Distinction Courses? (1 Viewer)

dopez

accelerate what you can handle- don't do a subject you're not going to go well in or you don't enjoy.

Ppl got in who accelerated bio, eco, chem, sdd, 4 maths, Eng, music
It totally depends on the person...

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Heinz
I think they focus more upon your HSC report for the subject you accelled in because this forms part of your final HSC mark which is what theyre after.
hsc report? don't you mean sc report? sc does not affect your hsc mark in any form that i know of... hsc is strictly hsc and not prelim or year 10.

well my logics is that doing any form of acceleration, even if you fail miserably, is still better than doing prelim. for most subjects that i know of, prelim have absolutely no relevance to the hsc course, even if they have you still learn the stuff in the hsc course anyway. the only exception is probaly math...

think of it this way, so what if you fail, you can always repeat it next year and get the chance to do philosophy. it will also help you get a better mark in the hsc if you do the subject twice, you'll learn from the mistake you made and know at least half of the stuff next time around.

but anyways thats what i think... philosophy all the way :)

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
hsc report? don't you mean sc report? sc does not affect your hsc mark in any form that i know of... hsc is strictly hsc and not prelim or year 10.

No, what I meant is that say you do year 11 and at the end of the year you get a preliminary report. But at the same time you accelerate in a HSC subject. So naturally you would also receive a report on how you went in that subject, the HSC report. This is what they would most likely look at. Your mark, your rank compared to everyone else doing the course etc.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Heinz
No, what I meant is that say you do year 11 and at the end of the year you get a preliminary report. But at the same time you accelerate in a HSC subject. So naturally you would also receive a report on how you went in that subject, the HSC report. This is what they would most likely look at. Your mark, your rank compared to everyone else doing the course etc.
oh, sorry i misinterpreted your post Heinz :shy:

but how would they know your hsc report before you accelerated?

how come i never got a hsc report :confused:... damn the school forgot about me

PaleReflection: you have to have belief in yourself. don't think that you are not good enough when you haven't even tried. really its not as hard as you think... its like cheating the hsc :)

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
how come i never got a hsc report :confused:... damn the school forgot about me
So you got no report whatsoever on your HSC subjects? That's odd...

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by nekkid
So you got no report whatsoever on your HSC subjects? That's odd...
ya that is odd. but who cares, i can always check my rank on that studentonline site... umm all this weird messages in red about how i am not satisifying the 10 unit requirement ;)

so how was your report nekkid? for your hsc accelerated subject(s) that is...

tempco

HSC
I did Bio, English Adv and Maths 2U... got 1st, 1st and 2nd for each subject... probably because of the small numbers in my school :D

AGB

HSC
hey who else here got into cosmology????? i got a call a few days ago sayin i got in.....YAY!!! hehe

Huy

HSC
N/A
@AGB: There are 6 pages of posts, many of whom got into Philosophy and Cosmology. :)

AGB

HSC
true.....but who could be bothered to read them.........

if there is anyone generous enough to post AGAIN please do :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
@AGB, I'm bothered to read it, and here's a summary of cosmology in this thread:

- MiKeY did cosmology this year and recommends cosmology.
- kimmeh wants to do cosmology this year and is saddened about not getting cosmology.
- freaking_out recommends cosmology.
- nekkid thinks the cosmology lecture was boring.
- You are aiming for cosmology, and you're also wondering who got into cosmology.
- Heinz also got into cosmology.
- I am reading six pages on cosmology/DC.

There are other distinction course threads, but you can search for yourself. ;)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
I did Bio, English Adv and Maths 2U... got 1st, 1st and 2nd for each subject... probably because of the small numbers in my school :D
damn thats good... and you chosen the right subject not to come first in ;)

you just needed 4 more units to get a uai :eek:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
- kimmeh wants to do cosmology this year and is saddened about not getting cosmology.
lol huy, you know i mean well, but i dont know how to put this in any nicer words :(

NO SHIT

:p sorry !anger all released :D
plus so many people are rubbing it in :( i thought i heard the last of it this arvo. i come online and i see this.. :chainsaw: :) :p

AGB

HSC
how generous of u huy....i had my fingers crossed that u would do that :0:0:0 hehe

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy
- nekkid thinks the cosmology lecture was boring.
gah... you make me sound evil... :p
The cosmology lecture was quite boring though... not really interesting.. just outlining what would happen, but yeh... I slept through it.
Okay, so it wasn't just boring (and definately not evil of you for saying so), but it was 'not really interesting' as well (you might say, it was boring ;)).
Originally posted by AGB
how generous of u huy....i had my fingers crossed that u would do that :0:0:0 hehe
You're very welcome. :)
Originally posted by Huy
Originally posted by kimmeh
i wanna do cosmology !
LOL oh shit i havent got my call yet..:(
far out.. :(
cosmology :(
Forgive me for saying that:
a) You wanted to do cosmology: 'I wanna do cosmology!', and
b) You are saddened about not getting cosmology: 'I haven't got my call yet :( far out :( cosmology :( '

:shy:

tempco

HSC
Huy, I admire your noticeable amount of effort in each and every post you type up.

I mean, they're always perfectly set out... X_x

Huy

HSC
N/A
Huy, I admire your noticeable amount of effort in each and every post you type up.

I mean, they're always perfectly set out... X_x
Thank you nekkid! I make an effort. :)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Forgive me for saying that:
a) You wanted to do cosmology: 'I wanna do cosmology!', and
b) You are saddened about not getting cosmology: 'I haven't got my call yet :( far out :( cosmology :( '
lol sorry huy :p you know i mean well, plus i guess it just came out :(

Huy

HSC
N/A
That's okay kimmeh, I know you mean well. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)