Cordless keyboard and mouse (1 Viewer)

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Is it worth buying a cordless keyboard and mouse bundles? Do the key functions operate efficiently than the cord keyboard and mouse?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Ah, I think cordless & optical is about 100x better than cordless and a ball mouse.

Optical has advantages in that you don't have to clean the ball in the mouse, doesn't gather dust et cetera, and is easy to use wherever. Cordless means the mouse and keyboard can go further than with the cord (obviously), there's no fighting with them to stretch where they need to go, and there are no cords on your desk to mess around with.

Most bundles are good, have a look at the Logitech set, which is by far one of the best out there. You can go cheaper, but I'd have to recommend Logitech for this department.

Med

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
the mice aren't good for gamers, or if you value ur speed. Ive had problems with the mx700(heavy, and skips tracking) so im sticking to corded mice.

HTH

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i have a newman wireless kb and moseu that came free with my computer and its great
(its a laser mouse)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
my mum got a cordless keyboard and mosue so that she could hide them and we couldnt use the computer
also..it sucked coz we had to always charge it and the batterys ran out quickly
now we have an optical one with cords that are so long neways
and my mum doenst hide them anymore..haha

Linda N

HSC
N/A
I hate recharging batteries. How often do we recharge them? Daily basis?

I’m still deciding between Cordless optical keyboard and mouse & Corded optical keyboard and mouse. Any further suggestions?

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
wrx has a good point of them being heavy.. (they might be lighter these days.. my Logitec cordless set is 3 years old) but then they usually come with nice little programs of which you can set the sensivity of your the cursor.. so "slowing" probably wouldn't be the issue

I decided to get them because I haaaaaaaaaaaaate cords.. I get very cranky when I see them :( So that's a plus for getting cordless :) The draw back is that you have to feeeed the little mousie (my keyboard never seem to run outta battery - probably because it's not as lively as a mouse) it's especailly annoying when you are in the middle of a game and doing a boss and...

*oops*

mouse dead

and you're dead too!

Oh, if you do go for cordless mouse it would be nice if you get a charger and rechargable batteries too =) Actually, do they still use batteries these days?

Linda N

HSC
N/A
lol It would definitely be nice to purchase a cordless optical mouse with a recharger. I hate cords too. However, I’m still curious how often does a cordless mouse run out of batteries?

MedNez

HSC
N/A
Linda N said:
lol It would definitely be nice to purchase a cordless optical mouse with a recharger. I hate cords too. However, I’m still curious how often does a cordless mouse run out of batteries?
If you used it for 15 hours straight or so it'd need recharging. If you get a mouse with a dock, you have no worries. When you walk away from the computer, put it in the dock =)

Keyboards last forever though, weeks before you need to recharge the batteries.

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
Linda N said:
Mine almsot definitely don't last for months.. Unless when I'm overseas :)

Ummm.. mine lasts for about 3 weeks in a pair 1800 mAh AA batteries.. and I use it a loooooooot... xD poor old mouse, I wonder when will it retire :(

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Thanks guys, really appreciated. I think I’ll be purchasing Logitech Cordless MX Duo. Bargain price is about $130

sunny

meh.
HSC
mitochondria said:
Mine almsot definitely don't last for months.. Unless when I'm overseas :)

Ummm.. mine lasts for about 3 weeks in a pair 1800 mAh AA batteries.. and I use it a loooooooot... xD poor old mouse, I wonder when will it retire :(
The one I posted before runs on 2 AA batteries in the mouse and the keyboard...I've had them since November and they're still running on the original batteries that came with the box.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I have a cordless keyboard and mouse. Although, the mouse gets kind of retarded and annoying when the batteries go flat.

MedNez

HSC
N/A
sunny said:
The one I posted before runs on 2 AA batteries in the mouse and the keyboard...I've had them since November and they're still running on the original batteries that came with the box.
That's excellent! The power usage musn't be very high in the devices.. my mouse only lasts probably 15+ hours off the recharger being used before it starts telling me it has a low battery. But as I said earlier, the keyboard is great, I don't remember the last time I charged the batteries.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Problem with mouse is that the laser doesn't turn off even if your computer is off and you can accidentally bump the mouse and turn it on (higher power consumption level), so get the one with the dock if battery life is a big concern. As for gaming as long as you tweak it right it shouldn't be any worse than wired versions, unless you have one scanning at 1440 dpi.

Trev

stix
HSC
ive got cordless mouse n keyboard sept ive changed back to wired mouse coz i had to change the batteries like weekly, and ive never had to change the batteries in the keyboard EVER and we've had it for over a yr now...

HSC
I got mx700 and i use my comp at least 5 hours a day, the keyboard lasts me so far 6 months, the mouse i recharge about once a week

i am a heavy gamer too and i can tell you i have never had cut outs, and theres even better models than the mx700

payafee

HSC
Trev said:
ive got cordless mouse n keyboard sept ive changed back to wired mouse coz i had to change the batteries like weekly, and ive never had to change the batteries in the keyboard EVER and we've had it for over a yr now...
that's the same with me. i think it's cause the mouse uses more power. ive never had to change the batteries for my keyboard and ive had it for almost a year, but my mouse ran out of batteries quickly.

so the best option is to get a wired mouse and a cordless keyboard. the pros of a cordless keyboard is that it saves deskspace, you can store the keyboard somewhere when you're not using the comp and you can type up your work in the next room. i always do it while im watching tv. pretty cool, huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)