Case Studies in Extended Response? (1 Viewer)

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
Rampager said:
Uh, you can't see the problem with making up a fake case study? Alright boss, good luck in your HSC.

They are testing you on your research, its your ability to adapt the knowledge from a business to a relevant question. You should be able to draw the relations between what the course has been trying to teach you this whole time (albeit, stupidly.) and the case study.

Obviously if you make up everything to wonderfully go hand in hand with the question, that defeats the purpose. Oh well, Business Studies isn't the greatest subject though, so I can see your reasons for just wanting to satisfy its stupid requirements.
what problem...thats what im asking you...identify the problem?

and no they are not testing you on ur research...as if they where they would go and verify it...research is when u hand in an assignment...and ur teacher goes wow that sounds good and its actually from wikipedia...trust me thay aint gonna go threw every business in the world looking for urs

lastly..." go hand in hand with the question, that defeats the purpose "

lol what the hell? listen to urself...that is the purpose TO ANSWER THE QUESTION

michael1990

HSC
Q2C-ME said:
what problem...thats what im asking you...identify the problem?

and no they are not testing you on ur research...as if they where they would go and verify it...research is when u hand in an assignment...and ur teacher goes wow that sounds good and its actually from wikipedia...trust me thay aint gonna go threw every business in the world looking for urs

lastly..." go hand in hand with the question, that defeats the purpose "

lol what the hell? listen to urself...that is the purpose TO ANSWER THE QUESTION
Not really.
They are testing your ability to actually interpret the information given or found. Now found information is research, so technically they are also looking at your researching skills.
Also, if you believe that you can make up a case study and still receive full marks then do it.
But as I just said there, case study it’s something you're studying. Now if you're studying you're actually doing research. So I think you better have a look at your ridiculous ideas and actually come back to the real world. Maybe become a realist?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I get the point of interpreting found data. However, if you make up a case-study, you are still showing applied knowledge in your answer.

But, if you must use an existing business, than that's a guideline that should be complied to.

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
okaii...answer me this....

Person A uses a well known case study
Person B uses a relatively unkown case study
both proved sustained knowledge with business terminology and concepts e.t.c

on that basis alone...the people are equal...and thats what the BOS says too...doesnt matter what case study u use

but according to ur so called realist ideolgy it wuld appear that person B is disadvantage......hmmm

michael1990

HSC
Q2C-ME said:
okaii...answer me this....

Person A uses a well known case study
Person B uses a relatively unkown case study
both proved sustained knowledge with business terminology and concepts e.t.c

on that basis alone...the people are equal...and thats what the BOS says too...doesnt matter what case study u use

but according to ur so called realist ideolgy it wuld appear that person B is disadvantage......hmmm
No.

HSC markers do teach the subjects they are marking. Most teachers use the same textbooks. Have knowledge of the other textbooks which they do not use.
And you will notice that your teacher will suggest to you a few case studies you should do. This is done throughout the whole cohort.

So everyone has equal advantage.

Shan4curry

HSC
Ugh, you know...my teacher has dedicated numerous lessons to actually make up a case study as a class that covers ALL syllabus points whilst using information from an existing one.

So for example, using a Coca Cola case study but changing the name to something like Oz Cola (example ONLY: I know it's cheesy, first thing I came up with) and adding any information not previously covered in the existing case study to this new business.

Is this kind of thing sufficient? I'll probably end up using a few other real-life case studies but if not, then is the above method OK?

plexor

HSC
In the 16,000 or so exams the markers go through I don't think they'll be too perturbed by a fake case study as long as you make it sound credible.

It's easy to make up a fake one if the question doesn't ask for a global business.... that way you can just pick a local business that the markers would never have heard of and write whatever you want to suit the question.

If you're worried though, and must get a UAI of 99.99 so you can succeed at life (*insert sarcasm*), stick to real case studies.

Shan4curry

HSC
plexor said:
In the 16,000 or so exams the markers go through I don't think they'll be too perturbed by a fake case study as long as you make it sound credible.

It's easy to make up a fake one if the question doesn't ask for a global business.... that way you can just pick a local business that the markers would never have heard of and write whatever you want to suit the question.

If you're worried though, and must get a UAI of 99.99 so you can succeed at life (*insert sarcasm*), stick to real case studies.
Hahaha, fair enough. Thanks for clarifying that for me. ^^
No way am I aiming that high...and LOL at your sarcasm. ;P

123delirious

HSC
If you're lazy, or don't have enough information on a particular topic, just talk about a shop in your local area. E.g. what they do for marketing: below-the-line promotion: brochures, coupons, you name it.

Shan4curry

HSC
123delirious said:
If you're lazy, or don't have enough information on a particular topic, just talk about a shop in your local area. E.g. what they do for marketing: below-the-line promotion: brochures, coupons, you name it.
I was contemplating doing that for my workplace - an Italian restaurant. =) Would be pretty cool...and would be appropriate in conjunction with Dominos!
Thanks for reminding me of the idea. ^^

123delirious

HSC
Shan4curry said:
I was contemplating doing that for my workplace - an Italian restaurant. =) Would be pretty cool...and would be appropriate in conjunction with Dominos!
Thanks for reminding me of the idea. ^^
No probs, glad I could help =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)