Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Half-Half

Votes: 32 36.4%

• Total voters

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
the workload has gotten to me, but i think i know how to handle it now. this week has been tough, but it should get better...hopefully....

french involves so much work! there's 5 hrs of class then video and listening assignments, grammar, civilisation....argh!

english is really enjoyable atm cos the lecturer, who's also my tutor is really good.

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
30-40? in a tute wtf?
most i have is for maths 15, i have 3ppl in one tute!
labs are pretty big ~60 ppl but u dont notice it because u work in pairs.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by krayziekarnevil
edit: commerce is ok, but law is shit.... so so so fucking shit
Same here. law is just a fuckin wank at the moment. I am actually enjoying the commerce subjects.

Leanne

HSC
well i'm loving uni!! Mind u, i have always been a workaholic and doing all the work on my own doesnt really worry me- i love a challenge!
Uni is just the next big step in my life...i'm glad i'm not getting spoonfed- the real world isnt like that- everyone's on their own in the workforce...or even getting themselves into the workforce...

all u ppl whinging...i really cant believe u! All those doing law and sciences etc...did u really not expect the workload to be huge?? why do you think that such a high uai is necessary??

me on the other hand....my course is just gr8! sure its not the communictions or journalism course that i wanted to get into, but the subjects are all really interesting and the lecturers are really passionate bout their stuff! I think i'm gonna really like it at macq!

Perhaps all u ppl who arent satsified should think about ur future and wat completing the course will do for u in the long run...i bet u'll be happy that u stuck wiv it then! :)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Leanne
all u ppl whinging...i really cant believe u! All those doing law and sciences etc...did u really not expect the workload to be huge?? why do you think that such a high uai is necessary??
um... UAI has absolutely nothing to do with course difficulty, and everything to do with course demand. i would say that things like engineering are probably the hardest courses you could do at uni, yet the UAI's at even the top uni's are like low 70's - low 80's at their highest.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
well i'm loving uni!! Mind u, i have always been a workaholic and doing all the work on my own doesnt really worry me- i love a challenge!
Uni is just the next big step in my life...
same here....!!:) For me , uni is the big step towards my BRIGHT FUTURE!!:D n in my life!!!!

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
i'm surprised how the other first years write everything down in the lectures and to the unnecessary extras.. LOL... they're all busy writing and i'm just there sitting and listening.. LOL...
well we don't know what will be tested, and maybe we want to understand things. and maybe we need good grades to continue with our course and a pass is not good enough

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
well we don't know what will be tested, and maybe we want to understand things. and maybe we need good grades to continue with our course and a pass is not good enough
i think later on you will come to the realisation that a pass is damn good.. and anything above that is even better!!

thanks jezzmo, thats exactly what i mean (BTW i'm a guy!!)... people are writing te slides down word for word missing out what the lecturer has to add...

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i just flicked thru and it seems those out of you out there not liking uni seem to be going to uts/usyd/unsw.. LOL

i was once a usyd'er.. i hated first semester.. but then it grew on me.. now i've trasnfer to macq and i'm liking it!! :p

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
everyone saying business is easy shit
but im finding it hard
not that its hard to understand
but its hard as in u gotta read alot !
and i hate reading
dam i should have done I.T.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
So are you a smiley face?

^___^
HSC
i like uni

but like the pace of things r pretty fast and that they expect u do know something and that if u dunno it already, they dun give a fuck..unlike high school

Leanne

HSC
is anyone who doesnt like uni go to macquarie? Cos so far i havent heard of anyone who isnt satisfied there....

Spin spin, yeah i no that uai has nothing to do with course difficulty.....but wouldnt it be stupid to allow ppl who can only manage a uai of 50 to get into sumthing like medicine? they have to set standards t begin with...and then comes along the course demand....

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
is anyone who doesnt like uni go to macquarie? Cos so far i havent heard of anyone who isnt satisfied there....

Spin spin, yeah i no that uai has nothing to do with course difficulty.....but wouldnt it be stupid to allow ppl who can only manage a uai of 50 to get into sumthing like medicine? they have to set standards t begin with...and then comes along the course demand....
actually, no standards are set in any course except medicine that i know of. probably a portfolio for some art degrees. it's all just down to demand as to what the cut-off is like. do you understand how the cut-off system works? basically they start with the people who got 100 uai's and keep letting people into whatever course until it's full- the lowest uai that is let in then becomes the cut off. for new courses, there is no upper or lower boundary set. it, like everything else, rests solely on demand/who puts it on their preferences.

so yeah... there is no setting of standards to begin with.

Leanne

HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
actually, no standards are set in any course except medicine that i know of. probably a portfolio for some art degrees. it's all just down to demand as to what the cut-off is like. do you understand how the cut-off system works? basically they start with the people who got 100 uai's and keep letting people into whatever course until it's full- the lowest uai that is let in then becomes the cut off. for new courses, there is no upper or lower boundary set. it, like everything else, rests solely on demand/who puts it on their preferences.

so yeah... there is no setting of standards to begin with.
really?? i sort of thought that they would have to.....thats interesting...i apologise for being wrong....

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by ...
hmm..i think aeronautical engineering(space) in usyd has a standard too..hmm..someoen confirm this
they should. if they don't, it's fucked. it really pisses me off how low the UAI's for regular engineering are as well... because they're just going to get a bunch of people who aren't capable. they should have different selection criteria... physics & maths marks or something.
really?? i sort of thought that they would have to.....thats interesting...i apologise for being wrong....
it's a pretty flawed system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)