Catholic trial (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

townie said:
nooooooooooooo, my story was on Teen Angst, 8 bloody pages of it, i know, cliched, but i threw in some unrequited love and a suicide attempt...pull those heart strings.

i stuffed up Section 3, i wrote "understanding" about 50 times, and didnt really get into what the inner journey was, and i ran out of time. I'm dredding paper 2
8 pages?! How big do you write?

I only got 3. And it sucked.

jodes_w

Supra said:
how were we spose to integrate the image/ quotes from the next page in section 2, into our journal entries, were we spose to refer to it, start off with it, include it as some sort of theme?
i'm not sure... i wrote about 'are we there yet' so mine was like the journey with me n my friends to schoolies, lol but all this stuff kept going wrong. im thinking now its a bit cliched and stupid tho too. crappo! i wrote 4 pages though so thats ok, only 2 pages on section one but my answers were ok, except for the contrast one where i was just babbling shite... section 3 was terrible! i only got time to do 3 out of my 4 texts, didnt even finish my last sentence... so bad! hopefully i got ok in the other two sections to make up for it... do u reckon my story sounds gay? oh i did about 8 entries all up, more like a diary than a journal...

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
jhakka said:
8 pages?! How big do you write?

I only got 3. And it sucked.
8 pages with the paper that has the massive spaces in between the lines, and my writing is marginally larger, so it was probably only 4 pages of normal, proper lined paper.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Other things not to write about:
-cancer
-losing a limb
-anything thats prominent in the news atm

and I heard if you write a suicide note and/or death threats to the markers they come round to your house and ask for good reason why you shouldn't get zero for your HSC.:uhhuh:

Last edited:

superbird

HSC
lol jodes your story is almost similar to mine. I don't think its gay at all. Those who wrote about "Are we there yet?" rock!
Honestly I dont think you could get very creative with that statement anyway. Is mainly about a physical journey i reckon.

jodes_w

oh my paper was like fully line a4 size.... so is that better? lol crap hey

400miles

I was annoyed at question 3... it was ok, like easy enough, except for the bit where it said 'how do composers convey this in different ways' and I had spent most of my study time showing how they show the same thing or something.. argh...

J

jhakka

superbird said:
lol jodes your story is almost similar to mine. I don't think its gay at all. Those who wrote about "Are we there yet?" rock!
Honestly I dont think you could get very creative with that statement anyway. Is mainly about a physical journey i reckon.
Are We There Yet? the song?

J

jhakka

withoutaface said:
Other things not to write about:
-cancer
-losing a limb
-anything thats prominent in the news atm

and I heard if you write a suicide note and/or death threats to the markers they come round to your house and ask for good reason why you shouldn't get zero for your HSC.:uhhuh:
But if you mention the word "postmodern" you get like 10 points added to your final mark.

jodes_w

haha cool so u really goin to schoolies? coz i m! i told my friends bout my story so now they think i've cursed them n we r goin to get caught in traffic, break down, get kicked out of a club in wollongong, have 5 of us nearly miss the plane... lol. but shannon was on the plane too so hope that comes true! lol

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
withoutaface said:
thats censorship i reckon, it's like how they removed 'A Thousands Acres' because it had sexual abuse, it happens in real life, i can see death threats being a bit of an issue, but if it's relevant to plot development, it should be judge a "non-serious attempt" as they call it

cj_bridle

HSC
Kazuya said:
the essay for Section 3 was general so that was good; just take your prepared essay and add in "leads to understanding" several times
gotta love that... [i did exactly the same]

Gemstone

Well I didn't think it was too bad. It's given me confidence for all my other ones.

Section one kindda threw me a bit. I wasn't expecting 4 texts but once I got over that I did alright.

Section two I think I did fine in. I did that Are we there yet one and talked about yr 12.

Section three I did pretty well in. I got 4 pages writen on that essay remembered all my quotes and it all linked together.

I'm quite happy with it.

BTW - Does everyone have the same timetable for catholic trials

Gems

jodes_w

Gemstone - i have RE 2moro, then english modules wednesday, Legal STudies Thursday... Maths & Food tech next Monday, then Hospo Monday after that.... does anyone know anything bout RE? coz i know nothin!

cj_bridle

HSC
S1 - 3 pages
S2 - 4 pages
S3 - 5.5 pages

i was happy with my effort although the journal entries for S2 sort of put me off.. i think it mantally gave me an excuse to 'tone down' my language.. it definitely wasnt sophisticated enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)