Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I once posted in this thread, went back and soft-deleted those posts; however, while passing this church in the city, I noticed this:
God Hates Religion
Outside, on the church's thingy-boards.

I just thought, in itself, it's cutsie. xD

I don't have a thing to offer on religion or God; I don't want to share anything personal, ktnx.

Hey yeah I saw that sign too! But outside a church in chatswood... I'm not sure its a Catholic church though. Those signs always make me lol.

XPac2

HSC
I dont think god exists. No good god would curse us with people like Boris or Epicfailguy. That's more of a satanistic religion's god.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont think god exists. No good god would curse us with people like Boris or Epicfailguy. That's more of a satanistic religion's god.
Hey xpac GTFO and stop annoying us with your shit posts okthxbye.

hey whatashotbyseve I still can't read your username right :haha:

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Not on mine. Well tbh I usually read things on the computer screen so it was all mushed up into what is hot by eve.

now that I look clearly its all good.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
ELLIE
I had... an experience. I can't
prove it. I can't even explain it.
All I can tell you is that
everything I know as a human being,
everything I am -- tells me that it
was real.

The room grows quiet.

ELLIE
(softly)
I was given something wonderful.
Something that changed me. A vision
of the universe that made it
overwhelmingly clear just how tiny
and insignificant -- and at the same
time how rare and precious we all
are. A vision... that tells us we
belong to something greater than
ourselves... that we're not -- that
none of us -- is alone.

JOSS

Moved beyond words.

ELLIE

looks lovingly at Palmer... then shifts her gaze to
Michael Kitz. Softly:

ELLIE
I wish I could share it. I wish
everyone, if only for a moment --
could feel that sense of awe, and
humility... and hope. That
continues to be my wish.
<3<3

Annoying, emotive , utterly embarrassing crap...
Shush. No one wants your opinion on the subject.

No, no, no, no, no, no.

I suggest you take back what you just said.
+9000

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
ok. im not religious. never have been and there are far to many inconsistencies and ridiculous rules for me to ever really consider it. however i am spiritual and yes i do beleive that god exists. those of you who quote i don't beleive in religions to say you don't beleive in god are ridiculous. it is not a set thing. you do not need god to have religion (buddhism) nor do you need religion to find god. how can you look at the world and not beleive in a driving force of spirituality. recent advances in physics go into the fact that a huge source of energy created the universe, the source of all life was energy. personally i beleive that this source of energy was nonhe other than god.
Fail. Energy source =/= proof of God.
g0 8ak 2 sk00l d00d.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I just found this inscribed on my necklace charm of Mary

O Mary concieved swithout sin Pray for us who have recourse to thee

Please explain?

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I was going to recommend a trip to the local OPSM if you couldn't, madam.

I think males are more likely to understand who Seve is, maybe it makes it easier for them?
I already wear glasses :( haha

I'm guessing, from your avatar that he is a golfer? Hows the picking up chicks at the racecourse going for you?

MJ-47

HSC
This is a quote I got from a book entitled "Innocence of Heresy" which i think is a bit relevant to some of the issues addressed and some of you will appreciate.

ahem....
"Great actions have shaped our society...but religion has damned our kind for thousands of years, from the lowest superstition to the highest conclaves of spiritual faith. It has driven us to madness, to war, to murder and commit some of the most socially injust things that we as people accept as custom today. It hangs upon us like a disease, like a shackle ball.
Since the earliest of times humanity has striven to understand the workings of the cosmos, and where that understanding has failed, or fallen short, we have filled in the gaps, plastered over the discrepancies, with blind faith. Why does the sun go round the sky? I dont know, so i will attribute this to the efforts of a sun god with a golden chariot. Why do people die? I cant say, but I will choose to believeit is the murky business of a reaper who carries souls to some afterworld.
Religous faith. Belief in daemons, belief in spirits, belief in an afterlife and all other trappings of a preternatural existance, simply existed to make us all more comfortable and content in the face of a measureless cosmos. They were sops, bolsters for the soul, crutches for intellect, prayers and lucky charms to help us through the darkness. But now as we are beginning to unravel the fabric of reality, we must realise there is no longer a place for gods, and by extension no use for daemons, devils and spirits. Now the greatest thing mankind can do to shape their society, is to reinvent itself as a seculure culture."

so make of this what you will... :)

HSC
N/A
Islam proves god exists because Muhammad spoke to the Gabriel angel in a cave. This is a fundamental fact which places Islam above all other religions.

greekgun

HSC
Islam proves god exists because Muhammad spoke to the Gabriel angel in a cave. This is a fundamental fact which places Islam above all other religions.
Prove that Muhammad spoke to Gabriel.
And stating that Islam is above all other religion is fairly arrogant of u.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Flesh and the Devil

Rosaries
The Catholic church is the only religious denomination to demand that its priests abstain totally from sex (there are two exceptions: Anglican converts to catholicism who are married may become priests, as may married men in the in the Catholic churches of Eastern Europe and the Middle East – but even in these groups, men may not marry after becoming priests).

Now, amid hundreds of accusations of child abuse and with fewer and fewer men choosing to join the priesthood, the church is in crisis. A seminary in Ireland which 40 years ago had more than 500 students preparing to join the church now has only eight; since 1960, across the world, 200,000 priests have renounced their vows. Is this because the vow of celibacy is simply impossible to maintain? And does enforced abstinence warp minds and drive men to abuse children?

Painful substitute

Other religions may see celibacy as an ideal state but only Catholicism holds it as an imperative. Its origins lie in Sinai, in St Catherine’s, the oldest monastery in the world that dates back 1,800 years. The early Christians who founded that community saw sex as polluting so they removed the monks from their families and from all forms of human love, and whipped, burned and starved their bodies to drive out the sexual feelings.

Today’s neuroscientists say that the brain is programmed for reproduction so if a person has no sexual outlet, the body’s need must be rechannelled into some other form. In Mediaeval Europe, whole populations would whip themselves in the streets. Today in the Philippines, people commemorate Christ’s suffering by causing themselves extreme pain – even to the extent of hammering nails through their hands – and in the process give themselves visionary experiences.

The biology is quite well understood. Pain makes the body produce opiates which can lead to ecstatic states. Sexual psychologist Dorothy Hayden sees a clear connection between Christianity and sado-masochistic sex. Both require a reduction in the ego – submission, either to God or a sexual dominator, a surrender of the self, total trust and a willingness to lose control.

Married to God

Images of Christ in ecclesastical art represent notions of physical beauty through the ages. Nuns like Marie Cecile, a member of the Sisters of the Visitation, a Canadian closed order, say that God is their only love, and that he is worthy of all their attention. Such communities are shrinking in the West (Catholics call it ‘the bleeding’) but the draw of female celibacy is still strong in poorer countries. Roumania, for instance, has more than 200 Orthodox Christian convents. They offer food, shelter and sanctuary to their residents, who wear black in this world because they believe that their wedding night will be in heaven.

The power and the glory

Sexual lapses have always been a fact of monastic life, and for some 1,000 years, a debate raged about whether priests, as well as monks, should be celibate. The church itself has a great deal to gain from the celibacy of its priesthood since, if they have no children, the church inherits their wealth.

The downside for the institution, in this more liberated age, is that with revelations of sexual abuse, the previously hidden pain and betrayal must now be compensated, which is why the church faces legal settlements of many millions of pounds. It also faces the recurring exposure of its complicity in crimes and its hypocrisy in covering up the sexual activity of its priests, monks and nuns, whether that was with consenting adults or abused children.
ill actually watch the doco and tell you mulligrubbers how it does

HSC
N/A
Prove that Muhammad spoke to Gabriel.
And stating that Islam is above all other religion is fairly arrogant of u.
you prove to me he didn't speak to the angel. You are the undeniable enemy of Islam. the true beacon of ignorance. truth is shown to you through the quran yet you still look away.
the Quran proves Allah is the true god.
you prove he isnt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)