Do you see yourself marrying outside your race? (1 Viewer)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
sparkl3z said:
argh...mods found an older one.....well i'm in a situation here, i need new opinions!! lol...like i mean has anybody here got family where their parents or their cousins or whatever are happily married to someone from a different country?
Well two of my uncles are Korean and our family doesnt seem to mind because they are great guys and my family is of Vietnamese/Asian decent.

I asked my parents how they'll react if I brought home someone not Asian and they said they wouldnt mind as long as its what I wanted. My parents wouldnt mind honestly but they would prefer someone who they can actually communicate well with.

My other relatives wouldnt mind cause they are based in Australia and America and are fluent in english. They are quite open. My grandparents however.... would possibly disapprove because they wouldnt really understand the world that we live in now.

Last edited:
HSC
sparkl3z said:
Ok...relationships and race has been done...how about marrying outside your race?? Would you do it?
.....I know it'll be a hard thing...culture..religion..family..so on....but are there any good examples around where it has worked out? Like people that have not divorced etc...?
Yes I would. I can see myself marrying a caucasian. Even though I'm Chinese and I do embrace my culture (well parts of it at least), I can't seeing myself marrying another Asian (since they're quite similar to a certain extent). Cultures fascinate me, and although it'll be hard to get used to (like my boyfriend and I sometimes have a bit of clashing of different cultures - different perspective on things etc and I'm already quite aussie for a Chinese lol) it will work out in the end if you really want it to.

But ultimately, it really depends on the person, not the race.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ok ok heres how it goes, iam totally not racist and really i could fall in love with any girl. black/white/asian/ whatever but just going on how my thoughts have been...

when i was young i always thought of marrying a white girl, not that i thought about races then but i just pictured a white girl for some reason

growing up a started to meet alot of different people of different races and i started to question my own feelings. i was usually more attracted to white girls though, that may have been because thats who i predominately knew but i didnt know why. i started to form some prejudices with race, you know like... i am not attracted to black women cause they all look ugly and have a fat ass and bad teeth etc.[ yes i know, i was evil]

as i got older i came accross some people that really broke the stereotype and i started to find the beauty in all the races... like some really hot black girls, some really petite, attractive asians... some indians with gorgeous hair to name a few examples.

today i guess in my mind i still think iam going to marry a white girl but iam no longer hampered by sterotypes so that it could be a greek girl, a russian girl.. hell even an American... and ultimately in the attraction departnment if iam attracted to a girl, get in a relationship etc then theres no reason why we shouldnt marry- no matter what race she is.

now there, thats as truthful as i can get, flame me for my past prejudices if u wish but i just admitted to something that i am still ashamed of... in my credit back then i was young and didnt know many people of different races... iam not a racist person, and with the attraction factor[ which back then i had no say in] was the only thing where i noticed differences in races.

HSC
sparkl3z said:
argh...mods found an older one.....well i'm in a situation here, i need new opinions!! lol...like i mean has anybody here got family where their parents or their cousins or whatever are happily married to someone from a different country?
Why does it matter if anyone does have them? There are plenty of unbroken marriages out there. To be honest, if you both really want it to work it will.

sparkl3z said:
Ok...relationships and race has been done...how about marrying outside your race?? Would you do it?
.....I know it'll be a hard thing...culture..religion..family..so on....but are there any good examples around where it has worked out? Like people that have not divorced etc...?
Yes I would. I can see myself marrying a caucasian. Even though I'm Chinese and I do embrace my culture (well parts of it at least), I can't seeing myself marrying another Asian (since they're quite similar to a certain extent). Cultures fascinate me, and although it'll be hard to get used to (like my boyfriend and I sometimes have a bit of clashing of different cultures - different perspective on things etc and I'm already quite aussie for a Chinese lol) it will work out in the end if you really want it to.

But ultimately, it really depends on the person, not the race.

olchik

HSC
I don't have anything against people of other races, but I would like to marry a person of my race.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
I can easily see myself marrying a non-Asian; in school I never fitted into "Asian" circles because I was born here, and also because I didn't speak any Asian languages...but having said that, when I reach a marrying age, we will all be much more mature, and second languages will probably not be an issue anymore...plus I might even learn one on the way...apart from my planned cache of European languages (Latin I have already, French and Ancient Greek I wish to pick up)...but anyhow, I don't think race should affect my choices that much (unless my parents try to intervene)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
anarchron said:
Biologically, intermarrying is good as it increases genetic variation amongst the offspring.
ahahaha i'm gonna use that one with my parents....when required.

Movie_Guy

HSC
supercharged said:
No. because I'm only interested in fobs.
FOB's are absolute last on my list of preferences. Sure, if I met a FOB that I clicked with OK then it'd be fine. But it's not likely to happen. In general, I find they have ultra-annoying mannerisms (way way way overly cutesy). What makes them so attractive ? The fact that anything will impress them and you can really feel like a man ? Can't handle a real woman ?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
At least people of pacific islander descent don't go around imposing themselves on women, raping, bashing and involving themselves with gangs like Lebanese-Muslims and such. Of all the fob people iv'e met, they're all respectable, kind and religious people.
dont they?
funny that..you can speak on behalf of every race generalising on what ppl do and dont do

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
At least people of pacific islander descent don't go around imposing themselves on women, raping, bashing and involving themselves with gangs like Lebanese-Muslims and such. Of all the fob people iv'e met, they're all respectable, kind and religious people.
You must live in a totally enclosed world made up of nothing buy 0's and 1's right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)