk about methods of cheating openly and we do allow it, that part is accurate. But certainly disappointing that when the author referenced threats of X, Y, Z those threats also came from the same site where the " tips" were.

Tl;dr the article was a bit one sided yes, but it does speak to issues that do get discussed openly here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)