do you guys take supplements? (1 Viewer)

Rattlehead15

HSC
I take creatine, whey, ashwagandha and pre workout only if I need it.
the whey isnt expensive and ive had it a long time and only use it if i cook a dinner that is like 1000 calories and 5 grams of protein and pre workout only for bench PR.
Creatine is the most expensive purchase id say bc u keep on consistently taking it everyday
I dont take creatine every day, just after workout (I go gym 3-4 times/week). Is that bad?

year10studentpreparin

HSC
I dont take creatine every day, just after workout (I go gym 3-4 times/week). Is that bad?
depends how long u have been creatine because even if you dont take creatine everyday if u have been doing so for weeks or months ur muscles should have been saturated with creatine.
but I still recommend u just take it everyday.
depends how many grams u take as well after each session, do u take 5g or 3?

Rattlehead15

HSC
depends how long u have been creatine because even if you dont take creatine everyday if u have been doing so for weeks or months ur muscles should have been saturated with creatine.
but I still recommend u just take it everyday.
depends how many grams u take as well after each session, do u take 5g or 3?
3g. Idk I just feel like I dont wanna go over the top and take a bunch of supplements, Im quite skinny so I think the biggest thing for me is eating a lot more. And I havent really been taking creatine long enough to show a difference yet, I only switched from normal protein powder to one with creatine like a month ago.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
hm can u give me an idea of what u eat or how many calories you do? no worries if u cant bc i dont track my stuff personalyl but all I know is that I eat a lot and I have made significant progress (others tell me)
No I really can't tell you. I don't track my stuff. But from what I've seen of other people who work out, I eat way less than them.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
3g. Idk I just feel like I dont wanna go over the top and take a bunch of supplements, Im quite skinny so I think the biggest thing for me is eating a lot more. And I havent really been taking creatine long enough to show a difference yet, I only switched from normal protein powder to one with creatine like a month ago.
yeah caloric intake is the most important, 3g of creatine should be enough just keep on with that and focus on eating a lot/clean + resistance training

year10studentpreparin

HSC
No I really can't tell you. I don't track my stuff. But from what I've seen of other people who work out, I eat way less than them.
yeah I dont track my stuff as well but yeah eating a lot more is important for both growth and recovery so I really suggest you do try and double your portions or something.
'What is difficult here is that in order to then gain muscle, your body needs to be at a caloric surplus. This surplus provides the energy your body requires to repair itself and then build muscle mass'

year10studentpreparin

HSC
thats really good u have a protein powder with creatine but yeah just focus on the caloric surplus and if u want to down the line u can get more supplements but creatine and whey Id say are the 2 most important ones and u dont have to get the other ones

year10studentpreparin

HSC
wow that's crazy bruh, did you start off naturally strong or were u skinny?
I started using a 25kg barbell at 14 with other dumbbells as well as just overhead pressing a bunch of other crap including my table.
I was always overweight tho so that helps with the strength, weighed 90kg at 16.

chigurh07

HSC
I started using a 25kg barbell at 14 with other dumbbells as well as just overhead pressing a bunch of other crap including my table.
I was always overweight tho so that helps with the strength, 90kg at 16
Damn that's really impressive, even with good genetics 135kg is insane. How much u squat and dead?

year10studentpreparin

HSC
Damn that's really impressive, even with good genetics 135kg is insane. How much u squat and dead?
Thanks bro :)
I havent tried deadlift personally because of my weak back (I am just making excuses probs lol bc too lazy to learn form) but for squats I am too afraid to do PR or do it for strength but for hypertrophy I do 130kg for 8 usually

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
as someone who doesn't ever go to the gym and only sticks to functional bodyweight movements, what is like a baseline 'minimum' for most regular exercises??? suppose I do go to a gym, what should I be aiming for (for bench, squats, deadlift, etc etc)?? (I weight a bit over 60kg lol)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
as someone who doesn't ever go to the gym and only sticks to functional bodyweight movements, what is like a baseline 'minimum' for most regular exercises??? suppose I do go to a gym, what should I be aiming for (for bench, squats, deadlift, etc etc)?? (I weight a bit over 60kg lol)
just go for runs and buy your own weights if you want
gyms don't make sense to me. if you lift weights, it would be more economical to buy your own and if you run or cycle, just do it outside and do it for free in the fresh air?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)