Chances of getting into Medicine? (1 Viewer)

Desireangel

HSC
I've been even more frightened since I conversed with this Asian dude who just finished engineering at UWA.He made me understand that people actually do get below 50%ile and that he also did and tbh I've been dreaming of demons since then :cry: but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine :thrust:

crazy_paki123

HSC
my sister did it last year and got 38 %ile or something. I really have no hope for her but hey she may get lucky. Also one of thesections is completely fked up (if not the whole test). A girl from school got in to UWS med from my schools 2013 cohort and said she selected ansers opposite of what her gut was telling her (think this is for the emotion one if there is such a section)

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
Guess what hes doing now? Adv Med Sci at UWS lol what a waste of an atar
Atar isn't necessarily "wasted" but if that's what he likes, then that's what he does. Worse is you get a high atar and then go do law but absolutely hate it

Desireangel

HSC
my sister did it last year and got 38 %ile or something. I really have no hope for her but hey she may get lucky. Also one of thesections is completely fked up (if not the whole test). A girl from school got in to UWS med from my schools 2013 cohort and said she selected ansers opposite of what her gut was telling her (think this is for the emotion one if there is such a section)
I swear that actually happens to me too. In sections1 and 2, most especially 2,I'm usually able to narrow my options down from four to two but after that I end up failing the question coz the answer is usually the opposite of what my gut tells me. I experimented on one of the acer and also the medentry practice papers and got above 75% on this sections but it seems just too risky for me to try in the real exam.

crazy_paki123

HSC
I swear that actually happens to me too. In sections1 and 2, most especially 2,I'm usually able to narrow my options down from four to two but after that I end up failing the question coz the answer is usually the opposite of what my gut tells me. I experimented on one of the acer and also the medentry practice papers and got above 75% on this sections but it seems just too risky for me to try in the real exam.
No Guts No Glory aye

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Guess what hes doing now? Adv Med Sci at UWS lol what a waste of an atar
Not a waste with all the HD's I'm gettin lol

for s2 you have to pick what the character is thinking not you, it's hard, because you're caught up in your own emotions and then the effin vocabulary is through the roof

enoilgam

HSC
Yeah I dont mean to burst your bubble, but myself and many other people I know get like 110-120 on the ACER tests but like 84-85 on the Medentry, which are a better reflection of the actual paper.

You could be a genius for all i know, all im saying is that the ACER ones are generally too easy and you should try another company's for good measure.
I would be extremely skeptical of this. In HR, psychometric testing (such as the UMAT) is something we do quite regularly and those tests are designed in a specific way to test specific traits. It is extremely difficult to replicate such an exam without knowing the appropriate benchmarks and information. It isnt like a HSC paper, where almost anyone with the relevant competence can draw up a practice paper. Companies like Medentry etc design the exams without having the necessary information and without an actual copy of a UMAT paper to go off (besides the ACER materials). So their papers cant be considered a reliable and accurate version of what's expected in the UMAT. I am not saying that they are completely useless, but people should be aware of this before paying several hundred dollars for the materials. If I were doing the UMAT, I'd focus on the papers ACER issues - a relevant, but easier paper is much better than an irrelevant but harder paper.

bangladesh

HSC
I would be extremely skeptical of this. In HR, psychometric testing (such as the UMAT) is something we do quite regularly and those tests are designed in a specific way to test specific traits. It is extremely difficult to replicate such an exam without knowing the appropriate benchmarks and information. It isnt like a HSC paper, where almost anyone with the relevant competence can draw up a practice paper. Companies like Medentry etc design the exams without having the necessary information and without an actual copy of a UMAT paper to go off (besides the ACER materials). So their papers cant be considered a reliable and accurate version of what's expected in the UMAT. I am not saying that they are completely useless, but people should be aware of this before paying several hundred dollars for the materials. If I were doing the UMAT, I'd focus on the papers ACER issues - a relevant, but easier paper is much better than an irrelevant but harder paper.
Pretty sure they do end up getting all the questions of the umat paper (through whatever dodgy method they have) but yes everything else you said was valid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)