• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Class of 2006. Gather Ye. (1 Viewer)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Hi I'm Tracey and I have a gambling problem.

:p jk!

I mainly work with acrylics on large canvases, but for my BoW I'm looking at mixed media on paper. I've been experiementing a lot more with oils and collage and it's all turning out quite nicely. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do for my BoW yet...probably...stuff...:p

Favourite artists include Pollock, Larry Rivers, Rauschenberg, Paul Pope and I've always had a bit of a soft spot Willem de Kooning.

Nice to meet you all:D

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Hermzie said:
Hi I'm Tracey and I have a gambling problem.

:p jk!

I mainly work with acrylics on large canvases, but for my BoW I'm looking at mixed media on paper. I've been experiementing a lot more with oils and collage and it's all turning out quite nicely. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do for my BoW yet...probably...stuff...:p

Favourite artists include Pollock, Larry Rivers, Rauschenberg, Paul Pope and I've always had a bit of a soft spot Willem de Kooning.

Nice to meet you all:D
:) Hi Tracey!
Rauschenberg! Stuffed angora goat in tyre covered in paint :D! Love it

I'd love to see what you come up with, post some pics sometime if you can of ur BOW :)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
syper said:
my names paul, i like using acrylics and oils, currently interested in portraiture. my fave artist is picasso! i also like brett whiteley's work.
The Funk :) I got a book, a glorious thick giant book on Picasso for chrissie
Whiteley = awesome :) love his self portrait with mirror in the blue room

Cheers!

The Cruel Sea

HSC
Bow down every single last one of you for your humble forum has been graced by the prescence of an egotistical master of pretension and of the visual arts. Thy name is sussicran and i am totally infatuated with my perfect self.

tool!!!
baahhhh
burn the witch!
the antichrist is here... AHAHRHRHAGHSAHFHGHAJSHFKJHASKJFSK
the eyes... the eyes they burn... NOOOOOOOOOOOO

underneath that facade my real name is daniel and i have dabbled with quite alot of different mediums.

for my bow i will be depicting a series of events that form the life of my alter ego sussicran. It has a lot to do with religious themes particularly the book of Daniel and The Revelation.

I have a rather broad taste in art but lately i am rather taken by the works of the great masters ie. Turner, Titian, Da Vinci, Carravagio, Vermeer, Goya. I also find myself drawn to the work of the surrealists ie. magritte, dali, Paul Del Vaux, Kay Sage, ernst, Henri Rousseau as well as the contemporary artist Giger, Bill Henson and some not so well known artists that go by the names Mitch Gillette and Zdislaw Beksinski.

I have been studying the techniques of the old masters for quite some time now and hope to replicate it upon my canvas to depict the life of my alter ego in a rather psychotic fashion.

See you all at the end.
Daniel

ohh yer and you can have a look at some of my work if you like at www.danielsmall.deviantart.com

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
The Cruel Sea said:
Bow down every single last one of you for your humble forum has been graced by the prescence of an egotistical master of pretension and of the visual arts. Thy name is sussicran and i am totally infatuated with my perfect self.

tool!!!
baahhhh
burn the witch!
the antichrist is here... AHAHRHRHAGHSAHFHGHAJSHFKJHASKJFSK
the eyes... the eyes they burn... NOOOOOOOOOOOO

underneath that facade my real name is daniel and i have dabbled with quite alot of different mediums.

for my bow i will be depicting a series of events that form the life of my alter ego sussicran. It has a lot to do with religious themes particularly the book of Daniel and The Revelation.

I have a rather broad taste in art but lately i am rather taken by the works of the great masters ie. Turner, Titian, Da Vinci, Carravagio, Vermeer, Goya. I also find myself drawn to the work of the surrealists ie. magritte, dali, Paul Del Vaux, Kay Sage, ernst, Henri Rousseau as well as the contemporary artist Giger, Bill Henson and some not so well known artists that go by the names Mitch Gillette and Zdislaw Beksinski.

I have been studying the techniques of the old masters for quite some time now and hope to replicate it upon my canvas to depict the life of my alter ego in a rather psychotic fashion.

See you all at the end.
Daniel

ohh yer and you can have a look at some of my work if you like at www.danielsmall.deviantart.com

:slap: you have the same taste in music as me, how dare you witch :)
anyway, hello Daniel, i'm a llama not a witch (regarding the burn the witch comment)

checked ur deviantart, heaps good stuff there! i'll keep looking
mines http://luscious-llama.deviantart.com

your BOW sounds quite interesting, Daniel and Daniel...so your alter ego is a biblical figure....nice, mines Ophelia from Hamlet

Cheerio mate and keep writing crazy messages like this yes?

The Cruel Sea

HSC
hmm i think i should have cleared this up.

CHRISTIANITY (as an organised religion) || ------ lots of space ------ || ME

the church dissillusions me and as a result i have renounced my faith in all christian doctrines and their god.

But on the contrary i am rather interested in studying the bible for what it is; a collection of dogmatic narratives that define what it is to be christian. I study it out of curiosity and for the unnatainable satisfaction of my never ending desire for knowledge aswell as being able to say that my decision to renounce my faith was an informed one and not just a hollow attempt to do what every one else seems to be doing because '...being christian is just so conformist man...' (don't emo children annoy you).

Sussicran is actually narcissus backwards. Narcissus is an ancient greek myth that describes the death a beautiful young boy. His beauty spawned the love of men and women. One particular nymph fell in love with his devious smile, pure skin and golden locks. He rejected her as he was totally and hopelessly infatuated with himself. The boy clung to the rivers edge day after staring into the beautiful young boy in the water beneath him. he tried to touch him but he would always seem to dissapear. One day in desperation he jumped into the water but he never rose above the waters surface. The water took his life as punishment for his self infatuation. It is said that a flower sprung up near the waters edge and it is named after narcissus.

Very crude explanation of a very beautiful story but i decided to base my character upon this and the anti christ. Its all very blurry at the moment. So very blurry but it will come to the surface soon and it will be so beautiful. Ohh i really hope so.

And i am rather impressed by the work in your gallery you have a very beautiful style. I hope to talk to you again soon.

I really need to befriend a girl named punctuation.

Ohh and i am truly sorry for offending you from now i shall refer to you in the correct way (even though i wasnt referring to you as the witch (i was pretending to be an angry and confused mob of overprotected and sheltered indiciduals protesting against the obscenity and stupidity of the commments above)). So i am sorry miss luscious llama queen of this humble thread.

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
The Cruel Sea said:
hmm i think i should have cleared this up.

CHRISTIANITY (as an organised religion) || ------ lots of space ------ || ME

the church dissillusions me and as a result i have renounced my faith in all christian doctrines and their god.

But on the contrary i am rather interested in studying the bible for what it is; a collection of dogmatic narratives that define what it is to be christian. I study it out of curiosity and for the unnatainable satisfaction of my never ending desire for knowledge aswell as being able to say that my decision to renounce my faith was an informed one and not just a hollow attempt to do what every one else seems to be doing because '...being christian is just so conformist man...' (don't emo children annoy you).

Sussicran is actually narcissus backwards. Narcissus is an ancient greek myth that describes the death a beautiful young boy. His beauty spawned the love of men and women. One particular nymph fell in love with his devious smile, pure skin and golden locks. He rejected her as he was totally and hopelessly infatuated with himself. The boy clung to the rivers edge day after staring into the beautiful young boy in the water beneath him. he tried to touch him but he would always seem to dissapear. One day in desperation he jumped into the water but he never rose above the waters surface. The water took his life as punishment for his self infatuation. It is said that a flower sprung up near the waters edge and it is named after narcissus.

Very crude explanation of a very beautiful story but i decided to base my character upon this and the anti christ. Its all very blurry at the moment. So very blurry but it will come to the surface soon and it will be so beautiful. Ohh i really hope so.

And i am rather impressed by the work in your gallery you have a very beautiful style. I hope to talk to you again soon.

I really need to befriend a girl named punctuation.

Ohh and i am truly sorry for offending you from now i shall refer to you in the correct way (even though i wasnt referring to you as the witch (i was pretending to be an angry and confused mob of overprotected and sheltered indiciduals protesting against the obscenity and stupidity of the commments above)). So i am sorry miss luscious llama queen of this humble thread.

:) Better...
Ah i'm not offended, just like pestering people :D

I am also dissillusioned by the church/christianity also but their stories are interesting. One time I was dragged into a pentecostal church...it wasnt fun.
Emo children do annoy me, as does the whole "omg i'm conforming, omg i dont conform..." issue..

I like that story of Sussicran. I cant wait to see what you do, it will be beautiful.
The story is certainly gorgeous, the imagery...ahhhhh divine...

Hmmm I think that your punctuation is far better than most people like the idiots who type like this "HeY hOw R u?" or entirely in internet/sms slang....which I just cannot type in - sure its okay to substitute you for U...etc..but other things..bah why bother?

Keep swimming
Miss Luscious Llama Queen of this Humble Thread.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
so whos gonna show their major work for year 11.. mines pretty random

heres mine, its a movie.. (its only the half-complete version).. i didnt put much effort and got 45 xD

http://www.vancorp.com.au/ARTPROJ.wmv

my BOW this year.. well its pretty complex. Even I don't really know the point. It deals with religion and the meaning of life. i dont wanna reveal the story at the risk of plagiarism, but it deals with philosophy, in the direction of Camus' absurdism. I hope it doesn't come out pretentious :p

nwatts

HSC
luscious-llama said:
Hmm I aim to get into art express, even a nomination would be fan-fricking-tastic..erm.....
I'm going to be a bit of a bastard and encourage you to supress that aim.

Do your best. Make what you want to make. Aim to produce artworks you're 100% happy with, and that you've put tonnes of effort into. Artexpress isn't about what's good and what's not. I know too many people from the 04/05 HSC who didn't get nominated, but got exam/MW marks of 95+ (and who have brilliant majors) to know that Artexpress curators pick what they want to pick independent of quality or technical excellence.

IMO the shining example is NTB's major from 2004. It's probably one of the best collections of digital work i've ever seen. He didn't make it to Artexpress, when there was an array of utter crap (in the digital field) on display at ArtNSW/David jones. I did digital work for my HSC and spent a year working out essentially what comes from talent and experience and what comes strait out of an imaging package. Virtually everything I've seen at Artexpress (there have been exceptions) in the digital media/digital photography fields have been overly simplistic and lacking any innovation that shows the artist is an artist rather than a kid playing with photoshop.

I was disappointed that I didn't make it into Artexpress, as were two of my friends who were quite stupidly "assured" by our teacher that they'd get in. We all got exceptional marks, and IMO produced majors of very high quality, but failed to even get nominated.

I don't want to diminish the honour that comes from getting your works in Artexpress. It's a great thing, and you should be proud of yourself. You're among the top ranks of budding artists in NSW. However to those who don't make it, realise that it's not the be-all-and-end-all, and realise that your artwork can still be exceptional, and not get in.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
nwatts said:
I'm going to be a bit of a bastard and encourage you to supress that aim.

Do your best. Make what you want to make. Aim to produce artworks you're 100% happy with, and that you've put tonnes of effort into. Artexpress isn't about what's good and what's not. I know too many people from the 04/05 HSC who didn't get nominated, but got exam/MW marks of 95+ (and who have brilliant majors) to know that Artexpress curators pick what they want to pick independent of quality or technical excellence.

IMO the shining example is NTB's major from 2004. It's probably one of the best collections of digital work i've ever seen. He didn't make it to Artexpress, when there was an array of utter crap (in the digital field) on display at ArtNSW/David jones. I did digital work for my HSC and spent a year working out essentially what comes from talent and experience and what comes strait out of an imaging package. Virtually everything I've seen at Artexpress (there have been exceptions) in the digital media/digital photography fields have been overly simplistic and lacking any innovation that shows the artist is an artist rather than a kid playing with photoshop.

I was disappointed that I didn't make it into Artexpress, as were two of my friends who were quite stupidly "assured" by our teacher that they'd get in. We all got exceptional marks, and IMO produced majors of very high quality, but failed to even get nominated.

I don't want to diminish the honour that comes from getting your works in Artexpress. It's a great thing, and you should be proud of yourself. You're among the top ranks of budding artists in NSW. However to those who don't make it, realise that it's not the be-all-and-end-all, and realise that your artwork can still be exceptional, and not get in.

Yah I know. I'm just aiming for something.
There's also showcase for EE2 i'd like to try and get into..

Do you have any pics of ur major work?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
vanush said:
so whos gonna show their major work for year 11.. mines pretty random

heres mine, its a movie.. (its only the half-complete version).. i didnt put much effort and got 45 xD

http://www.vancorp.com.au/ARTPROJ.wmv

my BOW this year.. well its pretty complex. Even I don't really know the point. It deals with religion and the meaning of life. i dont wanna reveal the story at the risk of plagiarism, but it deals with philosophy, in the direction of Camus' absurdism. I hope it doesn't come out pretentious :p

Our major work for photography was Portraiture.
Mine's pretty conceptless. I chose "Discovery". I binded it in a black album (the kind for scrapbooking) and used different papers and colour transparencies and stuff. I had b+w film and digital photos. B+w film was hand processed, and handprinted using traditional wet photography (darkroom) techniques (took forever)

Shot over 2 days. Beach and my friends rural property.
I used minimal photoshop.

This is half of the photos taken
Technically i've definately improved since but hey, look look look..
http://spaces.msn.com/members/trans...oalbum=showdefault&_c02_owner=1&_c=photoalbum

nwatts

HSC
luscious-llama said:
Yah I know. I'm just aiming for something.
There's also showcase for EE2 i'd like to try and get into..

Do you have any pics of ur major work?
It's good to aim for something. It's just dangerous as you have no idea what the criteria is that your goal is judged upon. EE2 showcase is a bit different. Everything in there is actually good. :)

I can take some pics of my major when I get my camera back, on friday.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
luscious-llama- your photography is awesome! *thumbs up* lol, I just noticed that our subjects are pretty much exactly the same, minus the SoR + I do the extension art course at the NAS:)

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Hermzie said:
luscious-llama- your photography is awesome! *thumbs up* lol, I just noticed that our subjects are pretty much exactly the same, minus the SoR + I do the extension art course at the NAS:)

Hermzie! WOOOOOOOOOOOoo! Similar Subs! Yay!
Oh man I wish i knew about the extension art course earlier (i think they just neglect to mention it if ur at a regional high school...hmm)

:D thanks by the way

HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
(i think they just neglect to mention it if ur at a regional high school...hmm)
Actually - my school didn't know about it either. But I'd read about it here on BOS in year 10, so I emailed the NAS at the beginning of year 11 and asked for information on the course to be mailed to my school.

They should really raise more awareness of the existence of the course among art teachers. Hmm.

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
etc. etc. etc. said:
Actually - my school didn't know about it either. But I'd read about it here on BOS in year 10, so I emailed the NAS at the beginning of year 11 and asked for information on the course to be mailed to my school.

They should really raise more awareness of the existence of the course among art teachers. Hmm.
My art teachers are so scatterbrained....
Probably knew, but then forgot or something, more interested in teapots or something to tell us...(hmm teapot making was fun)

cheers darling collette :D

electric_six

HSC
My art teacher is the worst. Not only is he creepy and strange he can not teach. my yr 11 art classes were the biggest bludge. I dont know if all art classes are like that but seriously we never did any work. The only work he ever made us hand in were our theory assignments. We never did any practical work. We had the most ever drop out of our art class, after yr 11. The class went from about 26 to about 12. I am blaming him if fail my HSC art course.
I didn't even know an extension art class existed.

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
electric_six said:
My art teacher is the worst. Not only is he creepy and strange he can not teach. my yr 11 art classes were the biggest bludge. I dont know if all art classes are like that but seriously we never did any work. The only work he ever made us hand in were our theory assignments. We never did any practical work. We had the most ever drop out of our art class, after yr 11. The class went from about 26 to about 12. I am blaming him if fail my HSC art course.
I didn't even know an extension art class existed.
Our art teachers produce the best hsc results of any faculty in the school so we get no bludging time and tonnes of theory piled into our puny heads.

However ur teacher sounds like frankenstein, if you can GET A MENTOR...or something...here in Newcastle you can go to art classes and get tutoring and criticisms and sttuff ...really if they're that bad...

26- 12 is a huge drop - perhaps it is wise now in the holidays with most of us having a little freetime on our hands to polish the shotgun...

Oh yeah at my school we have 74 doing art. thats 5 classes of art.

PS: if u ever need any help i'm willing to help out :)?

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
5 classes doing art? *jaw drops* Looking past that my school has a separate professional art studio, we only have 11 students doing art, 10 of which do not take it seriously, which really gets quite annoying. The classroom environment we have is quite shocking in that everyone rocks up to class with the intention to bludge, and most get away with it. MEANWHILE, there are giant canvases and tubes of Matisse paints waiting to be used in the studio.

I attend a school with retards:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)