Bullying, is it really an issue at schools? (1 Viewer)

Is bullying really a big issue and how will you deal with it, if u were bullied?

• Yes, become offensive and attack the bully

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, Report the bully

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Suicide

• No, don't care never happened to me b4

• No, I'm a bully

• Total voters

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
The sooner you learn that every single fucking thing any human being has ever done and ever will do was a result of an instinctive unconsciousness that rules over each and every one of our actions the better. Not even the bullies themselves could tell you why they bully others, and even if you did explain to them what I just said, they'd completely reject the idea entirely. But that doesn't mean it's not true.

Concerning what you said about people bullying "intelligent people", back in the day (hunter/gatherer day, that is) intelligence was nothing without good skills in leadership and communication. Thus, unsupported intelligence appears worthless in the eyes of a modern day human (instinctively- we have not evolved to the current human controlled environment at all yet, that's why there are still wars and shit, because we're still driven by hunter gatherer causes) and thus the fact that someone may be very intelligent is easily eclipsed by a lack of people skills necessary for us, as a pack, to want to sustain them as a life form.

And, in terms of what the other guy said about "Tall Poppy Syndrome", I believe that also has very strong primitive roots. If someone is actually better than everyone, we need to confirm this. Thus, we put them under as much pressure as we can in order to test their true ability. If they are as strong as we want them to be, they grow with the pressure and "prove us wrong", eventually becoming a great "leader" figure, and are most likely destined to become very successful in the modern world as they would have been in our primitive yet genetically current past. However, if we are able to knock down the tall poppy as a group of bullies (lol), then they were never good enough to think they were better than anyone ever was in the first place.

Bullying is how we rank people, because we are still of effectively the same genetic makeup as when we were no different from animals. It will take so long for evoloution to catch up to the immense technological innovations we have made as a species, I actually don't think it will ever happen and as such we will never have a perfect society unless we engage in hyper evoloution through genetic modification and shit, but I doubt that will happen as long as we have religious people and whaterver

But anyway, I'm not a bully, I'm probably wrong about everything I have said but this is how I have concluded it works and it has fukin worked for me.
confirmed bullied nerd

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
mmmm bullying is a very big problem and the media hype just seems to make it worse. I tease my friends and they tease me so i don't know if that counts as bullying, they can take a joke so it probably doesn't. On the other hand bullying as in violence is inexcusable and the bully deserves corporal punishment.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Does bullying really occur in senior years? I thought it dies out by at most Year 10.

aussie-boy

HSC
Concerning what you said about people bullying "intelligent people", back in the day (hunter/gatherer day, that is) intelligence was nothing without good skills in leadership and communication. Thus, unsupported intelligence appears worthless in the eyes of a modern day human (instinctively- we have not evolved to the current human controlled environment at all yet, that's why there are still wars and shit, because we're still driven by hunter gatherer causes) and thus the fact that someone may be very intelligent is easily eclipsed by a lack of people skills necessary for us, as a pack, to want to sustain them as a life form.
This is exactly why modern science and technology developed after we ditched the hunter-gatherer model of civilisation that wasn't getting us anywhere

Even the biggest nerd/potential bullying victim can gain recognition for their achievements in a society where we express ideas through scientific journals and intellectual discourse - and where assault/harassment is illegal

We no longer support intelligence with "leadership and communication" but with proper evidence and procedure

There are still wars etc, as people like you still try to justify the invoking of primitive instincts to resolve situations - when modern day diplomacy is a much better solution

HSC
Uni Grad
mmmm bullying is a very big problem and the media hype just seems to make it worse. I tease my friends and they tease me so i don't know if that counts as bullying, they can take a joke so it probably doesn't. On the other hand bullying as in violence is inexcusable and the bully deserves corporal punishment.
Violence and muckin around/teasin friends can be the same thing too, until you realise what fuckwits you look like and then stop partaking in such behaviour :p

Cowbell

HSC
This is exactly why modern science and technology developed after we ditched the hunter-gatherer model of civilisation that wasn't getting us anywhere

Even the biggest nerd/potential bullying victim can gain recognition for their achievements in a society where we express ideas through scientific journals and intellectual discourse - and where assault/harassment is illegal

We no longer support intelligence with "leadership and communication" but with proper evidence and procedure

There are still wars etc, as people like you still try to justify the invoking of primitive instincts to resolve situations - when modern day diplomacy is a much better solution

That's because enough of us are smart enough to recognise the worth in things like intellect. What I'm saying is that most "bullies" follow their hunter gatherer instinct because they are unaware that there is a motive behind it. Those of us that are smart enough go against what we're "meant" to do, and honour scientific acheivment and shit like that as opposed to how I said the average bully would act. Also, lol at the fact that you actually beleive we're any different to how we were 10,000 years ago. If you took a human baby 10k years ago and froze it and brought it to life now, there would be very little difference between it and another baby born today. It's just that through the development of language we've skyrocketed in terms of innovation and invention via communication of ideas and co operative planning.

I told you why a bully acts like a bully. You, in your obvious retardedness, mistook me as saying why everyone acts like something, I dunno, some shit you made up because you fail at comprehension.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
actually it's just verbal repetoire so no violence and from an external point of view we'd just be talking and luaghing. :p

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Anyone else think that 1000 kids is a ridiculously small sample size? It can't be used to do anything similar to extrapolate to the general school population. Think of how many kids are in y7-10, hundreds of thousands right? They got less than 1% of students and they expect a reasonable conclusion?

aussie-boy

HSC
That's because enough of us are smart enough to recognise the worth in things like intellect. What I'm saying is that most "bullies" follow their hunter gatherer instinct because they are unaware that there is a motive behind it. Those of us that are smart enough go against what we're "meant" to do, and honour scientific acheivment and shit like that as opposed to how I said the average bully would act. Also, lol at the fact that you actually beleive we're any different to how we were 10,000 years ago. If you took a human baby 10k years ago and froze it and brought it to life now, there would be very little difference between it and another baby born today. It's just that through the development of language we've skyrocketed in terms of innovation and invention via communication of ideas and co operative planning.

I told you why a bully acts like a bully. You, in your obvious retardedness, mistook me as saying why everyone acts like something, I dunno, some shit you made up because you fail at comprehension.
WTF are you talking about?
We're not arguing about the cause of bullying - you've tried to justify it (implying it's acceptable to undergo an atavistic regression when you're picking on someone):

Bullying is just part of natural selection- if someone is faulty enough to be bullied and stupid enough to be unable to rectify their mistreatment, they aren't something I want in my gene pool.
...and I've given lots of reasons why it has no place in today's world - and I dont care if the average bully is too dumb to realise these; there's absolutely no legitimate excuse for it to be tolerated

Cowbell

HSC
WTF are you talking about?
We're not arguing about the cause of bullying - you've tried to justify it (implying it's acceptable to undergo an atavistic regression when you're picking on someone):

...and I've given lots of reasons why it has no place in today's world - and I dont care if the average bully is too dumb to realise these; there's absolutely no legitimate excuse for it to be tolerated
Theres no legitimate excuse for an uncountable amount of shit that happens in our world, and bullying is waaaay down at the bottom of the list.

Perhaps closer to the top of the list is the extermination of those who use words like atavistic and regression because they are genuine self righteous cunts.

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
Theres no legitimate excuse for an uncountable amount of shit that happens in our world, and bullying is waaaay down at the bottom of the list.

Perhaps closer to the top of the list is the extermination of those who use words like atavistic and regression because they are genuine self righteous cunts.
yes, there's nothing self righteous about they way you go on is there?

aussie-boy

HSC

What was that you were saying about tall poppy syndrome?

Cowbell

HSC
What was that you were saying about tall poppy syndrome?
oh are you fucking serious? you think that using rarely used word makes people think you're smarter? you're actually fucking retarded. When you use words like that people just assume you're trying to prove something, and must be compensating for a lack some other vital skill. That's why mast people don't like you. Thats why you're a victim of bullying.
fuck i hope you kill yourself soon.

aussie-boy

HSC
oh are you fucking serious? you think that using rarely used word makes people think you're smarter? you're actually fucking retarded. When you use words like that people just assume you're trying to prove something, and must be compensating for a lack some other vital skill. That's why mast people don't like you. Thats why you're a victim of bullying.
fuck i hope you kill yourself soon.
That was tongue in cheek lol , but come on dude it's time to give up when you have to resort to attacking ppl based on the words they use

I dont actually agree with your theory about tall poppy syndrome

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
No kid deserves to be bullied. at that age, they're still developing mentally. Being subjected to that kind of treatment from their peers on a regular basis will have serious, often permanent ramifications which are kept throughout adult life as well (ie. low self esteem, social ineptness, antisocial behaviour, criminal behaviour, substance abuse- just to name a few). Often these characteristics which become evident in the bullied child makes them an even bigger target for bullying, and so the cycle continues- usually for many years, unless the child seeks counselling or hardens up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)