Class of 2006 (1 Viewer)

chelle88

HSC
Yeah for those interested im doing 2U and 3U,

in reply to lesmiester_dj it's sopmetimes really hard to scale me cause I'm not in the maths class, I teach the course to myself cause I have a dodgy maths teacher and my school is suss and none of the lines cross over so I can't be in the yr 12 class (long story)...though i average around the 90's which i'm pleased with

In my sc I got 97%, and for prelim I got 2nd in 2u and 1st in 3u which was I was also happy with, cause they marked me as a year 11 student...all three courses I did this year (2004) cause my school is suss, so i had double the workload.

what level is your understanding???...wat do you mean by this?
also just out of curiosity how did you go in your hsc for maths?¿

Michelle

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
chelle88 said:
Yeah for those interested im doing 2U and 3U,

in reply to lesmiester_dj it's sopmetimes really hard to scale me cause I'm not in the maths class, I teach the course to myself cause I have a dodgy maths teacher and my school is suss and none of the lines cross over so I can't be in the yr 12 class (long story)...though i average around the 90's which i'm pleased with

In my sc I got 97%, and for prelim I got 2nd in 2u and 1st in 3u which was I was also happy with, cause they marked me as a year 11 student...all three courses I did this year (2004) cause my school is suss, so i had double the workload.

what level is your understanding???...wat do you mean by this?
also just out of curiosity how did you go in your hsc for maths?¿

Michelle
Good on you! It's great to see people accelerating if they are able.

Lesmeister just started year 12, but I don't think he accelerated, so he hasn't done it yet.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm really impressed chelle88. i thought you were one of them boasters who were merely showing off. but to get 1st in 3u, i'll pay that :D

yes like slide rule said, i have only started year 12. but at my school, hardly anyone is able to accelerate in any subjects. my school isn't known for academic achievement, rather, just for its languages. the only subjects that can be accelerated are languages. like two people i know in my year, finished their hsc for german.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
oh and what i meant as level of understanding was, whether you learnt the work. but i was asking how deep was the measure of application of what you learnt. but in accordance with your results in maths against other year 11's, then it must be quite exceptional.

Pianpupodoel

Neurotic Member
HSC
w00t! Yr 11 here i come... :eek:

My subjects:

3unit Maths
3unit English
Physics
Chemistry
Economics

+ 1 unit Mind and Morality from Syd Uni.

I wonder how many people have exactly the same subject choices as me (minus the M&M) :D

69^boi

HSC
N/A
on top of dat is anyone getting a part-time job too

chelle88

HSC
69^boi said:
on top of dat is anyone getting a part-time job too
Yeah, I have one at the local cinema it's a really good job, I only get like one shift a week but that suits me. It's also good as they don't put you on the roster when you have exams giving you heaps of time to study.

behemuf

HSC
Yeh Ive Got a Job at the LOcal Ice Skating and its a good job (Especially in summer) and i get the right amount of shifts that suit me. I usually do 10 to 15 hours a week averaging 120 Bucks a week which is sufficient to spend and save for travelling. Most of my work is on the weekend which is best.
Kewl JOSH

Stan..

HSC
I am going into yr11,
Subjects:
Std English
3u Maths
Physics
Engineering Studies
Modern History
SoR II

I am not as nervous as I should be, the only worrying subjects is 3u Maths and Std English. 3u Maths is a problem because I stuffed the yr10 yearly and I need 90+ to get to 4u comfortably, I got screwed out of Advanced English so I am pretty pissed about that. However I have good tutors going into year 11 so I am good.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Don't be nervous about going into yr 11, it's great fun :D You get to make fun of all the juniors, you get heeeaps more respect and yeah, more work, but you get used to it.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I got a part time job January 1st 2004 and dropped it half way through first term HSC.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
mm yes, he's right. if you need to make money for next yr...work lots this yr (but still do your schoolwork).....then quit next yr

HSC
heys.. haha.. i think my friend Jess is going there next year too .. haha

i go to chelt. gals

im doing

- advanced maths .. i dunno if i should do genreal ??
- bussiness
- econmics
- IPT
- accounting at hornsby tafe .. anyone doing it > im a loner..?? everyones goin to medowbank?
- standard english .

for sc i got .. um band 4 for eng/maths the rest 3's .. i dunno .. im still considering maths.. cous im not good at it.. but everyones like try .. your getting a chance.. any advice ..??msg me ^^
thanks ...

` d O l l i i * xOxo

lala2

Banned
HSC
to every1 worried about their SC maths marks (not just lilkiwicutie89), yeah give everything a shot, and don't worry, I'm now Year 11/12 so I'm living proof of this: I got band 5 for maths, and now, for both my first HSC maths assessments, for 2U and 3U, I got 29/30 for both--that's what you call touching the stars! so just get the drive going in you, and even if you don't cruise through year 11 (which I certainly didn't), it's good to store it up for year 12, like I am now. g'luck with managing and keeping the good old year 11 forum alive!

deano059

HSC
duggoh

hey adam

which gloria jeans r u at?

what school were u at last before now the move to bradfield? dw im transferring too so we both wont know anybody there! i think by year 11 guys tend to look after u if ur new, its not like in y7 where theres the tiny groups and uve got to break into 1.

dont b afraid to ask for help though!! dont b afraid to jump up and just say hhheeeelllllppp if you dont know whats going on in a new and unfamiliar place

duggoh

Adam
HSC
hey deano :D

I quit gloria jeans like yesterday :p but I was at eastgardens...

and I went 2 Waverley College...

thanks for the advice deano :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
lala2 said:
I got band 5 for maths, and now, for both my first HSC maths assessments, for 2U and 3U, I got 29/30 for both--that's what you call touching the stars!
Same. Got band 5 for maths SC, owned my first 4U maths HSC assessment.

Don't worry about what you got in the SC.

[trent]

HSC
Ahh...class of 2006...that doesn't sound too far away anymore!
Anyway, I'm pretty nervous about yr 11...I'm doing all accademic subjects and no 'fun' ones:

- modern history
- business studies
- economic
- society and culture
- 3U english
- 2U maths

blah...oh well, hope everyone's having a good hol while it lasts :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)