Concert Review Thread (2 Viewers)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Re: Official Concert Review Thread

Tenacious D tomorrow. :D KEEYAI! Yeah, that's right. It's a karate chop motherfucker.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC

*Lozzie* said:
What: Day on the Green concert
The Line Up: Ross Wilson, Troy Casserdaly, Diesal The Whitlams
When 28th October (my 18th woohoo)
Where Cassergrain Winery Port Macquarie

i thought it was an awesome concert excellent line up
atmosphere was great ----- far few people were drunk by the end of the night but thats expected

ross wilson was really good but that might be bias lol when he sang eagle rock everyone was dancing it was awesome

troy casserdaly was better then i expected im not a big country fan but he sounds awesome live

diesal was really good too he also sounds awesome live

the whitlams were the highlight for me as im a big fan of theres they played some of there old songs and there new ones which was great i would definatly love to see them again

the venue

having it at cassergrains was greatbut it did start raining but only for 5 mins max

energy levels were high all night but that might of been due to the change of peformers

the crowd were really good kept up a good atmosphere altough some did leave before the headline act (the whilams ) came on oh well there loss

anyway over all an excellent night :)
I set up the PA for that show.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC

G3 @ The Hordern. December 8.

This show was INSANE. One of the most amazing shows I have ever been to - 3 of the best guitarists of Earth all lined up to play a 40 minute set each with a 40 minute jam at the end - could a show get any sweeter?

99 bucks for the show seemed a bit overpriced, but when you get to a show at 7, wait 30 minutes for the first acto to come on and you leave at midnight, there's some serious value for money right there.

John Petrucci was first. I'm not a great fan of him or Dream Theater, so I actually missed half his set while I was buying a shirt. He was good - he probably had the best sound mix of the night and Mike Portnoy on drums was always going to be a treat (Fuck those stick throws were amazing). Can't remember the setlist, probably because I didn't take notice. But he did play Glasgow Kiss and Damage Control, so I was happy. Oh yeah, Petrucci's stage presence sucks some major wang.

Steve Vai was next. The 20 minute wait was well compensated for with the best live music set I have ever seen in my life. Not only had all of the Dream Theater fanboys/nerds left the front, but Steve actually had a whole band with him this time. Once again, I can't remember the setlist, but it was one of the best Vai sets I have ever seen. His band played mazingly as always, and because Steve had some nice guitar problems we got to see a 2 minute Billy Sheehan bass solo. Pure gold. I can only remember a couple of his songs - For The Love of God, Whispering A Prayer and Freak Show Excess because I was so spellbound by Steve, as well as Dave and Tony's, guitar playing.

Joe Satriani was a major disappointment until the final song. When he started the first appregio of Always With Me, Always With You, the entire Hordern Pavilion roared as one, shaking the building to its foundations, later causing it to collapse in midst of the people running out of it. AWMAWY was the major highlight of the set, and then....

STEVE VAI JUMPS ON THE STAGE IN AN AKUBRA HAT AND PLAYS A GUEST SOLO, CLOSELY FOLLOWED BY JOHN PETRUCCI. This was the start of the amazingness that is called the G3 Jam. Tonight, the second half of AWMAWY was played, along Voodoo Child, Rocking In The Free World and another song which temporarily escapes me.

Amazing night in all, even though there were some huge faggots in the crowd and the crowd wasn't exactly alive either.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC

Went to NOFX last & they were brilliant!
They played for an hour and a half, and didn't just plug their latest album, only played one song from it in fact, they did a great selection of old and new songs.
And they played The Decline in all its glory!

Muso7

HSC

MUSE!! 23rd Jan

Was the experience really as good as you expected? way better than i had expected.
What was the playlist like? all my favourite songs, especially "map of the problematique' which was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good !!
The crowd demeanor? there was some crowd surfing which was good, everyone was pretty nice there as far as i remember lol
The band/singers energy? awesome.. literally
The venue? hordern pavillion.. it was alright

Would you go see said band/singer again, why? why not? of course, they are sooo darn cool haha

HSC

Converge @ Manning Bar
22/03/07

Was the experience really as good as you expected? holy shit yes.
What was the playlist like? decent, a fair amount played off "you fail me" and "no heroes". they still managed to play some old ones too off.
The crowd demeanor? It was like sausage fest or some sort of jock gathering. The ratio of females to males was possibly 1 female to every 10 males or perhaps less. The crowd toward the front of the stage was fucking nuts, hardcore dancing wanks + "metalheads" + others trying to have a good time.
The band/singers energy? Jacob bannon is pretty much amazing Hearing and watching Ben on drums was mindblowing, hypnotising. Nate is a fucking douche, no offence. Overall, the energy = wow.
The venue?
Can't complain, i actually don't mind the manning bar nowadays.

icecreamdisco

HSC

yeah, converge ruuuuuuled. a bit short, and i would've liked more from jane doe, but it was still damn good.

it also seemed that jake has beefed up a bit, compared to a lot of the youtube vids and press photos i've seen. i'm kinda disappointed that he's now fatter than me. :(

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC

Pixies were great - I still can't get over how good Frank Black's voice sounds after all this time. Fom the high notes in Caribou to the screaming in Tame it was like :O
Also, it was the perfect setlist, I can't think of anything else that I would really want to have in there (maybe Allison/Velouria or Into The White would have been nice, but I'm not fussed).

And La La Love You, geez I don't even like that song on record but it sounded so good in the live setting for some reason. Same thing for Planet of Sound.

I wish I was closer to the front though, it looks like you had a friggen great spot biomic.

icecreamdisco

HSC

i saw the pixies at the v fest aka the pixies concert with 30 support bands.

my fingernails had orgasms,

i am passing out now

HSC

icecreamdisco said:
yeah, converge ruuuuuuled. a bit short, and i would've liked more from jane doe, but it was still damn good.

it also seemed that jake has beefed up a bit, compared to a lot of the youtube vids and press photos i've seen. i'm kinda disappointed that he's now fatter than me. :(
same here, more jane doe would've been great!

jake has beefed up? he still looks way skinny!

HSC

Phoenix @ The Factory
5/4/07

Was the experience really as good as you expected?
O.M.F.G. (except for the fact they didn't play One Time Too Many)

What was the playlist like? Very similar to the V festival playlist with some nice extras. From memory, not in order and not everything: Run Run Run, Long Distance Call, Everything is Everything, Rally, If I ever feel better, Funky Square Dance.
Encore:Too Young, Love For Granted, a cover of Air's Playground Love, Napoleon Says
The crowd demeanor? Loved the crowd at this show, excluding the bunch of dumb girls on the side of the stage. Other than that, everyone else was really great!
The band/singers energy? I love Thomas Mars, he doesn't even need to do much and he's still amazing. I knew he was going to jump into the crowd during one the last songs, and he did and I was stoked that I was literally squished up against him with him singing about 10cm away from my face.
The venue?
First visit to the Factory, love the place. Perfect.

icecreamdisco

HSC

thecurtainfalls said:
jake has beefed up? he still looks way skinny!
yeah, but not freakishly skinny, i thought. he used to be like 90 pounds or something.

Chris.

HSC

yeh it was fukn awesome!

What was the playlist like?

Intro
(Mini-MP3-Player 1.2 ©Ute JacobCan't Stop
Dani California Otherside Charlie Fortune Faded 21st Century
(Mini-MP3-Player 1.2 ©Ute Jacobi)Throw Away Your Television
(Mini-MP3-Player 1.2 ©Ute Jacobi)This Velvet Glove
How Can I Tell You (Cat Stevens cover ) (John Solo)
(Mini-MP3-Player 1.2 ©Ute JacobSnow ((Hey Oh))

Me And My Friends
Don't Forget me
Hump De Bump
I Feel Love(John)
(Mini-MP3-Player 1.2 ©Ute JacobiHey

Californication
Sonny (Flea)
By The Way
---Encore Break---
Chad Solo / Flea's Trumpet Solo
I Could Have Lied
Higher Ground

Setlist was a good mixture of old and new. There couldve been more songs from BSSM but..(the songs highlighted are by mistake..nothing special about them...i cant unbold them!)

The crowd demeanor?
The crowd in my section was half energetic and half shit. Half of them just sat there and didnt even move or sing. Flea got pissed off and told off a section of the crowf for booing the support act ahhaahahah.

The band/singers energy?
I admit they wertn 100% into it...but i heard the lead singer just recovered from sum illness..Flea was still energetic as ever.

The venue?
sound was great. Couldve been better if they turned up the singers mic a bit more at times..

HSC

midnight juggernauts at metro 27th april

definately

What was the playlist like?
very very good, all the songs i wanted to hear. songs like tombstone, shadows, rasied by wolves, road to recovery, 45 and rising....they went really really well.

The crowd demeanor?
crowd was great, everyone was dancing around and having fun during juggers. But during support acts everyone was fairly dead.

The venue?
It was my first time at the metro and i really loved it there. small venue, good sound. and conveniently positioned next to a bar that sells $3 drinks until 11pm.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

oh i was going to try and get into that but i forgot

much new stuff??? (apart from road to recovery?)

HSC

yeah i'm pretty sure there were a few new songs played and they sounded really good.

J

jeddie76

Dragonforce @ Fowler's Live, Adelaide, 12/5/07

This concert is by far the best thing I've been to all year (And that's saying a lot, Eric Clapton, John Mayer, Parkway Drive and Carpathian regarded).
The setlist was fantastic, with a great mix of their old and new tunes. Would've killed to hear Starfire, but I was definetely happy with it overall.

Vanishing Point, the support, were fantastic as well, apart from some guitar troubles (not their fault). They were fantastic for getting the crowd going, and they should be as big here as they are in europe.

The crowd for Dragonforce was fantastic: rough but never violent, hot, fast, and heavy. There were people with their devil horns in the air for the proportion of the hour-and-a-half set. The band's energy was just amazing, constantly jumping around, singing, and drinking whilst playing, making their formidable live show even more enjoyable. ZT's voice was pretty near perfect on the night. Overall, it was pretty much all I was expecting from a Dragonforce Concert, and for their first in Adelaide, it was great.

The Venue, Fowler's, was pretty good as well, although the bar was right at the back, so getting water and then returning to the spot you were at was near on impossible. also, the barrier had a small step on it, which was really stupid and possibly unsafe, since the people on the barrier were slightly raised, and if you were near there, there was danger of slipping off and getting pummelled. That's all the complaints I have, though.

Rock on! :headbang:

mable

HSC

Did anyone go to Live earth??...crowded house were amazing the best part of the whole day i reckon...the crowd went absolutely mental I had a crazy Irish guy i didnt even know (before then) crying his eyes out on my shoulders when they were playing better be home soon... seats were crap but everything else made up for it. CH and John butler were the best sadly wolf mother were a bit of a disspointment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)