Votes: 35 39.8%
  • NO

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Half-Half

Votes: 32 36.4%

• Total voters

Leanne

HSC
i'm soo glad i'm at macq! its seems to me that i made the right choice from wat u other ppl have said!

i'm not spoonfed for my subjects....apart from purchasing course notes...i cant get any lecture notes for my subjects until like 2 weeks after the lecture..so if i dont want to get behind, i cant wait for them!

2 weeks have passed and i'm still having a ball! ( apart from the fact that i jst realised today that i have 2 assignments due in 2 weeks and another 2 due in 3 weeks....hmmmmmmmmmm....)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
ahah good lecturers.. melbournian do you have that malaysian guy for micro? he's SO BORING and pronounces words funny.

oh yeah i'm enjoying uni too, i'm heaps interested in all my subjects and even though the workload is started to look more than i anticipated i don't really mind.. just have to adjust to it. my timetable is pretty cruisey and it takes a lot less time to get to uni than it did for me to get to school. also there are so many people on the campus to make friends with. you don't have to worry about having to act a certain way to fit in cos you can just tell randoms to fuck off.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i m enjoying uni....all my subjects r interesting n all my lecturers r good! i have made few fwnds 2!!

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
To add to what sunny has already said..
It's amazing to find ppl who got exorbitant UAI's in high school complain about their crappy marks at uni and whinge that there's essentially not enough spoon-feeding like in high school
My response to that is basically why bother graduating then? with an attitude like that, you wont find at job - simple as that
this is so truee......i have heard ppl saying dat skool was better cos they got all notes n were spoonfed , also some ppl say hsc was better cos they had many resources for hsc n have none for uni!! but then , they have 2 understand the diff b/w uni n skool.....otherwise y bother going 2 uni :rolleyes:

as for me , i think uni is HEAPSS better than HSC....due 2 some special reasons!!!:p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by elizabethy
as for me , i think uni is HEAPSS better than HSC....due 2 some special reasons!!!:p
oh??

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hey minai, a while back in another thread (that i now cant find) we were trying to figure out how to say your name...can you sound it out for me please!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
hey minai, a while back in another thread (that i now cant find) we were trying to figure out how to say your name...can you sound it out for me please!!
lol
its min-eye..but one word..mineye

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
Lol, its funny watching people complain about how you are not spoon fed. It just shows how the HSC, VCE etc. are farked, and give the really high marks people to people who can memorise, rather than independantly research and critically analyse. I am loving uni, college is great, I enjoy all my subjects so far, I have good lecturers, made so many great friends. The only thing that is worrying me is that I'm probably going out a little too much (which is ok now, but it won't be sustainable). With only 1 full day and 2 half days of uni, I still can get involved in the college, study, go to uni, get a job (when I can find one), and sleep.

Also all these people whinging about law, its clear that these are the types who picked it for the wrong reasons.
a) people keep going on about ppl whinging about not being spoonfed?? i don't mind not being spoon fed--- i just hate how much work there is at uni. i'm a lazy shit. and i totally admit that, it's a big flaw. i was never one of the "memorising" types at high school. i dont know about ms 12, but i can't picture her being that type either. i dont know.

b) i haven't had any law subjects yet... believe it or not, im actually really looking forward to being able to have exams and go to lectures which are actually relevant and not just random filler

hey ms 12, i dunno, if you hate uni that much i still think you should consider deferring and maybe get the whole "working" thing out of your system?? you might totally hate work in a year's time.. but you would have earned enough to get youth allowance for the next year which would be handy. i dunno, i'm still considering deferring myself, particularly after meeting sooo many ppl in my course who have and have said its like th best decision theyve ever made :(
i understand what you mean about worrying you'd never go back though... the temptation to just keep earning money and not have to worry with the hassles of classes, assignments etc would be pretty strong!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah, spin spin I agree with the random filler thing. It's not that I don't mind having to learn independantly.... (heck, my chemistry teacher didn't taught me barely a thing in yr 12)... but the course content is so random.... plus there is no real motivation considering it's just pass/fail and there are no exams... its not as if we will really learn most of the stuff because the subjects just jump all over the place.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Yeah, spin spin I agree with the random filler thing. It's not that I don't mind having to learn independantly.... (heck, my chemistry teacher didn't taught me barely a thing in yr 12)... but the course content is so random.... plus there is no real motivation considering it's just pass/fail and there are no exams... its not as if we will really learn most of the stuff because the subjects just jump all over the place.
and its not like the hsc where everything you do has relevance, you know? like our lecture on wednesday for power and change.. its not like theres going to be an exam in a few weeks where we might be asked on the concept of power. so like, it feels as if there's little motivation to learn this stuff... there's only really motivation to do the assessments and ignore everything else. i know thats a bad attitude, but i guess i'm getting used to the whole irrelevant lecture thing?? and we don't study anything in depth... its all really surface stuff

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah I totally agree. I thought that power and change would be a politics subject instead of some random mix of politics, history and cultural studies. I'd rather study political science than the hotch-potch subject of p&c in aust. And I'd rather have a subject that could be examined rather than a subject which is just so darn vague they couldn't even write an exam for it in my opinion.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i have exams starting in 2 weeks, so i have to start learning soon.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
lol
its min-eye..but one word..mineye
ok good. when i first started at bos, i pronounced it "mi-na-i" (japanese) coz i assumed from your then-avatar that your nick was japanese :D
but after a while i just said min-ai :p

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by redslert
the only think that i don't like about uni right now is the fact that there are so many people smarter than me! :(

lol it's depressing
Lol!! Yeah when i'm in a big lecture i feel that i'm surrounded by very smart people and i don't really belong there.

But i'm finding that it's probably a wrong perception. Like in lectures i feel stupid and that everyones smarter than me, but in the smaller tutorials, being in a smaller group (like school) the people seem to be more on my level. Maybe its being in a large group that we automatically feel dumber because we are in a way intimidated and not use to large learning groups. Anyone else found that?

Forgive me if i'm rambling on. :/

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I am loving uni still. UWS is great, no matter what anyone says. My course is great, cause its exactly what i wanted to do, even the 2 hour traveling time isn't bothering me anymore. I love having to work by yourself, cause then you don't have people always using your work and getting higher marks than you, like during the hsc.

My course is easy and the workload isn't that much. Which i really enjoy. Hopefully it will stay like this. lol. I know that it won't.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by natstar
Well im hating Economics at the miment which is really the only part of uni i dont like, sep for having to do speaches in 2 of my classess, and i got one due on Tuesday that i still need to do and i cant be bothered. Agghhh. Anyway eco is hard and i dont understand it, all those charts and curves are bullshit
lol, im like that in biology, its a whole diff language, and i dont speak it.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Cape
I love having to work by yourself, cause then you don't have people always using your work and getting higher marks than you, like during the hsc.

True that...people during HSC are very much interested in distracting others :rolleyes:

~Dreamer

HSC
hmm... im in the same boat as everyone, i dont so much hate uni, i like my course, dislike some of hte lecturers for their arrogance, the time of my chem prac (6-9pm on tuesdays) and living away from home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)