Communications:Roll Call!/Getting to know you! (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Do you know if they are taking enrolments for Teeline for second semester yet? I need to do that course when I get back to Australia.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
Do you know if they are taking enrolments for Teeline for second semester yet? I need to do that course when I get back to Australia.
I'm pretty sure they are. You could pick whether you wanted the Tuesday session, or the courses that start in March and June (I think).

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Oh crap, I will still be in Europe in March and June. Maybe they will advertise for one later, there is usually one that starts in August or September. Hopefully....

Clutch.

HSC
Completley selfish communication question:

Where is CM05B.01.11?

(If you don't know in particular, could someone tell me the naming system of the room; like is it Building.Level.Room or something?)

I know I know, I should have gone to o-week and been on a tour and found out, but I would love a bit of direction for my first lecture. Once there, I'll be able to sort myself out by asking for help.

Thanks heaps.

Edit: Also, in the spirit of last minute preparation; is there anything in particular that you are taking for the first day, like forms or anything like that. At the moment, all I see myself taking is a lecture pad book and a pen- Bad?
Oh how I wish I could organise all this tonight rather than having to go out for 18th drinks- blast my friends parents choice of conception date!

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
C means city campus
M means markets site(as opposed to broadway)
05B means the building number (i think)
01 means the floor
11 means the room number

I don't know why you would be there though...cos thats the business and law faculty, not communications:s

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
umm plenty of classes are on all over the place. i think this semester i'm in buildings 1, 4 and 5. if you're doing communications chances are you are too, or something similar

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I'm not sure if this is the right place to express this, but Communication Information Enviroments is officially the worst subject. And my tutor is just beyond lame, for 90 mins we looked over the subject outline sheet :rolleyes: And this whole 'assessment' of leading the tutorial is just complete bogus.

Other then that, great day :D

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to express this, but Communication Information Enviroments is officially the worst subject. And my tutor is just beyond lame, for 90 mins we looked over the subject outline sheet :rolleyes: And this whole 'assessment' of leading the tutorial is just complete bogus.

Other then that, great day :D
It is pretty lame, but we have different lecturers each week so maybe it won't be so bad later on..(*hopeful*). I hated the bit with the assessment too, but especially this phrase: "you're assessment will be marked as one, this means that those at a higher level must work to bring the lower achievers up to a higher standard and the lower acheivers must work not to bring their classmates down." :s

Oh, and what tute were you in Sweets?

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I got Matthew Byrne (todays lecturer) as my tutor so CIE seems kinda fun. What sucks is that everyone seems to know each other, so besides the couple of friends I made its hard to get to know people (yes, I'm basing that on my first day lol). Hopefully tomorrow will be better in that department.

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
CIE is one of the stupidest subjects in the whole degree. Things can only get better, trust me.

Clutch.

HSC
snickerdoodle said:
I got Matthew Byrne (todays lecturer) as my tutor so CIE seems kinda fun. What sucks is that everyone seems to know each other, so besides the couple of friends I made its hard to get to know people (yes, I'm basing that on my first day lol). Hopefully tomorrow will be better in that department.
Yeah he's my tutor as well. He's a hell of a lot more active and interesting than the chick I had for Power+Change today.... I almost fell asleep.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
kami said:
It is pretty lame, but we have different lecturers each week so maybe it won't be so bad later on..(*hopeful*). I hated the bit with the assessment too, but especially this phrase: "you're assessment will be marked as one, this means that those at a higher level must work to bring the lower achievers up to a higher standard and the lower acheivers must work not to bring their classmates down." :s

Oh, and what tute were you in Sweets?

I was in Tute 14, I think, I had some Jan lady. Don't get me started on her inherent crapness.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
I was in Tute 14, I think, I had some Jan lady. Don't get me started on her inherent crapness.
lol - I was in tute 14 with Jane Houghton as tutor.

EDIT: Oh, and can anyone give me a rundown of what was covered in the tutorial for Power and Change? Due to a timetable clash I wasn't able to make it...(I went to the lecture though).

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Clutch. said:
Yeah he's my tutor as well. He's a hell of a lot more active and interesting than the chick I had for Power+Change today.... I almost fell asleep.
lol lol sounds like mine. looks like carmen sandiego, but is some boring british woman

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Clutch. said:
Heh, are we in the same tute? I was at 2:00.

kami, in P&C my tute did a name game (lol, I know, fascinating), then went over the syllabus etcetc. The only important thing we did was allocate weeks for the 2nd assignment. I stupidly picked week 13 without noticing that the final essay is due on the same day. Bah.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
kami said:
lol - I was in tute 14 with Jane Houghton as tutor.

EDIT: Oh, and can anyone give me a rundown of what was covered in the tutorial for Power and Change? Due to a timetable clash I wasn't able to make it...(I went to the lecture though).
Omg really? I was the one writing post its to my new friend, because I was THAT bored.

Today in our P&C tute, they gave us a course outline thingo. We got assigned the week we have to facilitate the tute, and just did general introductions etc.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
Omg really? I was the one writing post its to my new friend, because I was THAT bored.
Haha, I was the one sitting to the back and left(i'm a guy obviously) with oodles of curly blonde/brown hair.

And thanks to everyone for clueing me in to what happened with the Power and Change tute!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)