Class of '03 target UAI's (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by foxy
ok ok ok!! haha you guys are little motivators!! i take it alllll back, i want 95! :p
lol....go for it and remember : "if u aim for the sky u will get to the roof, if u aim for the ceiling u wont even get out of bed"

fusion

i am aiming for the 80s range. 90s would be good but impossible with my lack of study, I might start studying now when I think about it.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by InfiniteQ
there were a LOT of people here who posted high fligh UAI's of 98's and 99's which sort of made me think... "if they can do it, why can't I?".
that is such a good point!!
If they can do it why can't I?

Huy

HSC
N/A

Somewhere around there.
96.40 would be better :cool:

Make that 99.75 :eek: :eek:
Just kiddin'

90+

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
*refers to the legendary bos quote* ...

"Remember that an archer, at long distances, must aim higher than his target in order to hit it."
- Unknown

Originally posted by Frigid
99.6+UAI is my goal, or whatever UAI to make USYD Combined undergraduate Law...

Hopefully I make it...

LOL!

Hopefully pigs_can_fly will get his gf and NOT beat me!
you know you can do anything you set your mind to. I was aiming for 80+ which was a hard ask considering i did agriculture, general maths, standard english, senior science , sor 2 and business studies.I thought, well i better be good this yr.I got bout 7 point more than what i wanted.

Originally posted by YEAR12
that is such a good point!!
If they can do it why can't I?
you're right, but i think you have to do all the highly scaled subjects to get 99.so choose carefully

Originally posted by Bon
I remember something Laz said last year, which was something along the lines of when you're setting a goal, you have to take into account how much work you will do, not how much you're capable of. He hit the nail over the head with that one - my target was 95 based on all this hard work I would do, to fall short at 87.05. :D
what subject did you do? did you actually put in the work and did ur parents place heaps of pressure on you?

Originally posted by kini mini
I just wanted to do well enough to get into comm/law last year :)

Though I didn't settle on that until very late in the year.
you sound very organised.what was ur uai?

Originally posted by Ultimate
My advice is to look at the worst possible mark u can get, that way u won't be disappointed. I was expecting a maximum 99.5 with an expected minimum of 97, and ended up with 98.5, which got me into what I wanted to do.
that isn't good, you don't know what's around the corner so the worst anyone could go is 30 or lower:(

Originally posted by ReaveR
I'm aiming for 90+ at least...but I know I can get higher, it's just exactly what bon said (who said someone else said it!)...I have the capacity to get at least 95, but I'm not feeling very motivated...I just don't know why! :rolleyes: Anyways, Good Luck to you all!
the idea that you can do it is enough motivation ,along with the fact that you got less then a year to go ,and you'll leave 13 schoolling yrs with that uai

Originally posted by Lazarus
That's a load of crap, don't ever do that. :)
yeh, i agree.If you aim lower then you'll never reach your full potental and your lack of motivation will pull your marks way below expectations

Originally posted by ReaveR
Having just said that I wasn't motivated to do much work, I suddenly feel motivated because of everyone in these forums! You've inspired me :D
that's right and if you want good marks, you'll have to pull your socks up cause the 2002 hsc had very dedicated students.You must try very hard to be highly ranked if you are competiting against similar talents

Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
thanx Almighty jafar for ur feedback
aim high:D !
what you studying now timmy? im going to hawkesbury and reckon no one in this forum is going there.seriously

Originally posted by foxy
arghh! they always say to aim lower than u expect so you wont disappoint yourself! so i am aiming about 90...but i really really really really really would kill for 95!!!!
if you reckon you can get 95 ,than show and world and show ur parents who are never happy.But you'll show them.hahahah

AGB

HSC
wont get my UAI til 2004, but doin a couple of hsc subjects this year....hoping for high band 6 in both of them!!

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by AGB
wont get my UAI til 2004, but doin a couple of hsc subjects this year....hoping for high band 6 in both of them!!
are u doing pathways? a couple of jocks from my school are doing it....do u have to match a certain criteria to apply for it?

ellebelle

What's pathways?
That's where you do the HSC over 2 years isn't it? A girl at our school who was involved in state/national sport chose to do it that way.

Back on topic... I would never of imagined aiming for a UAI in the high 90's til this forum. I'm doing pretty cruddy scaled topics because i love the arts and humanities, so i'm aiming for band 6 in each subject, not a set UAI. That means if i get band 6 i know i've done my best, and if scaling means my UAI isn't that impressive, bullocks, i won't get dissapointed.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by ellebelle
That's where you do the HSC over 2 years isn't it?
Up to 5 years; most pathways students are accelerants who do one or two of their subjects a year or two early (i.e. HSC subjs in y10 or y11). You can spread it out it any way you choose, but only subjects from the last 5 years can be included in your UAI.

i love the arts and humanities, so i'm aiming for band 6 in each subject, not a set UAI. That means if i get band 6 i know i've done my best, and if scaling means my UAI isn't that impressive, bullocks, i won't get dissapointed.
Even with 'pretty cruddy scaled' courses, I daresay you would probably be very happy with the UAI that a bunch of band sixes would net you. :)

Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
well like everyone, i want a UAI of 90+, but honestly.... i'll b happy with something like 75+....

i just want enough to get me into the course i want... and this year it was only 78.9 at sydney uni :)
i think everyone is happy to get the marks they need for uni.But there's just that little something instead that wants something better.I needed 60 for my course, but i would never settle for that!aim high, and try not to just scripe in.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul

i am surprised!!!! is it only when u have sporting commitments to manage
There are people at my school who don't have sporting commitments who do it too... the rest of us just want to get it over and done with :p

Rahul

Dead Member

There are people at my school who don't have sporting commitments who do it too... the rest of us just want to get it over and done with :p
lol yeh, i could not stand another year. u dont quite want this year to reach the "climax" during the HSC exams, but at the same tym u really wanna get it over with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)