Bullying, is it really an issue at schools? (1 Viewer)

Is bullying really a big issue and how will you deal with it, if u were bullied?

• Yes, become offensive and attack the bully

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, Report the bully

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Suicide

• No, don't care never happened to me b4

• No, I'm a bully

• Total voters
HSC
Lol bullying people is ace
that way you can determine whether they are just misuderstood or genuine shit cunts
I have the utmost respect for people who get bullied and don't let it get to them
they have my respect

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
its a big issue on internet forums

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
also, lol at poll options
had i opted for suicide, i'd not be posting

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
I'm fairly sure if you eliminate bullying by any amount or percentage then there will be less of it as adults in your beloved "corporate world". In theory, if you get rid of bullying in school, and wait for all the adults to die, then you'd have a bully free world. Now, no one's saying it will work, but I assume they're working towards this. Get rid of X amount of bullies in kindergarten, and you get rid of that many when they grow up.

HSC
Uni Grad
What sucks is when moron teachers mistake friends muckin around as bullying, gotten into shit so many times for just bein a dickhead with mates, then you have to explain it and...just...ffs L2notbenoobteachersplx.

Sadiah

HSC
What sucks is when moron teachers mistake friends muckin around as bullying, gotten into shit so many times for just bein a dickhead with mates, then you have to explain it and...just...ffs L2notbenoobteachersplx.
lol, that's so truee!! I feel sorry for the teachers for being so old-fashioned, and not being able to tell the difference between mucking around and bullying. =P

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Yeh, but sometimes it's hard to draw the line between mucking around and bullying. I know what you mean and I fully agree, but they're not really in a position to say 'they're mucking around, it'll be fine', because if they're wrong then if the victim does decide to jump off a cliff I would imagine the guilt would be enormous for that teacher (probably blame themselves for not stopping it). I dunno, I'm not an expert.

All said and done, getting in trouble for being a bystander when everyone including the 'victim' knows it's harmless is plain stupid.

But I will never condone bullying.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh, but sometimes it's hard to draw the line between mucking around and bullying. I know what you mean and I fully agree, but they're not really in a position to say 'they're mucking around, it'll be fine', because if they're wrong then if the victim does decide to jump off a cliff I would imagine the guilt would be enormous for that teacher (probably blame themselves for not stopping it). I dunno, I'm not an expert.

All said and done, getting in trouble for being a bystander when everyone including the 'victim' knows it's harmless is plain stupid.

But I will never condone bullying.
Completely true, yeh. Still really annoying but I spose for the teacher it is defs better safe than sorry.

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
It should be prohibited officially in schools, not every person has the guts to handle it.

aussie-boy

HSC
If you can't handle bullying in school

you CERTAINLY cannot handle the real life and the corporate world.
Dude this is complete BS

When I was a little kid I was teased mercilessly for several years; looking back - these kids didn't actually dislike me, yet what may constitute tame bullying from an outsider's POV was sufficient to pretty much destroy my self confidence in social situations

This fear, and expectation that I would be negatively judged by others persisted all the way from high school - it made me scared to try new things/push myself beyond my comfort zone, even approach new ppl. I missed out on heaps of typical teenage experiences because of it

Even now, Im wary of other ppl and really struggle to expose myself to others in order to develop meaningful friendships... I instinctively limit interactions to shallow relationships and small talk

It took until year 12 (when I was elected by my year to be a prefect) to realise that I actually did command some level of respect - despite my own prior perception that my number of friends was much lower than the number of votes required

My self confidence is slowly growing, but there's absolutely no way in hell that it could be argued that the process I've gone through should be legitimised

School is completely different to the adult world; basically - adults dont give a shit about what others' do/say whereas being in a locked playground with a distinct social heirarchy unleashes much more significant potential for damage

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
Seriously there are many fucked up parents out there who needs to teach their kids some respect. Stop having shitty babies and fuck up the world.

Maximise the positive, minimise the negative. Don't be a d*ckhead w*nker.

Last edited:

Cowbell

HSC
Bullying is just part of natural selection- if someone is faulty enough to be bullied and stupid enough to be unable to rectify their mistreatment, they aren't something I want in my gene pool.
Hopefully, the victim of bullying is either so emotionally crippled that they cannot find a mate (ie. become socially retarded), or they simply commit suicite, purging themselves from our gene pool.

sources: experience. We were all bullied at some stage, and it was usually for a reason. Those of us who fucking fixed whatever was wrong with us stopped getting bullied- those who didn't are massive fags that deserve all the shit they get.

aussie-boy

HSC
Bullying is just part of natural selection- if someone is faulty enough to be bullied and stupid enough to be unable to rectify their mistreatment, they aren't something I want in my gene pool.
Hopefully, the victim of bullying is either so emotionally crippled that they cannot find a mate (ie. become socially retarded), or they simply commit suicite, purging themselves from our gene pool.
*These "emotionally retarted, socially crippled" people still mate, just with others like them... so bullying is actually empowering the creation of more kids just like the ones you like to bully, but with double the emotional retardation

*Just because these kids might fail in the playground doesn't mean they can't make a positive contribution to human society - surely you want intelligence etc in your gene pool

sources: experience. We were all bullied at some stage, and it was usually for a reason. Those of us who fucking fixed whatever was wrong with us stopped getting bullied- those who didn't are massive fags that deserve all the shit they get.
People don't bully you because there's something wrong with you... it's usually because they're envious of some quality/think something is funny (body features which you can't "fucking fix"). If kids truly think there's something wrong with you they're most likely to not speak to you at all.

Cowbell

HSC
*These "emotionally retarted, socially crippled" people still mate, just with others like them... so bullying is actually empowering the creation of more kids just like the ones you like to bully, but with double the emotional retardation

*Just because these kids might fail in the playground doesn't mean they can't make a positive contribution to human society - surely you want intelligence etc in your gene pool

People don't bully you because there's something wrong with you... it's usually because they're envious of some quality/think something is funny (body features which you can't "fucking fix"). If kids truly think there's something wrong with you they're most likely to not speak to you at all.

The sooner you learn that every single fucking thing any human being has ever done and ever will do was a result of an instinctive unconsciousness that rules over each and every one of our actions the better. Not even the bullies themselves could tell you why they bully others, and even if you did explain to them what I just said, they'd completely reject the idea entirely. But that doesn't mean it's not true.

Concerning what you said about people bullying "intelligent people", back in the day (hunter/gatherer day, that is) intelligence was nothing without good skills in leadership and communication. Thus, unsupported intelligence appears worthless in the eyes of a modern day human (instinctively- we have not evolved to the current human controlled environment at all yet, that's why there are still wars and shit, because we're still driven by hunter gatherer causes) and thus the fact that someone may be very intelligent is easily eclipsed by a lack of people skills necessary for us, as a pack, to want to sustain them as a life form.

And, in terms of what the other guy said about "Tall Poppy Syndrome", I believe that also has very strong primitive roots. If someone is actually better than everyone, we need to confirm this. Thus, we put them under as much pressure as we can in order to test their true ability. If they are as strong as we want them to be, they grow with the pressure and "prove us wrong", eventually becoming a great "leader" figure, and are most likely destined to become very successful in the modern world as they would have been in our primitive yet genetically current past. However, if we are able to knock down the tall poppy as a group of bullies (lol), then they were never good enough to think they were better than anyone ever was in the first place.

Bullying is how we rank people, because we are still of effectively the same genetic makeup as when we were no different from animals. It will take so long for evoloution to catch up to the immense technological innovations we have made as a species, I actually don't think it will ever happen and as such we will never have a perfect society unless we engage in hyper evoloution through genetic modification and shit, but I doubt that will happen as long as we have religious people and whaterver

But anyway, I'm not a bully, I'm probably wrong about everything I have said but this is how I have concluded it works and it has fukin worked for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)