Class of 2006 (1 Viewer)

jezmarelda

HSC
duggoh said:
Haha, now that all you current guys become HSC, I thought i'd start a preliminary thread for those of us about to enter year 11.

I'm scared, is anyone else?

My SC was less than stellar... I got Band Three for Science and maths, Band Four for History and English and Band Five for Geography.

But i didn't study much, but now times have changed... and im gonna be a lean, mean, studying machine =P

Next year I'm going to be going to Bradfield College, which is part of the Northern Sydney Institute of TAFE (which is a big trip, cause I live in Botany - near the airport), so if anyone else is going there, lets become friends before we start, it'll make it much easier to settle in =D

Well hope you all have a merry christmas and have a WONDERFUL new year jam packed full of the wonders which are year eleven.

And also, do you guys know what you wanna do yet once you finish uni... (I do :p Bachelor of media - writing at macquarie uni) and does anyone else have a job? (I do :p I work at Gloria Jeans)...

Haha, I'm so annoying... and this is totally corny... But let's all be friends =P

Cya All,
Adam

dont be scared, enjoy year 11 and remember that we're all in the same boat as you.

Lavenderpup

HSC
Pianpupodoel said:
w00t! Yr 11 here i come... :eek:

My subjects:

3unit Maths
3unit English
Physics
Chemistry
Economics

+ 1 unit Mind and Morality from Syd Uni.

I wonder how many people have exactly the same subject choices as me (minus the M&M) :D
I'm doing the exact same subjects except with 1 unit SOR (Sigh...) and not M&m :p

HSC
heres a tip from a year 12'er

take nice hard courses, hang onto it as long as you can, try as ahrd as you can, year 11's great too see what youre made of, and drop what you cant do

i regret not keeping hte hard maths, even though im shit and hate it, i think too myself maybe with some determination, id rather fail 3u bad and get it nailed in my head im shithouse at maths, rather than never try 3u at all and only do mathematics for 2 terms, to be honest with you i was scoring 60-70% i just was too lazy too keep up the effort

also ENJOY YEAR 11! i wish i could go back and retry hard, put in the effort now and 3-4 hours study a day seems nothing, you gotta boost it up more too suceed your best potential

remember this simple rule: the more you pay attention in class, the less you have too study for exams

and by paying attention i also mean doing the work, listening well, working effeciently and that sort of shit

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
im goin into yr 11 too! pretty excited... we get different uniforms, so now NO ONE can say im in yr 7 anymore - ill have the skirt 2 prove it!!! just coz ur short doesnt mean ur young necessarily, lol... :)
anyway these r my subs 4 yr 11:

Adv.Eng :)
Ext.1 Eng
Drama*grin*
Biology
Modern History
Mathematics*bleh*
Exploring Early Childhood

didnt wanna do maths at all coz it SUCKS, despite the fact that im good at it... but my parents kinda presured me into it. oh well, im happy tho :) :)

duggoh

Adam
HSC
Hey guys, did any of u get ur timetables today?

I really love mine, all my sutdy period are either first block or last... which is GREAT :p

Yeah, yr 11 seems cool so far...

rock on guys,
adam

donnytuco

tuco
HSC
got mine... most of the classes r alright, but with some the problem is the people. cus last year i was in a below average class cus i was new to school and watever, so i was used to 'normal' people. so because i chose harder subjects, most people in it are the 'smart' kind who talk about how they liked looking for alibrandi the book, but hated the movie because it failed to live up to expectations and the framing was all wrong, and how they would've done it so much better. WHO GIVES A FUCK!

yea... anyways enuff of my bitching, got more of this crap tomooro

lil_miz_gigglez

HSC
Pianpupodoel said:
w00t! Yr 11 here i come... :eek:

My subjects:

3unit Maths
3unit English
Physics
Chemistry
Economics

+ 1 unit Mind and Morality from Syd Uni.

I wonder how many people have exactly the same subject choices as me (minus the M&M) :D
I'm goin

3U Maths
3U English
Chemistry
Physics
Ancient History - Not that i want 2!!!

Close enough 2 ur subjects ay???

its been nearly 2 weeks already & i'm still freaking out bout YR 11 !

BTW - can u believe i hab no free periods at all!

Pianpupodoel

Neurotic Member
HSC
This sucks.

Its only been two weeks and i cbf coming home and doing hmwk straight away anymore. Im already saying "ill do it tomorrow" each and every afternoon. :(

This lack of self-discipline degraded faster than i would have thought.

sladehk

le random
HSC
Your attitude is unnervingly similar to mine

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i know what u mean... ive been trying valiantly to keep on top of the hw and not procrastinate about it, but... well...bio and math really suck and i can feel my resolve starting to crack already :p

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Well 2 weeks into Year 11 and I'm settling in pretty well. Kindda happy with my subjects, I guess:

Maths Ext
Eng Ext
Japanese Cont.
Economics
Physics
1u SOR <-- compulsory, how gay

13units all up. Not many frees and 3 early morning classes >__<

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Three weeks in and i've settled in so well I'm back to my old habits of procrastination:p

I'm taking:

Ext English
Adv English
Modern History (distant ed)
Ancient History
Society and Culture
Visual Arts
Music

Everything is going well except for art because my teachers are nazis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)