do half yearlies have a major effect on our HSC?? (1 Viewer)

royaaran

HSC
just wandering if our half yearlies make a large difference in our HSC coz i did really shit!! i really hope they dont

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
They are part of your internal assessment, therefore they count towards half of your overall mark.
yeah they help to shape your rank. if you can make up for your half-yearlies in your other assessments esp. your trials then you should be fine.

beck952

HSC
im doing my mid years now and i havent done the preparation i really should have. there are so many people in my year stressing out and its scaring the shit out of me. so its good to know not all is lost in these exams :)

P

pLuvia

It depends what the weighting is for each subject, some could range from 0% to 25% depending on the school

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
yeah my exams all range from 10-30%

luckily english was only 10%

iLLUME

HSC
Whats all this rank stuff mean? like whats the difference between coming first and last etc

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
iLLUME said:
Whats all this rank stuff mean? like whats the difference between coming first and last etc
The Ranks you recieve from your assessments determine your internal mark. This is done through the hsc exams. For example if you come first in say maths in your schools, you be guaranteed the highest mark from whoever achieves it in the hsc exam. If you come last then you will get the lowest mark that someone had achieved for your internal mark.

H

housemouse

Getting first in a subject in your school does not guarantee you get the highest in the end

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
housemouse said:
Getting first in a subject in your school does not guarantee you get the highest in the end
if you come first in a subject then you'll get the highest mark from the candidates who sit that subject from your school for your assessment mark.

Last edited:

Mongke

HSC
i nearly or did fail all my exams in the half yearlies but then ended up increasing my marks by at least 20% when the HSC came around, it was the case with many others in my year too. these are definitly going to be your worst exams, dont worry about it. by the time the HSC comes the half yearlies will be a distant memory.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
if you come first in a subject then you'll get the highest mark from the candidates who sit that subject from your school for your assessment mark.
Exactly what I was thinking when I read that statemate. Getting ranked 1st in a subject is a dream come true!

Come the trials the half-yearlies will be a distant memory each hurdle towards the HSC increases in importance take the half-yearlies as that the first in your exam hurdles.

suchet_i

derka derka
HSC
i finished my halfyearlies last week .. i got bio chemistry back and also got the non-finalised mark for 4unit maths back and i m topping the year in each subject! by the way i go to killara high.. any ways if i keep this up can it affect my uai majorly?

lucy088

HSC
It all really depends on how much each exam is weighted.
For me half yearlies are only 5% of final HSC mark.

adrenaline rush

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06
HSC
I did my English exam today- 3hrs! By the 2hr mark my forearm was burning like crazy; i'm pretty sure everyone botched it. And btw it has a weighting of 0%. The 'higher powers' in our school also came up with the brilliant idea to cram all the exams into this week, thereby I did history extension also today (1 1/2 hrs- 10% weighting). Too much stress and it's not worth it. :mad1:

bassqueen16

HSC
my half yearlies start on wednesday and end next thursday... blegh i think, after reading all these comments, that the majority of ppl dont like the marks they get for half yearlies, i wonder what it is about them that make them suck so hard? i mean seriously they suck mega donkey nads, agree? so why WHY!!! lol as if the HSC exams arent enough :)

starlitwonder

HSC
adrenaline rush said:
I did my English exam today- 3hrs! By the 2hr mark my forearm was burning like crazy; i'm pretty sure everyone botched it. And btw it has a weighting of 0%. :mad1:
How can an exam be worth 0%? why would you even try if it wasnt worth anything?

maggie bea

HSC
um, i think the half yearleys do affect our final marks... i askd my geo teacher 2day n he said they count 2wards 20% of assesment, which all up counts 4 50% 2wards the hsc... or something... so yeh majorly stressing... especially about english n imaginative journeys n bladeruner n brave new world! if ne1 has any advice, it wud b much apreciated... iv nly just started using the BOS website n dont quite get how it works yet...
good luck evry1!

Scarecr0w

HSC
My Half Yearly's go for this Week and Next Week

Had english today.. and spent far to much time on the lower mark questions.. hand was really sore....

Business Tommorow,

Maths Wednesday

Metal Tech Friday

ANd next tuesday.. IPT..

I think i shot myself in the foot for English and Business.. but i reckon maths and the rest will be alright..

Good luck everyone !

tama00

HSC
Had english today, went for 2 hours.
Then i got IPT tommrow
Maths wenesday
English AGAIN:|
ITVET
and finally
software design on monday

I think they should of spread it out more evenly, cause on my school timetable it still says i got 2 days worth to exams, but theres no exams in those days -_-

bboyelement

HSC
half yearlies do count towards hsc but ... major effect ??? dont think so

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)