Does anyone else think we could all get a UAI of 100? (1 Viewer)

golfpro

HSC
N/A
But we just never reach our full potential?

Like i reckon if we all reached our full potential we would get a UAI of 100, obviously to reach that potential we would have to have no lives but you get the idea haha.

i reckon none of us works hard enough, except for the select few who do and then can show it in their results and marks.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i think you need that 'something extra' to get a UAI of 100.

That 'something' could be almost anything, though, like determination, motivation, willingness to put school before social life, just more intelligence or a combination of all of these (and more) things.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
golfpro said:

Like i reckon if we all reached our full potential we would get a UAI of 100, obviously to reach that potential we would have to have no lives but you get the idea haha.

i reckon none of us works hard enough, except for the select few who do and then can show it in their results and marks.
haha..
hmm..
well if u dont get ur 100UAI this time round, u can always repeat for the 2nd time.
or the 3rd...

by then perhaps.. try pathways.

Goodluck..
i personally am attemptingto lower my aspirationsssss..
to say...
95+

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
No I don't think so. It just isn't possible for everyone for a number of reasons; their ability, school, homelife, subjects etc etc.

Just because you don't get 99 or 100 doesn't mean you haven't worked to your full potential.

undalay

HSC
golfpro said:

not all people that gain 100 uai have no lives.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
someone made a very valid point-

UAI is a rank, not a mark..
it wouldbe impossible for us to 'ALL GET A UAI OF 100'

Eddyah

HSC
nichhhole said:

not impossible, improbable ;)
we'd all have to pick the same subjects and get the same hsc mark...but what are the chances :p

I personally think that the people who do get 100 are those gifted kids who've had tutoring since they were in yr5. Or those that do the hsc again. I think i'll score high 90's if i pick up my slack...not ranked first in anything and my english mark looks like a lotto number...

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
nichhhole said:

It's possible in theory. If everyone did the same subjects, handed in blank assignments all year and agreed upon the exact same answer for the HSC exam (so basically everyone answers the first multiple choice question with a) and then leaves rest blank) everyone would get the same mark.

Of course it's slightly more difficult in practice.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It's possible in theory. If everyone did the same subjects, handed in blank assignments all year and agreed upon the exact same answer for the HSC exam (so basically everyone answers the first multiple choice question with a) and then leaves rest blank) everyone would get the same mark.

Of course it's slightly more difficult in practice.
...But would that mark be 100?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
bringbackshred said:
...But would that mark be 100?
The UAI is a rank. If everyone is equal then technically everyone is equal first... so it should be 100 right? Although I'm sure the Board of Studies would find a way to give everyone 0 because it would just annoy them so much.

morganforrest

HSC
We must arrange a massive conspiracy to shit off the BoS for stealing 13 years of our life....

....or not

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
The UAI is a rank. If everyone is equal then technically everyone is equal first... so it should be 100 right? Although I'm sure the Board of Studies would find a way to give everyone 0 because it would just annoy them so much.
That was my point.. It would probably damn well be zero because everyone gave blank assessments etc.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
bringbackshred said:
That was my point.. It would probably damn well be zero because everyone gave blank assessments etc.
The HSC mark would probably be 0, but the people who come first get a UAI of 100. If everyone comes equal first everyone should get a UAI of 100.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
The HSC mark would probably be 0, but the people who come first get a UAI of 100. If everyone comes equal first everyone should get a UAI of 100.
But they also come last.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
bringbackshred said:
But they also come last.
That is true. But don't they allocated UAI's starting at 100 and then going down. In that case everyone would get 100. If they started at the lowest and went up everyone would get 0.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
That is true. But don't they allocated UAI's starting at 100 and then going down. In that case everyone would get 100. If they started at the lowest and went up everyone would get 0.
Yeah. It's like Deal or No Deal. You get everything or nothing.

HSC
Back to the original question: Nah, I don't think it's possible. Everyone has different potentials.

Lol, that would be cool if everyone came first and last. I don't think the Board of Studies would be happy at all. :p
bringbackshred said:
Yeah. It's like Deal or No Deal. You get everything or nothing.
Andrew O'Keefe's awesome. :eek:

wce06

HSC
Unfortunately though, even if everyone did get 100 (putting aside the idea that it's a rank...) it would be worthless in terms of uni entry, 'prestige' etc. It's only something to aspire to because such a small percentage can actually get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)