• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Class of 2006. Gather Ye. (1 Viewer)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Aloha Aloha Aloha...

:) I'd love to know those other 2006ers doing Visual Arts... :p so I know whom i'm up against for Art Express (friendly friendly competition...hehe)

Edit: Yeah I would LIKE to get in to Art Express...but...no expectations, no disappointments, so don't tell me about the statistics of works that get in or anything thats disheartening, I'm aware of it, but i need some sort of goal to motivate myself

So..
Introduce your creative bodies, souls, and beautiful noggins.

State, discuss, argue and declare what your preferred mediums, favourite artists and issues here...

ME
My name's Lanny, I'm one of those EE2+Visual Art people, hahaha. I'm also Asian, although that doesnt influence any of my art making. I like llamas, human behaviour, intelligent boys, eating and history.

Primarily i'm a photographer who's experimenting with mixed media and more creative ways to display my photographs. I work with film and digital, I have a digital SLR and would love a hassleblad [i'll buy it the day I find 22k in the gutter]. I've had two proper exhibitions and my work is on deviantart http://luscious-llama.deviantart.com...

My favourite artists are: Leonardooo da Vinci, Pablo Picasso, Claude Monet, Bill Henson, Richard Avedon, Ansell Adams, Amy Brown, Ana Mendieta, Frida Kahlo, MC Escher, and a stack of others that have betrayed my memory for the moment.

Another inspiration of mine is TS Elliot and Vodka...ahahah

Come on arty people, post more stuff! Even if you dont do art please doooooooo

All my love,
Lanny

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Greetings Llama :) I've been thinking about doing a thread like this too.... considering there are very few '06s saying much around here!

Hi everyone, I'm Collette (aka. etc. etc. etc.) and I work mostly in photography and painting/mixed media.

The main thing my work is concerned with at the moment, is the surfaces of objects within the urban environment.... and how 'time and history' manifests itself upon them.
My photography is mostly abstract fragments of walls, dumpsters, the ground etc.... focusing on the textures, colours and line. My painting works are also abstract, with a strong emphasis on texture, line, layering and above all - process.
The painting works echo my photographic subject matter, and are often reminiscent of graffiti, rust, mold, decay and weathering.

'Process' is basically the best word to sum up my interests. I'm into time, history, layering, digging up, covering up, rediscovering, hiding, finding, making, breaking, creating, destroying.... all these things, and the way in which they really 'make' an object, and how it's all worn on the objects surface.... completely raw, open and honest.

The thing I like about what I do is, it can also just be enjoyed on a purely structural and aesthetic level, without having to think too much. You can just take it at face value and enjoy the pretty colours and textures, or you can look further into it and find interest within the conceptual side.

My favourite artists include the painters Cy Twombly, Antoni Tapies, Jean-Michel Basquiat and Jose Parla. My favourite photographer is the contemporary Norwegian photographer, Anders Solberg.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Share my fellow art students! I'm really interested in hearing about what you do, what you like, etc :)

punk_tartan

HSC
hi im elizabeth (punk_tartan) an i am walloing in paper for my body of work for 2006
im interested in humas impact upon the work and in particular how we may influence the eventual end of the world by playing with science or by creating somting that we cant control via our greed
i like artist like henson, kahlo, goya, piccninnni, bosch and other fantasy elemnet artists

im into gothiscand crazed pyscadelic stuff and am hopefully drawing for my body of work
so yes welcolm to me

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
punk_tartan said:
hi im elizabeth (punk_tartan) an i am walloing in paper for my body of work for 2006
im interested in humas impact upon the work and in particular how we may influence the eventual end of the world by playing with science or by creating somting that we cant control via our greed
i like artist like henson, kahlo, goya, piccninnni, bosch and other fantasy elemnet artists

im into gothiscand crazed pyscadelic stuff and am hopefully drawing for my body of work
so yes welcolm to me

Welcome to the realm of arty beatnicks Elizabeth :D :D! You're most welcome here and now we number threeeeeeeeeeeee...

Your body of work sounds really really interesting and I cant wait to see stuff of it
Fantasy art is fricking cool :)

Cheers!

Porcia

HSC
Hey - i got to put my hand up here.

I guess I'm interested in Chagall-like atmopsheres and stuff for my major work... also i'm very interested in artists like caravaggio, (bill henson seems to be a favourite here), chagall, titian and no doubt you all have guessed im interested in classical art but i also like dali (kinda cliche but hey)... oh yeah - and pollock.

biggie walls

HSC
hey im a dude

i cant paint at all so i guess most people think im a piece

but anyway i do digital media/animation with quite a bit of conceptual emphasis

i pretty much hate meaningless "pretty" art.... whats the point??

props to everyone.. hopefully your work will be studied in 100 years time!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
biggie walls said:
hey im a dude

i cant paint at all so i guess most people think im a piece

but anyway i do digital media/animation with quite a bit of conceptual emphasis

i pretty much hate meaningless "pretty" art.... whats the point??

props to everyone.. hopefully your work will be studied in 100 years time!
Hey dude.
Ah I cant paint either! Digital media, awesome, havent quite figured that out yet. Show us ur stuff :D?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Porcia said:
Hey - i got to put my hand up here.

I guess I'm interested in Chagall-like atmopsheres and stuff for my major work... also i'm very interested in artists like caravaggio, (bill henson seems to be a favourite here), chagall, titian and no doubt you all have guessed im interested in classical art but i also like dali (kinda cliche but hey)... oh yeah - and pollock.
:) What kind of work are you looking at to do in as your major?

electric_six

HSC
Hey everyone this is my first post so im quite excited. Anyway like someone else said i too suck at painting. I attempted it once and now never want to pick up another paintbrush again. My forte is photography. I love ambiguous/abstract images. I dont know if anyone has heard of the artist yelena yemchuck, shes relatively unknown, i suppose, but i love her work. I want to achieve something along the lines of her work for my body of work. Im thinking of combining the elements of photography and film, taking or filming seens that reflect on a certain subject...i dont really have any steady idea yet. When it comes to Art Express, of cause it would be a huge achievement to be selected, but i am not even thinking about getting selected, i mean its highly unlikely so i dont want to get my hopes up. Two girls from my school got selected for it last yr and as good as they were, comparing it to my idea i dont think what i have in mind is what they are looking for.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Hey dudes. I don't do VA but I do EE2.

What is everyone up to? I'm sitting here bored, listening to Island in the Sun by Weezer, and wondering when I should start my history extension work...

electric_six

HSC
Well im stressing over all the assingments that i have to get done as well as the study i need to do for almost every subject. Right now, however im trying to get my modern history assingment done, whilst flicking back and forth to this site.
I think you should start your extension history work now, its always best to do things sooner then later. I always think i have so much time to do everything and then before i know i have no time left and its always a big rush to get it done and i never get the mark i could have achieved if i put that extra effort in. I try to learn from my mistakes but always fail to do so. Well now im just waffling on so i dont have to go back to my assingment that i should be doing...okay well ill stop now. :)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Hey Electric Six! As a fellow photographer I welcome you to BOS :D!
Enjoy ur stay, and keep posting - appropriation with the photographer Yelena Yemchuck sounds like a good idea for your major art work

Ellie Bellie :D - start ext history now :p hahaha me and my mates are treking to the state library next week to get some decent information (we're from a regional area)

Ellie_Belly

HSC
electric_six said:
Well im stressing over all the assingments that i have to get done as well as the study i need to do for almost every subject. Right now, however im trying to get my modern history assingment done, whilst flicking back and forth to this site.
I think you should start your extension history work now, its always best to do things sooner then later. I always think i have so much time to do everything and then before i know i have no time left and its always a big rush to get it done and i never get the mark i could have achieved if i put that extra effort in. I try to learn from my mistakes but always fail to do so. Well now im just waffling on so i dont have to go back to my assingment that i should be doing...okay well ill stop now. :)

Lol that sounds exactly like what I'm doing at the moment... except I'm not doing any work. But I'm going to start right now!

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
my names paul, i like using acrylics and oils, currently interested in portraiture. my fave artist is picasso! i also like brett whiteley's work.

Porcia

HSC
luscious-llama said:
:) What kind of work are you looking at to do in as your major?
well im thinking in dabbling into the collage medium; but with narratives; sort of like fragmentation but not in that "fragment" sense, its hard to describe...
and i have to admit i am by no means a traditionist and i cannot paint traditionally; hence my uhhh... stuff

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Porcia said:
well im thinking in dabbling into the collage medium; but with narratives; sort of like fragmentation but not in that "fragment" sense, its hard to describe...
and i have to admit i am by no means a traditionist and i cannot paint traditionally; hence my uhhh... stuff

:) ahh...i like this idea of fragmented narrative collage!
Ahh you dont need to be a traditionalist anymore :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)