Communications:Roll Call!/Getting to know you! (1 Viewer)

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
hey hey hey
:wave:
im claire, im a north coast kid (forster to be exact), i am obsessed with music, i have blonde hair, and i am starting first year BA Comm (Journo) this lovely 2006 of a year. hooray, after seeing this thread i am excited coz i was scared i wouldnt know anyone being the country bumpkin i am. O Week better be good! Im sure i will see all of you sometime no doubt in our travels. Oh and if you have msn you may as well add me, c1airebear@hotmail.com coz friends = good.
Im pretty much homeless right now, so if you or anyone you know needs someone to share with, what better way to get to know someone than to move in with them.. axe murderers need not reply.

see you soon kidlets xoxoxo

HSC
Hi, I'm doing Journalism/law at UTS and am meant to be going in to enrol this afternoon, but I was just wondering how you guys seem to have already somewhat worked out your timetable without even going in. I can't find a link on the UTS website that shows you the times each subject is run at and what days etc. Thanks for any advice you can give me

Clutch.

HSC
G'day my name is Paul and I'm enrolled to start a communications course at UTS this year. I'm doing Public Communications (unless I receive a late round offer for Media/Law at MAC tonight) and I have my enrollment on Monday.

Look forward to getting to know a few of you around.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Trippendicular said:
Hi, I'm doing Journalism/law at UTS and am meant to be going in to enrol this afternoon, but I was just wondering how you guys seem to have already somewhat worked out your timetable without even going in. I can't find a link on the UTS website that shows you the times each subject is run at and what days etc. Thanks for any advice you can give me
This is the run down of first semester(I've done it in general for all the communications strands):

Communications core:
All communications students study these subjects in first semester regardless of which strand they are in or what degree they are combining with(if any).

Strand subjects:
Communication students in their first semester select one subject from the following according to the strand they are enrolled in.

Writing and Cultural strand subject:

Journalism strand subject:

Media Arts and Production strand subject:

Public Communication strand subject:

Social Inquiry strand subject:

Information Management strand subject:

Now, once you've sorted out which subjects you'll be doing click here for the timetable site. Once you are at the timetable site, you will see an option with a drop down box where you enter your subjects. Then you can click on a button near the bottom and a window will pop up showing lecture and tutorial times plus the available spaces left in these time slots. Voila! You have finished with your timetable for first semester!:)

Clutch.

HSC
Thanks heaps for all the trouble you went to. A couple of links aren't working for me at the moment, but I'll give them another go later.

Thanks again.

Clutch.

HSC
Clutch. said:
I'm doing Public Communications (unless I receive a late round offer for Media/Law at MAC tonight).
Un/Fortunatley I didn't get it (wouldn't drop 0.3 for me) so I will see you all round. Looking forward to it.

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
Clutch. said:
Un/Fortunatley I didn't get it (wouldn't drop 0.3 for me) so I will see you all round. Looking forward to it.
spewin. i got a late rounder for it but im keepin uts. i'd give my spot to you if i could but then that would be one less cool comm kid wouldnt it?
see you soon dude.
claire xx

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
y don't the business people or science people have this thing. i feel left out :worried: :eek: :eek: :eek: not fair.
for fun i'll add myself for ya'll ....as they say in china the more the merrier.

Name is joe. doing bach of finance and mathematics, b arts in intl.
nice meeting you all. i'll be the odd one out. figure:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Clutch.

HSC
Yes, we must unite as a cool-kid empire and fight those who lack the adequate character to be defined as 'cool'
(I say, posting late at night on an internet forum based around study techniques, schools and university- - - cool right?)

Congrats on the late round, I'm kinda glad I didn't get it cause then I would feel I had to take it when I'm pretty sure UTS is for me rather than slogging it out at Macquarie for 5 years (3 is so much more appealing isn't it!) doing some lame degree that makes me sound like an (intellectual) wanker, but doesn't actually give me that much of useful info for what I want to do.

Has anyone done their communications enrolment yet? I want to get some kind of idea of how long it takes. If I have it at noon on Monday, will I have any chance of being out of there by 1.00pm?

sabrina123

HSC
Hey all!!I'm Sabrina and I'm gonna be doing Social Enquiry....really wanted Public Communications though but missed out by .8! Anyone got their enrolment on Monday at 10am?? Oh and so are we supposed to do our timetables before enrolment??

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
You don't get to pick any subjects in first year so you don't need to do timetables or anything.

Clutch.

HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
You don't get to pick any subjects in first year so you don't need to do timetables or anything.
Yeah that's pretty sweet.

Half days Mon,Tues,Wed,Fri and Thursday off.

Loving it.

Any opinion on which is better (Morning/Afternoon Lectures and tutes)?

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Clutch. said:
Any opinion on which is better (Morning/Afternoon Lectures and tutes)?
Mmm, I'm stuck on that too. The problem with morning sessions is waking up at 7 basically renders me incapable of holding a civilised conversation. Then again, it'll be worth it if I don't have to put up with the school kids in the afternoon.

Oh, and does having a tute after a lecture really wear you out? Will there be lots of rushing from room to room? Coz I'd rather not finish at 5 (which means I won't have a break in between). Any advice?

HSC
Nah, cos everyone is in the same boat, so you'll get to class at the same time, even if you do have rushing about. Anyway a lot of lectures end early and a lot of people don't even turn up to them!

Is the 5 oclock class for Contemporary Cultures? If thats the case, I can guarantee that it will definitely NOT wear you out. ;)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I enrolled today, somewhat displeased with the fact that I can't take morning lectures and afternoon tutes...:(

I'm also surprised at the mass of communications students, I never thought there were sooo many!

And hi Sabrina and Paul! lol:wave:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It's so much better to have your lectures and tutes together than having a gap in between... I had in first year a class where the lecture was 9-10, and the tute was 3-5.... I went to that lecture about twice, I couldn't be bothered to crawl out of bed for it in the morning. It will not wear you out to have lectures and tutes straight after one another, trust me. You usually get a 5 min break or so anyway. In fact, when I get back from exchange I am doing 6 hours straight on a Monday with no gaps for my second semester subjects... my friends have done it, and it's all good. Rather do that than have it spread all over the week wasting my time sitting around at uni waiting and stuff.

And yes, there are a lot of communications students, especially now because they added more places to the degrees last year, and now they have added full fee places, so there will be tons and tons.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Its different for me though as I have a class at MQ on the same day and it'll be just a tad hectic if I have to do back to back classes...I suppose I'll just have to put up with it:(

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
Yay! I thought I'd never find anyone doing the same course!

If it makes you feel better I have to wake up at about 7:30 for 9am starts! A lot of people call me dramatic but 7:30 = break of dawn in my world. Living on campus would be awesome (except I'd probably eat out all the time and end up morbidly obese).

Tis exciting. Wee! :D

haha shit i'm the same

i actually put all my prefs down for midday lecture/arvo tutes but i'm going to have to change cos i want to go parttime at work and they already asked me to do 8am-5pm 3 weekdays and i'm like uhh i only have thurs off. oh well, i'll figure something out

did anyone manage to escape fridays? my writing styles and structures seminars are on then :s

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I've never been to uni on a Friday.... except for now, in the UK I have a Friday class every now and then which is slightly annoying, but I have Mondays off instead.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Have any of the Journo students enrolled in the Teeline Shorthand course? I'll be going Tuesday nights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)