Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
HSC=/=LIFE said:
I'm not going to post in this thread with you idiots but I will say something and hope it changes your opinion. How can you have a serious discussion about G-d if you you don't take G-d seriously?
By "take God seriously" I'm going to assume you mean by believing in him, because that's what it sounds like, correct me if I have misinterpreted. How can we have a serious discussion on this topic if you expect that all the participants are going to believe in God? That's a ridiculous assumption to make and pretty much defeats the purpose of talking about it.

We're here to debate whether a God exists. Some of us do not believe there is one. Some of us do. We're trying to convince each other of our respective viewpoints as logically as we can (well, some of us are). You can't say we're not taking it seriously.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Anyway, I'm off to make dinner for my family. I'll make sure to season it with evil like the idiot non believer I am.

Don't go down the emytaylor path dude, it never ends well.

X

xeuyrawp

If anyone's actually interested in hearing intellectual theism properly advocated, I can definitely recommend that you come to this. John Lennox is a great speaker, and unlike unlike Dawkins et al, Michael Shermer is really a fantastic person to hear on atheism.

lemonOFdoom

HSC
if God DOES exist, where does he exist?

inb4 different dimension; leave science out of this =P

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
PwarYuex said:
If anyone's actually interested in hearing intellectual theism properly advocated, I can definitely recommend that you come to this. John Lennox is a great speaker, and unlike unlike Dawkins et al, Michael Shermer is really a fantastic person to hear on atheism.
I'm already going, can again say Michael Shermer's a pretty good speaker. As for your ragging on dawkins, people can check out how he debated against Lennox before... He's fine. http://www.dawkinslennoxdebate.com/

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Enteebee said:
BEFORE time?
Sorry - I missed your post before, didn't mean to ignore it.

That's the point, I think, there is no before time. You can't ask what created God if there's really the same amount of theories and speculation on what created the beginning of the universe.

Enteebee said:
I'm already going, can again say Michael Shermer's a pretty good speaker.
Brill', I'll see you there. :)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
pwaryuex said:
That's the point, I think, there is no before time. You can't ask what created God if there's really the same amount of theories and speculation on what created the beginning of the universe.
But the point is why would you evoke a god for something that can happen without one? If you're going to say God created the universe, then upon being asked what created him you say something along the lines of what I said... the question then becomes, well... why do we need God? The importance of the creation argument is to claim that everything created requires a creator, our creator is said to be God, there is indeed an 'out' for God to get around the problem of creation requiring a creator however the problem for the creationist is that there is also an out for someone with a naturalistic explanation of the universe.

Brill', I'll see you there.
PERHAPS! BTW having watched his debate against dawkins a while ago I don't expect to be impressed by this bastion of theist intellectualism, have you actually heard him speak?

Last edited:

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
There is no god.

There never has been a god

There never will be a god

Religeon is rubbish

Humans came to earth via Gorillas, lol

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Enteebee said:
Perhaps our best bet when asked whether you believe in god would be to respond "what god?" since I think we both agree there are some conceptions of God which are truly beyond our ability to have a worthwhile argument against and there are others which we can satisfactorily say we don't think exist. I guess the question is usually "Do you believe in any God?" but this seems an almost pointless question to answer given the particularly abstract nature of the concept.
In a playful mood I might answer 'Mu'.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
HSC=/=LIFE said:
Ofcourse G-d exists. Where do you think all this beautiful universe comes from? You think everything came from science? Well the brightest scientist in the world Albert Einstein said "science without religion is lame"
Oh really?

In a letter to Eric Gutkind in 1954 Einstein said: "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."[58] In the same letter, Einstein rejected the idea that the Jews are God's chosen people: "For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."[58]
Based on my PM exchange with you, I'm convinced you're a troll. Probably Captain Gh3y's.

X

xeuyrawp

Enteebee said:
PERHAPS! BTW having watched his debate against dawkins a while ago I don't expect to be impressed by this bastion of theist intellectualism, have you actually heard him speak?
Dawkins doesn't debate, imo. He talks and writes in that fucking little antagonistic tone. Such a smart-ass, and never seems to be interested in discussion so much as persuasion. If Dan Brown had a gay child with that insolent little brat we all had in our year (the small one that everyone hated because they were so fucking insolent and whiney), it would be Dawkins. He should stick to biology and leave it at that. /whinge.

With regards to John - I like him? Maybe he was having an off day...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
imo people don't like him because they know he's right and don't like it :D
Haha. I think a lot of agnostics get offended by him for some reason. [citation needed]

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Does God exist?

tommykins said:
Please refer to the thread title - Does God exist?

How can we take him seriously if we don't even know if he exists or not?
well it depends on what you believe i guess, i personally take him seriously, be cause i believe he exists

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: Does God exist?

want2bdifferent said:
well it depends on what you believe i guess, i personally take him seriously, be cause i believe he exists
Obviously.

But the discussion at hand is whether God exists or not, I'd love to hear your point of view as to why you think God exists, without it becoming a "itz 2 personal u wudnt understand".

Really, I'd love to know why you think he exists, but presented in such ways that I can intensively research and discover for myself the ultimate "truth".

ie.(leave faith out of it)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Does God exist?

Genesis 1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

X

xeuyrawp

Captain Gh3y said:
imo people don't like him because they know he's right and don't like it :D
Ooh I'm so glad you can read everybody's mind. Please, share more of your clairvoyance with us? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)