cramming for biology in 2 weeks (1 Viewer)

IceBreaker

HSC
im too lazy man, can you cram for biology? esp with that timmy guy bio note is elite!!. i dont particulary aim to well but neither i dont want to perform that bad. so is this possible?

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i haven't seen timmy's bio notes, but i hear his chem notes are good. someone told me the files have like a 'copywrite 2003' and 'for personal individual use only' watermark on each pg or something.

anyways, cramming? i guess it depends. are you one of those ppl who can remember everything when they cram, but forget it straight after the test? if not, then you shouldn't only study when you have exams. even then, it's a better idea to be consistent, blah blah etc everything you've heard already.

IceBreaker

HSC
yea i can cram, but i quickly dispose of all info after the exam, so its short term and that means i have recream for the trials

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
which is why you should still study consistently. in bio, there's a lot of theory. that amount of theory, you really need to just have in the back of your head rather than cram for. but then, i guess it depends on the individual person

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I think i learn more when i cram. I can only concentrate fo short periods of time (ie 30 mins) so i try to learn the whole course over three days and it worked. However, if you don't know if cramming works for you or not, i do not advise trying to cram right before an exam... :p

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
at the rate my studying is going, i'm going to need to cram in 2 days.

i hate studying.

stainmepink

HSC
LOL!!! cramming bio?! the whole book in 2 days? come back and tell us your mark

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
what do you think i'd get? if you're close, i'll ...er... rep you

considering, well...it's only half the yr 12 syllabus. yes, exactly half. first 2 topics, but we haven't finished learning it. and then since i usually pay attention in class, and do most of my homework. i think i should get an alright mark.

ishq

brown?
HSC
I need to cram exactly half the HSC syllabus in 3 days
Yay!

HSC
i got another 2 weeks to learn 2 topics so i don't have to cram

i'm not into cramming i like to leave the 1 day before an exam so i can relax before test :D so i concentrate more better

IceBreaker

HSC
its in his Sig, there a link on it. look its in one of the sticky in the main biology forum

malkin86

HSC
Good luck peoples!! :) After the exam is over, may I suggest that you try and study a bit every night, rather than cramming at the last minute. A combination of study and cramming worked for me alright.

IceBreaker

HSC
dont know about you, but most of the time bio is boring hearing the teacher talking all this DNA gene stuff, reccessive gene and shit and how you get bluw eyed or whatever....lol such a bludge, i love bio!!

ishq

brown?
HSC
malkin86 said:
Good luck peoples!! :) After the exam is over, may I suggest that you try and study a bit every night, rather than cramming at the last minute. A combination of study and cramming worked for me alright.
I tell myself that every time...
Im such a procrastinator :(

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
answer?

yes for the half-yearlies... NOW WAY for the trials or the hsc

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
table for 1 said:
i haven't seen timmy's bio notes, but i hear his chem notes are good. someone told me the files have like a 'copywrite 2003' and 'for personal individual use only' watermark on each pg or something.
yeah sorry hehe...

its just b4 someone on BOS was asking for my notes.. and they were like one of those private commercial tutoring places.. so to stop them using my notes to make money:p.. i slapped it on... but its still readable

and yeah. my notes are in www.hsc-mirror.tk

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
IceBreaker said:
im too lazy man, can you cram for biology? esp with that timmy guy bio note is elite!!. i dont particulary aim to well but neither i dont want to perform that bad. so is this possible?
2 weeks is sufficient time to write up your own syllabus notes, which can be used for reference later when you've forgotten everything again:)

Nikearashaei

HSC
Yeah Bio is a subject about learning lots and lots and only needing the tiniest fragment of information.
But two weeks is suffiecient to study. I am going to start soon cause my half yearlies are in a fortnight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)