Bridging Courses (1 Viewer)

chait

Originally posted by Ultimate

depends what you major in under commerce, for example if you major in finance you will be required to do a lot of maths or econometrics
how difficult is the maths if u major in finance?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by chait

how difficult is the maths if u major in finance?
I'm not sure, but I imagine that a solid maths background would hold you in good stead.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i would really enjoy doing statistics ... ive had a look at the unit descriptions and they look really interest - all except for the computing involved ...

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
the only reason why im not doing a finance/accounting major is beacuse of the maths involved. . Industrial relations and commercial law is what i'm doing. . .

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by zannaz
the only reason why im not doing a finance/accounting major is beacuse of the maths involved. . Industrial relations and commercial law is what i'm doing. . .
we're gonna have fun with first year accounting :rolleyes:
its highly advisable to do the bridging course for maths, cos I guess u'd need to kno some calculus?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

we're gonna have fun with first year accounting :rolleyes:
its highly advisable to do the bridging course for maths, cos I guess u'd need to kno some calculus?
hmm, I'll have to do compulsory accounting in first year too, but I don't mind it cause I like and am good at maths.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I wish i was good at maths, that's the only skill i wish i had!!!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by utopian731

you must be mentally ill
and i did latin for my hsc ... that my classify me as institutionable ...:p :D :p :D

chait

anyone here from class of '01 doin an economics degree???
is it a good idea to do a maths bridging course if i'm doin economics this year? (i only did 2u maths in the hsc). the assumed knowledge says hsc maths, but i still don't feel confident....

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
is it a good idea to do a maths bridging course if i'm doin economics this year? (i only did 2u maths in the hsc). the assumed knowledge says hsc maths, but i still don't feel confident....

PM Bambul - he's doin a BEc @ UNSW major in accounting and eco

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I'm pretty much sure that a good grounding in 2u Maths is all you need to get by an economics degree. . talk about lack of confidence i haven't even done general maths and i wan to do B Commerce @ Usyd. . . it's also about the majors you choose, if your a UNSW and maths is not your strong point it would be silly to major in Acturials

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

I'm pretty much sure that a good grounding in 2u Maths is all you need to get by an economics degree. . talk about lack of confidence i haven't even done general maths and i wan to do B Commerce @ Usyd. . . it's also about the majors you choose, if your a UNSW and maths is not your strong point it would be silly to major in Acturials

Yes I agree, u can major in other areas inside commerce that require little maths, but I think that 2 units of accounting is compulsory from what I remember the dean telling me.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate

Yes I agree, u can major in other areas inside commerce that require little maths, but I think that 2 units of accounting is compulsory from what I remember the dean telling me.
In the first year at USYD, Econometrics, Intro to accounting and Business information sydtems requires 2u maths. these are core subjects

chait

In the first year at USYD, Econometrics, Intro to accounting and Business information sydtems requires 2u maths. these are core subjects
then i think i'll be alright then

zannaz

Deloused
HSC

then i think i'll be alright then
well i hope i can manage, since i'll be paying $270 for 2u Mathematics Bridging course:(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by utopian731
No flyin, just the stats is enough to institutionalise you
oh ... it cant be that bad ...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)