clubs and societies (1 Viewer)

Elspeth

There are far too many to choose from!

But I think I'll be joining the Indonesian one, for sure.... although I am majoring in govt and international relations, I'm not so sure I want to sign up for any particular political group right away...

-A non-committed Elspeth

utopian731

Eudaimonian
Whats the siuation if you want to START a club???

LIke, is there a minimum number of members??

With reference to a previous ost...thereshould so be an atheist club - enough christian clubs....

im definitely down for the comedy club

timmii

sporadic attendee
Hmmm i think i'll start a club that targets ppl like me :p

The "white, but often sunburnt, straight, agnostic, rather enthusiastic about uni but overwhelmed by all the ppl" club....

You need a proposal and an executive plus for a motion to be passed....

kini mini

HSC
If you have the minimum number of people signed up for your club at UNSW (20 i think) you get funding from the uni :D. I'm sure Sydney does that as well.

utopian731, I agree there has to be an atheist club...there are at least 7 Christian clubs at UNSW all of whom harass first-years :p.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini
I agree there has to be an atheist club...there are at least 7 Christian clubs at UNSW all of whom harass first-years :p.
Yeah, geez! I got all excited when I heard one of the societies was offering immortality. :(

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Lazarus
Yeah, geez! I got all excited when I heard one of the societies was offering immortality. :(
hmmm immortality.

With a nick like lazarus and the status of god?

Surely you're the one who could be making the offers? :p ;) :D

Pretz

our uni has a cheerleading squad? awesome. what sports do they cheer for? i mean they do cheer for sports right?

Fi

(i) 2morrow i'll be joining the dramatic society..............I couldn't bring myself to do sign up 2day..everyone looked so ...."ohh i wanna be an actress"

Ignore me!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Well, I ended up joining the Agsoc, the comedy club, the UN society, the student life club (they gave me a chuppa chup) and something else, oh, the film society. I wanted to join the soccer one, but it was just to play weekend soccer, and I already do that, so that was a bummer.

I also wanted to join the SURCAS, but the people at the desk wouldnt help me, they acted like I wasnt even there, so I got a bit shitty. They did that to me at the film soc one aswell. Geez, they're supposed to be enticing people in!

However, I didnt fall into the Evangelical Union trap or the Super hard core catholics trap. Everytime one of them stopped me I had to remind myself not to say I went to a catholic school! I could get into trouble!!!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Filmsoc was the first one i joined...strange, the ppl behind the desk were so lovely. I actually kept seeing one guy round campus and saying "hi" etc...but I can't remember his name! :confused:

Anyone else doing the school tutoring programme? Kinda like BoS but irl... :p

The catholics were fairly persistent weren't they? I started off wednesday morning politely declining...by thurs arvo I was glaring at them in what I hoped communicated my interest in the revival of the roman sport of feeding them to lions... ;) :p Or not.

I friend of mine kinda got lost because he made the foolish error of engaging one of the young libs in friendly policy banter...:rolleyes: He was walking with us, and then he wasn't...2hours later he emerged from the main area looking slightly bedraggled and rather exhausted. Maybe we should throw them to lions too? :p ;) :D

Disclaimer: this post does not in anyway reflect directly on my political/religious views....:rolleyes:

Fi

i joined six societies

the Dramatic society
the medieval society
the UN thingy
Students against war
refugee group
and sumsa

:D :D :wave: :guitar:

Fi

I'm sure u can still join clubs, just grab that little booklet with all the info about societies and clubs, and contact the clubs u want to join directly.

Fi

I realise the word 'club' was used too many times in the above post.

Fi

I'm not too sure...the src / union?? was giving them out. Maybe at the student centre....hey u know that web-site might have the contact numbers of the clubs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)