Coles Pay Rate (1 Viewer)

mitch179

HSC
CieL said:
Yeah, they're heaps easy to use. If you're not retarded.

Coles is getting a new system. Same layout except we have those gay multi-buy and blah blah buy sales going on.... like Woolies...

It's going to be so stupid though.... e.g. Buy two 2L Cokes and get a 50g Mars bar free.. people are just going to pick the wrong sized "free" candy bar and demand it's our fault for being misleading or some crap. When they clearly can't read. We have all these issues on ticketing already and because we have so many dumbasses in my area it's going to be chaotic.

Keying in produce items is easy as. There's usually a number on the fresh produce. If there is none, just ask the customer what the full name of the fruit/vege is called and you can just search it up by hitting "Fresh Produce", and a QWERTY keyboard will pop up and you just type it in...... and it also shows you a clear coloured picture so it's practically impossible to get wrong.

Then when you get more used to the system, you will be able to just type in codes from the top of your head. Refer to "Memorising Key Codes" thread.
The multi-buys won't automatically calculate? With woolies, they did. If it was buy 2 cokes, get 1 for 5% off or something, it would automatically show up.

I know this because I used to work there, now I work at Target where all the good people work (at a Coles Group company)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
mitch179 said:
The multi-buys won't automatically calculate? With woolies, they did. If it was buy 2 cokes, get 1 for 5% off or something, it would automatically show up.

I know this because I used to work there, now I work at Target where all the good people work (at a Coles Group company)
Coles is going to be automatic aswell! thankgod for that...

CieL

HSC
mitch179 said:

Yeah, multi-buys automatically calculates..

But I forgot what the other one was called... but as I said, it's something like, "Buy two 2L Cokes, get a 50g Mars Bar free"... then people are going to pick up a 80g [or just another size that's not on promo] Mars bar and wonder why it's not free

Do you understand?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
CieL said:
But I forgot what the other one was called... but as I said, it's something like, "Buy two 2L Cokes, get a 50g Mars Bar free"... then people are going to pick up a 80g [or just another size that's not on promo] Mars bar and wonder why it's not free
'Bonus Buy'....getting a free item when purchasing specified items.

jacqueloma

HSC
CieL said:
Hm.. I dont get the rate mentioned..
Maybe it varies between stores.
it does depend a little on how long you've been at the company.
i always notice a pay rise on the date i began.
its not that much, about 25 cents, but it IS something.

anyone know the supervisor rates?

CieL

HSC
jacqueloma said:
it does depend a little on how long you've been at the company.
i always notice a pay rise on the date i began.
its not that much, about 25 cents, but it IS something.

anyone know the supervisor rates?
Supervisor rates are shit unless you work at a massive store.

My rate depends on:
1. How many people I'm supervising
2. Hours I'm supervising

And then they give you a so called InCharge pay on your payslip.. and it doesn't even calculate where they got the numbers from

At least that's what my store does =S

westlife

HSC
greekgun said:
Im a casual worker at coles and yes it is at a coles store. If u think its wrong then maybe i should ask my manager about it. If im getting paid less then what im supposed to be getting, someones going to get hurt :ninja: .
i work at kmart and my sister up until sunday worked at coles, and the pay rates seem right. for some reason people who work at coles get 1.2 ordinary time on saturday. with time and a half on sunday's, no matter where you it never is exactly time and a half. i've just turned 18 i'm on $13 something an hour, andv $18 something on sundays.

CieL

HSC
westlife said:
i work at kmart and my sister up until sunday worked at coles, and the pay rates seem right. for some reason people who work at coles get 1.2 ordinary time on saturday. with time and a half on sunday's, no matter where you it never is exactly time and a half. i've just turned 18 i'm on $13 something an hour, andv $18 something on sundays.
Okay.. I'm getting suss my payrate is screwed for a 19yr old..
It's under what is stated, and i know a 20yr old who has been working for a shorter period of time than me is getting paid more than stated amount.
We are both casuals.

And yeah, when I was 18 I got 13something and 18 something.

I work at Coles and I dont get 1.2 on saturdays........

You're making me feel rorted lol

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Okay.. I'm getting suss my payrate is screwed for a 19yr old..
It's under what is stated, and i know a 20yr old who has been working for a shorter period of time than me is getting paid more than stated amount.
We are both casuals.

And yeah, when I was 18 I got 13something and 18 something.

I work at Coles and I dont get 1.2 on saturdays........

You're making me feel rorted lol
Good be worse, we could be getting KFC rates. Seriously they get paid in shit.

And yeah our coles is moving to a different section of Northlands, thankfully its in the quieter section of Northies so i hope that means there will be less customers.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I got the casual job at coles(dairy section), left my other job at maccas and start this week. So seeing its a new store (80% people new), they decide to give me 1 x4 hour Sat Shift, now that is shit. I have had no income for about 2months, and then they decide to give me one crappy 4 hour shift, and its not even on a Sunday!

Anyway, from other coles emplyees views, will my shift load pick up, cause they wont see me last long at 4hours a week!

CieL

HSC
milocole said:
Anyway, from other coles emplyees views, will my shift load pick up, cause they wont see me last long at 4hours a week!
Two things.

1. Prove yourself. Make yourself noticed so they have a reason to give you more shifts. Why the fuck would a manager want someone shit to work if they have someone better.

2. Talk to your manager. Ask them if they could give you longer shifts. Maybe write your availabilities. Are you available often?

When I first started they gave me like 2-3 shifts a week cos I was noob. Then 2 wks later, when my results came in on the report [working faster than most seniors and being the cheapest], plus scoring 100% for mystery shoppers.. my manager started giving me any shifts I wanted. 9hr shifts? OK. Work Sunday? OK.

And during the holidays, I told my manager, if you give me a 3hr shift, don't expect me to turn up. Ideally I'd like 5hrs+ [for the paid break bwahhaa].. but 4hrs is ok if it's either the start or the end of the day.. atm I'm working 6 days a week and I'm rostered for 6hrs on ANZAC day tehehehhe =D

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Totally random, but does the 6 hour online induction (for Target, idk if they do it for Coles??) actually take 6 hours?!

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Martyno1 said:
Totally random, but does the 6 hour online induction (for Target, idk if they do it for Coles??) actually take 6 hours?!
Want to do good, yes 6 hours,

Want to do crap, yes 3 hours

ITS HELL BORING MATE, i would by somehting to chew on

mcquinn

HSC
That's if they actually pay you...

I did my online induction, they gave me one 4hr shift for a stocktake then didn't call me back for a month. I'm now working consistent shifts around 3 times a week, but by the time they had started me working again i couldnt pick up my payslip to see if i had been paid for my induction (only keep them for a month)

When i asked them about it they assured they had paid me, but checking my bank accounts it was obvious they hadnt. So yeh...moral is i guess, just make sure you pick up ur payslips and follow up any problems u might have to managers, cuz they dont give a damn and wont do anything less u make them.

Or maybe thats just my managers... :S

chandoolz

HSC
i am currently at coles.. doing checkouts.. getting $20.3hr
they called me up today asking if i wish to change to part-time.. and train to be a supervisor.. as they are in need... what are the price differences? do supervisors get more $?

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
chandoolz said:
they called me up today asking if i wish to change to part-time.. and train to be a supervisor.. as they are in need... what are the price differences? do supervisors get more $?
FUCK OFF.

Liar.

$20.30?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I dont know, but you are not on $20.30 on Checkouts, I have the Coles Payrate sheet in front of me now!!!!!!!!!

CieL

HSC
chandoolz said:
How old are you?
If you are 18 like you say in your profile, you shouldn't be getting $20/hr, it should be around $14-15/hr.. [casual].. Unless they've fucked something up and you're getting paid wayyyy too much

But yeah, supervisors do get more money. But it's not based on an hourly rate or anything.. how much you earn depends on how many people you're supervising, and how many hours you're doing it for.

And yes, as a checkout/front end supervisor I also get paid $20.34/hr + supervisor rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)