Coldplay (1 Viewer)

Coldplay?

• Total voters
HSC
In my opinion, Coldplay are the best band in the world right now. I don't think anyone couldve had any more hits, or have had any more anticipation for an album...X&Y ripped through the charts around the world. They were the biggest headliner at Live8 next to U2 (who are the only ones who beat Coldplay)...
they really crept up on the world...such an interesting style...

discuss...ie: Love it or Shove it...

hApPy1

HSC
ALL THE WAY!!! (and this is coming from an RnB freak) I ABSOLUTELY LUV COLDPLAY- its really diff and it kind of takes u to another world!! when i feel like forgetting all the crap in my life- bung on a coldplay hit and im off into la la land!...i heard they arent as enthusiastic about their music tho (like on rove last year when they promoted 'rush of blood to the head'...anyone knoe anything about that?

^___^
HSC
top band

although they did faced alot of criticism when they started..i remember someone quoted them as being "the softcore Radiohead"

eh, either way, its music. you don't need a reason to love them(as long as you don't love them cos your mates do).

I'm getting X&Y next week cos i've got exams and i need to work a bit before i go spending again :p

Rush of Blood to the head rocks

Ellie-Bee

HSC
I wouldn't say they're the best band in the world at the moment but they're ok. I prefer Athlete - similar to Coldplay but 10000000000 times better - Coldplay stole a lot of their stuff from Athlete, so yeah, thats my opinion.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i like some coldplay songs but i don't LOVE them. and i can't believe you think u2 were the best act in ALL of live8. there were so many better performances.

wanton-wonton

HSC
TheHarlequinMan said:
In my opinion, Coldplay are the best band in the world right now. I don't think anyone couldve had any more hits, or have had any more anticipation for an album...X&Y ripped through the charts around the world. They were the biggest headliner at Live8 next to U2 (who are the only ones who beat Coldplay)...
they really crept up on the world...such an interesting style...

discuss...ie: Love it or Shove it...
Look. I know Coldplay is a great band with great hits, but saying they were the biggest headliner at Live 8 next to U2 is JUST BULLSHIT. According to online polls, Pink Floyd's performance topped, and for a good reason too, not coldplay. I'm sorry.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
TheHarlequinMan said:
I don't think anyone couldve had any more hits, or have had any more anticipation for an album...X&Y ripped through the charts around the world.
before i start...id just like to say i have nothing against Coldplay (infact i have parachutes)

more hits??? like what? clocks....and.......yellow maybe....

speed of sound is clocks backward....or they r incredibly similar...

ripped through the charts? record companies buy places on the charts...anyone can do that as long as they have the cash...

that is all....

wanton-wonton

HSC
mr_brightside said:
ripped through the charts? record companies buy places on the charts...anyone can do that as long as they have the cash...
How do you mean?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
How do you mean?
why do most albums come out at number 1?

if it were based on sales then the would start at the bottom and work their way up...

i believe the charts are purely commerical based....

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
mr_brightside said:
why do most albums come out at number 1?

if it were based on sales then the would start at the bottom and work their way up...

i believe the charts are purely commerical based....
Umm....how the hell do you figure this? They come out at number one because people buy the album the first week it comes out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)