Chinese Movies (2 Viewers)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
since i couldn't find any thread here on chinese movies i decided to make one.

i liked 'hero' alot and heard that 'house of flying daggers' was like it but it just wasn't as good. also i borrowed 'twins effect'... it was horrible. it was like the characters came out of a video game ( sorry if the movies actually is about a video game ). this must be a classic honky film at work pulling all the poppy singer/actors and throwing them into a film together. it was horrible except for the eye candy.
oh and takeshi from 'house of flying daggers' is nothing special. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
im a fan of the old martial arts movie

Jackie Chan Drunken Master 1 and 2
Jet Li Red Dragon (i think), Bodyguard of Beijing (this one isn't that old but still good to watch)

mack

Banned
HSC
The Killer and City on Fire, directed by John Woo. Beats the shit out of any Hollywood action flick I've seen, and they were both made in the late 80s.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i found out the name of the chick in the movie charlene choi mm...

she's the one on the right.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hero was ok. House of Flying was ok.

Dont watch it if you're expecting kung fu. Watch it if you're bored.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Why Me Sweetie? (Cherrie Ying, Louis Koo) was a mixed bunch... the first half was sort of like My Sassy Girl meets Fifty First Dates, but the second half the scriptwriter decided to reduce it to melodramatic mushiness. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
My sassy girl clone ?

Jeon Ji Hyun = Goddess :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh the gals for SHE, i think i have a film clip here somewhere, thought it was jpop and downloaded it only to find i dont have a semblance of knowing wtf they were singing about.

Hmm i need internal affairs, cant find it anywhere, and i need my jeon ji hyun fix (rolls back and forth)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
Why Me Sweetie? (Cherrie Ying, Louis Koo) was a mixed bunch... the first half was sort of like My Sassy Girl meets Fifty First Dates, but the second half the scriptwriter decided to reduce it to melodramatic mushiness. :)
oh i think i've seen a bit of that. the girl's cute and the story line was alright but i didn't bother watching all of it. honky humour just doesn't go well with me.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
heheh i luv chinese movies.... i collect them =] ... watch like 3-4 per wk on average

the ones i tend to enjoy are either the cop vs gangster type... typical predictable love films... but its rare u see a reall really good one... like a lot of the time theres a shithouse plot despite having such famous actors (eg: twins effect1 and 2)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
why me sweety is pretty good =]
louis koo is like one of my fav actors hehehe..

probably my fav chi movie is "the lion roars" with louis koo and cecilia cheung ^^

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Chinese movies..there are so many to mention!

I saw 江湖 (Jiang Hu) a while ago, starring Liu De Hua (Andy Lau) and Edison Chan...it was alright (the ending was sooo guess-able! :p)
星願 (Star Wish..or whatever) (with Cecelia Cheung and Ren Xian Qi) was okay, though i cried my eyes out :( just couldn't help it

A計畫 (Jackie Chan) - this one is old. but it was really good. *察故事 (Police Story?) was also good. has anyone seen *察故事2?

I heard 無間道 (Elva Hsiao, Liu De Hua..etc) is worth watching too,

Collin

HSC
N/A
Who's seen Jet Li's Fist of Legend? Fuck, I really wanna see that but can't find it anywhere.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
meLoncoLLie said:
Wilson Chen Bo-Lin is hot.

btw is that Jackie Chan's son on the left, or Jackie Chan himself?
Jackie Chan's son, Jaycee Fong i think.

mack

Banned
HSC
Jet Li's pre-Hollywood movies were awesome. Seen Black Mask?

If you're into action, check out The Killer by John Woo. It was Tarantino's biggest inspiration before he made Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The Killer waz the ultimate bomb.

It waz shown on SBS quite a while back. Prob the best Chow Yun Fat movie there iz.

mack

Banned
HSC
If you liked it, Watch 'City on Fire'. Made in 1987 by John Woo and has Chow Yun Fat and the other dude who was against him in The Killer. Except this time the roles are reversed. Not quite as good, but still an awesome Gangster vs Cop flick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)