Christina Aguilera - STRIPPED (1 Viewer)

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I know this album isn't that new, but I just got it and although all the tracks haven't really caught my interest, before she even released it, "The Voice Within" was my fave song. I really respect her as an artist bcos that girl can really SING. Even though she's gone all slutty image-wise, meaning in her music hasn't been sacrificed.

what are your thoughts?

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
I like Christina Aguilera. Her outfits leave a lot to be desired but she does have talent. The Voice Within is quite a nice song.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
yeh i've got that album as well..i love it as a relaxing album to play just while i'm chillin and studying cos its mostly soft stuff...i loved a voice within as well before she released it

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
as a girl, i would have to say i dont agree with her choice of outfit, girls that strip to sell music lose my respect straight away.
however, i feel she has a lot more vocal talent than many of the other female 'stars' of today
i havent heard hardly any of the songs from the album, but i luv 'cant hold us down', it is my new anthem

Winston

HSC
my personal opinion, yes before when she started she was kind of walking in the britney road, then now i duno what shes walking in, i like her voice, for such a character i wouldnt expect such a dynamic voice from her but she can surely use it, but i think shes destroying it on the image side.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i'll give her my fair share of cookies and milk and if she comes down my chimney this christmas.

~Dreamer

HSC
:rolleyes:

i think that she is one of the few people left in the pop arena who are talented vocally, she is actually good ... its a shame that this cant be said about her outfits...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i like her songs, have considered buying the album, she is a strong and talented singer, but hate the way she dresses, i mean even the album cover... and name...

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
some of her songs are alright, but 'the voice within' song doesnt do anything for me.. i dont really like the skanky image she's got going

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i mean even the album cover... and name...
the album name isnt refering to her being stripped clothing wise... its refering to her being stripped emotionally...

and fuck her image... whatever... you like an artist for their music not what they look like or what they wear

nerdd

Originally posted by iambored
i like her songs, have considered buying the album, she is a strong and talented singer, but hate the way she dresses, i mean even the album cover... and name...
stripped has another meaning as she's explained.
It's like she's exposed to the world being a celebrity you know, all this media attention that makes up crap about you and all that...
and in this album she's supposedly "telling a story", "stripping" so that we know the real her.

dezzy

HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
the album name isnt refering to her being stripped clothing wise... its refering to her being stripped emotionally...

and fuck her image... whatever... you like an artist for their music not what they look like or what they wear

OMG!!
i cant believe how much i actually agree with you dazed!!!

I went to Christina's concert last tuesday nite in sydney and i must say-it was AWSOME!!!

ppl say that she is a slut etc etc etc and that she is giving 'females' a bad name by saying that all gurls r sluts etc..but gawd!! thats soo nieve!

I bought the official tour program from the concert and one of the quotes in it reads:- "i dont believe there's a rule book, and i dont believe i have to live by society's standards"!

Just think about it....

i have to say- her album, her strength and her voice as well as her courage to be "different" and an "individual" is just XLNT!!!

Thank you Xtina for making my loooooong walks to school and back so much more bouncier and meaningful cos now i can listen to in my discman!!

HOOOOORAY for christina!!!!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
stripped does mean emotionally stripped, but i dont think anyone could deny there are other connotations there
as for her giving females a bad name and all that..i think she has done pretty good for females, admittially she does dress like a slut, but not all girls do, and if thats what she feels comfortable in, then good on her for having the courage to do it. and just look at 'cant hold us down' if you want a good example of how she is empowering women

dezzy

HSC
i dont see why some girls are complaining about the ways he !dresses etc- its like saying "cos xtina dresses like that i must too" she's not brainwashing she's making a point! the point that she DOESNT and she WONT live by society's standards and if the media etc are going to make rumours, etc about her then she has really given them sumthing to talk about now!!!

I can honestly say that this is the best of christina!! she's looking gr8 and u no wat they say - "if u've got it..flaunt it!"

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
she certainly takes flaunting what shes got to the extreme (bikini bottoms and riding chaps)

dezzy

HSC
she's a performer- thats what she does!!!

just cos she's raunchy doesnt mean that she is like that in real life...and even if she does its none of our business!

LUV U XTINA!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by dezzy

I can honestly say that this is the best of christina!! she's looking gr8 and u no wat they say - "if u've got it..flaunt it!"
yeah man thats right - i mean, if i had her body, i'll dress like that too - but i dont have her body... *sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)