Credit for Previous Studies (1 Viewer)

manavji

HSC
N/A
I almost want to return to UWS. I had equity scholarship at UWS, have none here, no mature age student scholarship offered to me; I am likely to have inconvenience in choosing my timetable, and I still have not received the letter today.
Actually, I almost want to take a leave of absence and go to work-holiday in Canada, and then come back.
LOL you sound like a confused person..

and i didnt receive my letter today as well...

bryandawn

HSC
N/A
Because it's not my problem that they sent out letters to some students while leaving other students waiting past the 8th of Feb. Because I didn't realise that we would wait until 12 Feb when many others have chosen their respective timetables, leaving us to pick the leftover slots.
And I just wanted to vent, that's all.
Anyway, feeling better now.

manavji

HSC
N/A
yeah i get what you mean... im gona get a crap timetable due to this as well.. ah well we all can wait till second sem for a better timetable i guess (hoping maq doesnt make 1yr timetables).

rajputsingh

HSC
yeah i get what you mean... im gona get a crap timetable due to this as well.. ah well we all can wait till second sem for a better timetable i guess (hoping maq doesnt make 1yr timetables).

Lol they actually do make 1year timetables I do believe.

chippendale

HSC
N/A
Sorry to tell you but they do make timetables for the year :(

dolbinau

HSC
Just to clear any vagueness with 'make timetables for the year', manaji people have already selected their times for the 2nd semester, as well as the 1st semester, too.

bryandawn

HSC
N/A
Actually, I called them up, and there is a delay with some law students, because the law department has been making the assessment regarding exemptions, and they told me my application was still with the law department. They won't post out the notice to me in mail, but I'll need to pick it up from the student enquiries services on Friday.

rajputsingh

HSC
Actually, I called them up, and there is a delay with some law students, because the law department has been making the assessment regarding exemptions, and they told me my application was still with the law department. They won't post out the notice to me in mail, but I'll need to pick it up from the student enquiries services on Friday.

Are you serious? The person I talked to yesterday didn't mention that to me.

rajputsingh

HSC
I got mine back today:)

The law subjects have already been exempted and I got 12 credit points for my commerce subjects. A huge relief!

manavji

HSC
N/A
got mine today n says i got accredited 20 cp's on 100 level units... how many units is that?..

jam3zi

HSC
how do u know what subjects you'll get exempted at macquarie? the letter doesnt specify ..

jam3zi

HSC
umm.. well maybe because i got 36 cp at 100 and 8 cp at 200 level :S

rajputsingh

HSC
umm.. well maybe because i got 36 cp at 100 and 8 cp at 200 level :S
How did you get 36 at 100 level? Doesn't 100 mean 1st year? So unless you did Summer school or your course has 12 1st year subjects, this seems a tad odd. Perhaps you have been given 4 cp's per subject.

jam3zi

HSC
How did you get 36 at 100 level? Doesn't 100 mean 1st year? So unless you did Summer school or your course has 12 1st year subjects, this seems a tad odd. Perhaps you have been given 4 cp's per subject.
i never did summer school lol. dw guess ill call them up 2moro

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I wouldn't worry too much, I got 26cp credited when I did it when it should have been 24cp, it was something to do with the way the calcuated units and how they figured some were eqv to 4cp subjects and others 3cps. Checking wont hurt though.

matt88m

HSC
N/A
im eligible for 23 credit points at 100 level and 14 at 200. That means you wont necessarily get them will you?

It also says I need to take in the 'variations to exemptions form' , what is this?

Got to print out 15 or so unit outlines now : /

manavji

HSC
N/A
I studied 7 Units at UWS in 2009... out of which im pretty sure that Business Academic Skills does not count...

So im guessing that the 20 credit points they gave me.. are for 6 of the 7 units they accredited for me?

But i looked at Macquarie handbook and each unit is like 3 Credit points each in my degree so i dont get why they said 20 cp's in letter.. isnt it supposed to be 18?.. or 21? :S..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)