Budget 2014 (1 Viewer)

crazy_paki123

HSC
In future thanks to dereg of the uni fees, the rich get better uni education as only they can afford it (ie rich snobs -->UNSW, USYD). Whilst the rest suffer. This country is going more downhill under this govt each day... seems as though this nation's value for young minds which are the assets of the country's future are meaningless

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
In future thanks to dereg of the uni fees, the rich get better uni education as only they can afford it (ie rich snobs -->UNSW, USYD). Whilst the rest suffer. This country is going more downhill under this govt each day... seems as though this nation's value for young minds which are the assets of the country's future are meaningless
Bro he wants to help the younger generation. He is helping us by removing the deficit. This way we can focus on figuring out how to live a fucking life with the increased education expenses and shitty economy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

crazy_paki123

HSC
bro its true that a budget deficit is not the best situation, but he's making cuts and making education more expensive. If helping the generation means more young people that cant afford uni doing tradie work rather than affording a quality education then fk me. And its not just education, the GP payment, cuts for pension, increasing retirement. Whens the next election man? sack this shit kient

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
bro its true that a budget deficit is not the best situation, but he's making cuts and making education more expensive. If helping the generation means more young people that cant afford uni doing tradie work rather than affording a quality education then fk me. And its not just education, the GP payment, cuts for pension, increasing retirement. Whens the next election man? sack this shit kient
Ross Gittins for treasurer pliss.

photastic

HSC
Cutting carbon tax and mining tax!! Pretty sure these taxes only affected businesses (da richy ones). New taxes such as that bs 7 dollar doctor levy, and giving that to medical research?! Covering it up Hockey. Increase employment and building the nation?! Yea, because low-middle income families probably can't afford due to all these taxes and reduced welfare payments! Why not increase equity so that everyone has the opportunity to maximise what they want, this would build the nation. The budget seems to much, would've been better if they did it slowly so those particular the young the low-middle income earners/families can adapt the decreasing govt spending. Idk, politics seems all lies to me :S

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
budget was weak, everyone is being a bunch of cry-babies

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Inevitably we're all gonna be dissatisfied with whatever budget arises from whichever party. There is no "perfect" budget. I think that a small amount of cuts is okay, however Hockey is going to the extreme here. Doesn't he realise that our economy has just lost all PMV manufacturing and that many people will be unemployed?? Yet he is destined to reduce government expenditure in order to increase the unemployment rate. What is this person trying to do omgg

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I think a particularly harsh measure on the low income brackets is that anyone under 30 is not entitled to Newstart allowance until 6 months later. Basically, if you're a young unemployed person looking for work then you have no income support for 6 months...

bangladesh

HSC
I really have no knowledge in public health as someone whose just started uni but cutting down $50 bil from health care and adding a fraction of that to medical research has got to be the most stupid move i have ever seen. Health care will suffer.. VERY BADLY from all of this.. That's the only part of the budget i was interested in/could understand as an aspiring doctor

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
No, this is not how it works.

think

HSC
The increase in defense spending seems unnecessary, especially if it is so important for us to get back into a surplus. The paid parental leave scheme is just stupid, the government wants to decrease government regulation and increase the input of the market yet all they are doing is spoon feeding mothers, especially those who already earn middle to high incomes. Another big problem is the $7 for GP visits which will hurt those with low SES and put more burden on the already over crowded public hospitals and emergency waiting rooms. I'm all for medical research but $20 billion seems too much if we have a budget crisis, should be more like half that.

Budget is pretty bad for young people: dergulation of uni fees, unemployed waiting period and in 20 years time our generation will have to be paying out of our arses for the Baby boomers on pensions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)