Coles Pay Rate (2 Viewers)

ZabZu

HSC
milocole said:
I dont know, but you are not on $20.30 on Checkouts, I have the Coles Payrate sheet in front of me now!!!!!!!!!
The payrates are usually based on permanent wages, not casual.

Casuals who are aged 20+ get $20.30. I worked on the checkouts a few months ago.

chandoolz

HSC
i am 18.. but when i joined coles.. i got recruited the same time as OLD people.. and i think they got me confused with the 30yr olds.. n gave me the same pay as them..
and to whoever called me a liar.. i am gettin $20.3hr? why the hell wud i lie about that for?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i see a lot of jealous people.

don't be surprised if they found out and ask you to pay back the difference. as they would pay you the difference had they paid you less. one of my mates worked for an undisclosed store at the dutyfree area, and he got paid double every week for like 3 months. the place never found out.

greekgun

HSC
wuddie said:
i see a lot of jealous people.

don't be surprised if they found out and ask you to pay back the difference. as they would pay you the difference had they paid you less. one of my mates worked for an undisclosed store at the dutyfree area, and he got paid double every week for like 3 months. the place never found out.
lucky bastard.

frenchyff

HSC
hey,
do any of you know how much they pay to a 14 y.o. packing shelves. if you do let me know.
cheers

CieL

HSC
lol no idea... I haven't had anyone so young work at the places I work.. But I'm guessing around $6-7 per hour? lol

Ben73

HSC
I get paid $11.36244 and my job title is SERV ASS.
Oh I'm 17 too
Sundays are 1.5 of teh above rate i guess

Ben73

HSC
Martyno1 said:
Totally random, but does the 6 hour online induction (for Target, idk if they do it for Coles??) actually take 6 hours?!
It took me like 7 and a half hours to doo....... But I was on msn at the same time lol. :)

CieL

HSC
Ben73 said:
I get paid $11.36244 and my job title is SERV ASS.
Oh I'm 17 too
Sundays are 1.5 of teh above rate i guess
Uh nep.
Sunday rates are 1.5x of the part-timer's rate.. so it'd be just slightly under 1.5

ashie1990

HSC
the actual rate you get is 1.2
the rate of $11.36244 is actually 1.2 of the assigned rate,
and on a sunday you get 1.5

also, the rates apply according to your age not what position you actually have, unless you are a manager, supervisor or 2IC

i know this because i am a supervisor and my mother is a manager.

hope this helps

CieL

HSC
ashie1990 said:
i know this because i am a supervisor and my mother is a manager.
Is that awkward?
Do you get better shifts?

How much do they pay a manager nowdays anyway?

Dr. Oyster

HSC
I'm a 16 year old about to sign up online.

What are my chances of being accepted? I havent had any work experience yet.

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
CieL said:
Is that awkward?
Do you get better shifts?

How much do they pay a manager nowdays anyway?
im curious too..my manager has been there for years...i wonder..

Hockeygirl661

HSC
N/A
nanaxdd said:
im curious too..my manager has been there for years...i wonder..
I'm a duty manager at target and i get mon-fri $13.57 or something and sat $24 something and on sundays like $30 an hour its a bit annoying because since I am under 21 my pay rate for mon-fri remains the same as PT and FT workers, but on weekends I get the supervisor flexi rate ($13.57 is off of the new pay rise we recieved 2 weeks ago :))

If i have to work a weekend (I do 1 in 4) then i will have 1 day off during the week. My normal shifts are 9-5 but if im closing the shop i will work 10-6 on some thursday nights i will work 12-9 and since im working in a TC store 8-4 if i have to do cash office
on saturdays i will work 8-5 and on sundays 10-4. Im also a department manager looking after electrical, toys and nursery.

Last edited:

bobr84

HSC
AGE 20+ Part Time = $17.22 hr Casual = $20.66 hr
19 Part Time = $13.77 hr Casual = $16.53 hr
18 Part Time = $11.62 hr Casual = $13.94 hr
17 Part Time = $9.47 hr Casual = $11.36 hr
16 Part Time = $8.61 hr Casual = $10.33 hr
U 16 Part Time = $7.75 hr Casual = $9.30 hr

The above is our Coles pay rates in Queensland if your a member of "The shop, Distributive & Allied Employees Association" union and thats regardless of what department you work in. I should mention supervisors and mangers get a higher rate of pay though.

Last edited:

sefat

HSC
I have just started my job at Coles Express. I work 6 hrs everyday as a trainee. I just got paid $15.96 per hour for the last. I thought I would get paid around $19 per hour. Are they paying me part time rate? Cause I know $19 is the casual rate. They actually hired me as a casual. I dont know why they r paying part time rate. Is it because of hours? Cause I'm working 6 hrs every weekday as I'm having training. Is it considered to be part time? I am so shocked after seeing my payment :(. I'm 23 now and its to less payment for me :( only $15.96 per hour after a busy customer service every hour :(

CieL

HSC
sefat said:
I have just started my job at Coles Express. I work 6 hrs everyday as a trainee. I just got paid $15.96 per hour for the last. I thought I would get paid around $19 per hour. Are they paying me part time rate? Cause I know $19 is the casual rate. They actually hired me as a casual. I dont know why they r paying part time rate. Is it because of hours? Cause I'm working 6 hrs every weekday as I'm having training. Is it considered to be part time? I am so shocked after seeing my payment :(. I'm 23 now and its to less payment for me :( only $15.96 per hour after a busy customer service every hour :(
Can you please look at your payslip for me.
On the left of the money earnt, there should be a code saying Ordx.x or Pen blah blah can you just tell me what codes you've got?

If you're on training pay, it shoud be "tr" something, cbf'd to look at old payslips.

Also, before you started your first shift you should of signed this piece of paper telling you how much per hour you'll be getting, and you should of also been informed of the length of training period.

PorkkChop

HSC
To be exact, for a 17 year old casual checkout service assistant, the rate is;
Weekdays- 10.01364
Saturday- 11.01504
Sunday- 15.60464

Ahhh Lame! I work as a receptionist at a real estate agent working casually on saturday sunday and monday and I get paid like $10.23 no matter what day I work. :|

bouncingfire

HSC
Iam 16 and getting paid $10.80, i think it goes up every 6 months(on top your age) because of the award.

bouncingfire

HSC
I'm a 16 year old about to sign up online.

What are my chances of being accepted? I havent had any work experience yet.
I got job there with out any experience.
One other thing i should mention is that for some stores dont bother checking the online applicants and just regard ones that are handing in store. I was on the online system for about 16months with out a reply. It was only when i applied in store they gave me a call for a interview for the next day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)