Bridging Courses (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by utopian731
I rekon there are far more things out there to scam your money than to help you
well, my bets is that the bridging course will help the person ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

well, my bets is that the bridging course will help the person ...
In theory they should but you should pick the subjects you wish to study at Uni in year 12, so that you have met the pre-requisite requirements and avoid having to bridge courses.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
A lot of the HSC chem course was stuff that probably wont apply to Uni Chem, like learning about pollution and stuff. If you were going to teach yourself, you wouldnt need to know all that stuff so HSC textbooks wouldnt be all that help full, because they are made to fit the HSC syllabus.
Like someone said before, go for the american textbooks because in america, the chem courses are all about chemistry, not all the other crap we had to learn, and so I reckon they'd help you more at Uni.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I think Bridging courses are essential for new students who have not the assumed knowledge beacuse you risk being left behind or worse even failing...for example me....this yr i will hopefully do B Commerce@ Usyd but have not done any maths in year 12...a 2u Mathematics Bridging course is crucial for me to undertake the first year as the core units like econmetrics and information sysdtems requires Mathematics...although it is expensive considering it comes on top of textbooks, the compulsory Uni fee, transport etc....$270:( is alot for someone like me but i reckon it's all worth it!!!

You'll be ably to seek help n e wayz through the learning centres and stuff!!

Jesse

Originally posted by Ultimate

In theory they should but you should pick the subjects you wish to study at Uni in year 12, so that you have met the pre-requisite requirements and avoid having to bridge courses.
You might as well have prepared yourself right from Kindergarten... :rolleyes:

Not everyone knows what they want to do by the time they reach Year 11, 12 or even uni.

utopian731

Eudaimonian
Originally posted by zannaz
this yr i will hopefully do B Commerce@ Usyd but have not done any maths in year 12...
Dont sweat, the mathematic in first year commerce is rediculously easy, ie differentiation of basic functions - year 11 stuff

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Dont sweat, the mathematic in first year commerce is rediculously easy
Really, well that's given me some confidence, i'm really crap at maths!!!

aby

------------>
does anyone know if the bridging courses are held as lectures?

Like, what is the chance that I will actually understand the complex concepts of physics if they go at a fast pace with a serious lack of question-asking along the way? If it was held in a nurturing classroom-type environment, i guess it'd be different, although u probably wouldn't get as much done... :)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by zannaz

Really, well that's given me some confidence, i'm really crap at maths!!!
depends what you major in under commerce, for example if you major in finance you will be required to do a lot of maths or econometrics

Jesse

I remember the Chemistry BC to start at 9:30am to about 4:30pm with a lunch break at 1am (I think).

They teach you in a lecture room in classroom style so if you have any questions - raise your hand. With the BC fee, you get booklets to work from e.g. A theory book and a Work book/tutorial book. After each chapter you go through the tute questions and they come around and show you how to answer any questions...

Dario

HSC
Originally posted by Jesse
Hi!

I did the UTS Chemistry Bridging Course and did find it a little helpful :) I didn't do any Chem in high school and the thought of having to do Chem at Uni was daunting!

I thought the BC was a bit overpriced - almost $200 (I can't remember sorry
I didn't end up doing one.

Last edited:

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by utopian731

Thats what hell would be like

The original greek word that translated into hell can aslo mean econometrics, maybe they got them mixed up :)
if u like maths u'll like econometrics which combines maths, economics and statistics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)