Immortalp00n

HSC
also if he had eyelids on his front headlights
make it look mean like the evo front

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I was considering saying LMs but I'm not a big fan of BBS wheels on most Hondas. But to be fair I'm not a
fan of most Hondas =P

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I figured spending coin on rims vs. saving money and buying the Evo which came with BBS... so I did that instead. No point putting more money into the Civic since it wouldn't get any faster anyway.

I know they are totally different types of cars but wouldn't moving from
the evo to the c250 be a bit dissapointing in terms of performance?
Benz obviously is nowhere near as fast as the Evo (150kW atw vs. 200+) but it's a much easier car to live with (normal height, non attention grabbing look, comfortable seats/driving, active safety features, etc). It has much better torque (650Nm vs. 420Nm) being twin turbo diesel and uses about half the fuel (6L/100km vs. 12L/100km) in normal driving. Still good enough to climb a hill quickly and can usually drop a V8 who is tailing me if it's a particularly steep hill.

That being said 0-100 is quite far down (6.9s vs. 5) so I won't win traffic light races.

Damn that civic is nice.....just needs some better rims :) for some reason I have never been the slightest bit interested in Evos....how long are you planning on keeping the C250 for seremify?
Civic is my parents car now- they don't care for rims (and they damaged the BK!!). Evo was always my dream car throughout high school as my cousins had 6,7,8,9 and I wanted to be one of them- so once I turned 21 and saved up enough cash, bought one. As for the C250, I will probably keep it for a while as I now have a mortgage :)

ps. Old photo of the Benz but I'm too lazy to photoshop plates out of another one.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
This is a video of my Evo when I was just driving normally around Sydney >

And this is what it looked like before I sold:

And another shot of the Benz:

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
You can hear it better in this video (this was taken before I installed the HKS exhaust)

[video=youtube_share;wumRBaelKQk]http://youtu.be/wumRBaelKQk[/video]
Sounds awesome, did you have any trouble with the police?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds awesome, did you have any trouble with the police?
Surprisingly no- I always thought I would but apart from cops looking me up and down at traffic lights, they tended to go for other peoples' cars even at meets. My guess is that whilst my car was a bit loud and noisy, it wasn't THAT loud and noisy. I'm also guessing they assumed if I spent that much on modding a new car, I would have spent that little bit extra to get it all engineered and certified thus making it undefectable anyway. Quite lucky given the open pod and off road exhaust.

Now that I think about it though I bought a throttle controller and set it to max economy mode whenever I was driving past RBT/etc so that it would limit the noise factor even if only a tad.

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Surprisingly no- I always thought I would but apart from cops looking me up and down at traffic lights, they tended to go for other peoples' cars even at meets. My guess is that whilst my car was a bit loud and noisy, it wasn't THAT loud and noisy. I'm also guessing they assumed if I spent that much on modding a new car, I would have spent that little bit extra to get it all engineered and certified thus making it undefectable anyway. Quite lucky given the open pod and off road exhaust.

Now that I think about it though I bought a throttle controller and set it to max economy mode whenever I was driving past RBT/etc so that it would limit the noise factor even if only a tad.

I'm not to sure about that, i have heard a few stories about cars which have been completely engineered defected by coppers who don't give a shit.

I was also told a story once by a guy who worked in an industrial area, he was pulled over by a cop after he just left work (driving an Mr2) and the copper suspected he was doing burnouts in the area. He put his hand on the bonnet and said that because it was hot (sunny day), he had been doing burnouts because the engine for hot and wanted to fine him... It's funny when the guy lifts the bonnet with the copper to shocked to see no engine.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
As soon as he copped a defect he would of been straight to court with a stack of engineering certificates and $86 to see the judge and the cops defeated face.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I have heard that story too, think Moog mentioned it at one of the MCM meets (which was recorded). In the one i heard the MR2 driver WAS doing burnouts but got away with it because the bonnet was cold. I wonder if its just an urban legend?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I have heard that story too, think Moog mentioned it at one of the MCM meets (which was recorded). In the one i heard the MR2 driver WAS doing burnouts but got away with it because the bonnet was cold. I wonder if its just an urban legend?
hmm that's odd, probably just is bs.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard various defect stories and so on especially where cops don't understand what turbos are (one pointed at an air cond, etc)......... but I honestly think the attitude you have towards the police will have a huge impact on the outcome. If you are sincere and decent, more likely than not they will just give you a slap on the wrists and tell you to fix it up (but no defect). Shrug. That being said I love driving a stock car now :)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I think how you drive plays a big role in attention from cops too. Both the cars I've owned are "cop magnets" but I've not been pulled over a single time.

Dash8

HSC
I figured spending coin on rims vs. saving money and buying the Evo which came with BBS... so I did that instead. No point putting more money into the Civic since it wouldn't get any faster anyway.

Benz obviously is nowhere near as fast as the Evo (150kW atw vs. 200+) but it's a much easier car to live with (normal height, non attention grabbing look, comfortable seats/driving, active safety features, etc). It has much better torque (650Nm vs. 420Nm) being twin turbo diesel and uses about half the fuel (6L/100km vs. 12L/100km) in normal driving. Still good enough to climb a hill quickly and can usually drop a V8 who is tailing me if it's a particularly steep hill.

That being said 0-100 is quite far down (6.9s vs. 5) so I won't win traffic light races.

Civic is my parents car now- they don't care for rims (and they damaged the BK!!). Evo was always my dream car throughout high school as my cousins had 6,7,8,9 and I wanted to be one of them- so once I turned 21 and saved up enough cash, bought one. As for the C250, I will probably keep it for a while as I now have a mortgage :)

ps. Old photo of the Benz but I'm too lazy to photoshop plates out of another one.

Mmmh that merc is so nice looking. I heard that Mercedes is going to bring out amother redesigned c class soon? Have you seen the new e class?

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
Vinyl Wrap looks hawt, thinking of getting my Beamer Vinyl wrapped, the matte finished looks mad!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
what cars?
My first car was a modified excel, was yellow with a body kit, HIDs and everything. Then that became my brothers and I now have a N15 SSS Pulsar which I drove around with a pretty loud exhaust for a year - got a resonator in it recently so it's not quite as bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)