Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

hsb39

HSC
Enteebee said:
Well... not really. If there's absolutely no way for us to confirm whether something exists then to talk about the probability of it actually existing seems an utterly meaningless exercise.. I mean, what's the likelihood that there exists unicorns which we can't detect? Under my view of the world at least, it isn't 50/50, to try to discern anything about the nature or the possibility of something which exists outside of our knowable reality is to engage in pointlessness.
If you were to randomly guess whether unicorns exist or not it is 50/50. And if you were to randomly guess whether a diety, dieties or something else spiritual existed or not, it is 50/50. But I don't really think that this is about random guessing rather than educated guessing, and I think that different people say different statistics on the probability of a God existing. I think, for example that there is a rather small possibility, but a possibility none the less.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
katie tully said:
So if you accept that disease is a consequence of man disobeying God, why do you care if a heap of children get AIDS?

Infact, it seems paradoxical that you would want to bother becoming a doctor, given what you believe.
You are taking the Adam and Eve story to literally, broaden your thoughts beyond a story and ask yourself how it can relate metaphorically to each and every persons life. The story is not about disease being a consequence of disobeying God, rather a factor in life inputted to test our belief and faith. Nobody can explain the reason and need for this test of faith, if we did it wouldn't be much of a test of faith..

Choose to believe in nothing and your life has no meaning, the moment you stop questioning and having an open mind is the moment you've given up on God and your own life.

hsb39

HSC
ekoolish said:
Choose to believe in nothing and your life has no meaning, the moment you stop questioning and having an open mind is the moment you've given up on God and your own life.
I'm sorry but that is rather offensive, you can say that according to your belief I won't go to heaven. But my life has plenty of meaning and my beliefs have nothing to do with that.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
hsb39 said:
I'm sorry but that is rather offensive, you can say that according to your belief I won't go to heaven. But my life has plenty of meaning and my beliefs have nothing to do with that.
And what beliefs do you have if you don't believe in any God whatsoever? Please do try and list them because every belief comes back to a supernatural power.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
ekoolish said:
And what beliefs do you have if you don't believe in any God whatsoever? Please do try and list them because every belief comes back to a supernatural power.
Lol.

I believe in life, in science (as much as that can be believed in), truth, knowledge, love, the universe, the human race...

What in that requires a supernatural being?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
ekoolish said:
You're an ignorant jerk.
I'd bet that you're one of those people who think that atheists have no morals and no purpose. That we spend our lives in selfish excess, as we have nothing higher to aim for.
Guess what: You're wrong.
Get used to it too, cos this most certainly won't be the last time you are.

By the way, your signature is idiotic.
What's the point in living life if you don't even enjoy it by having fun? You're wasting God's gift to you. He won't be happy.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Kwayera said:
Lol.

I believe in life, in science (as much as that can be believed in), truth, knowledge, love, the universe, the human race...

What in that requires a supernatural being?
Well each one u listed does actually...lol

Firstly Life was created by a supernatural power, science is a bi-product of human creation, truth stems form humans, humans contain knowledge, love is an action of humans, the universe wasn't spontaneously generated hence a supernatural, the human race is a creation of a supernatural being. Btw some of the things you listed are hardly beliefs. A belief in the human race? Anyways i guess everyone is open to their own beliefs but if you don't have any don't bother posting...

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
moll. said:
You're an ignorant jerk.
I'd bet that you're one of those people who think that atheists have no morals and no purpose. That we spend our lives in selfish excess, as we have nothing higher to aim for.
Guess what: You're wrong.
Get used to it too, cos this most certainly won't be the last time you are.

By the way, your signature is idiotic.
What's the point in living life if you don't even enjoy it by having fun? You're wasting God's gift to you. He won't be happy.
Hmm personal attacks, very mature...

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
ekoolish said:
Well each one u listed does actually...lol

Firstly Life was created by a supernatural power,
No.
science is a bi-product of human creation,
Well, that's partly true. But what it describes is NOT supernatural.
truth stems form humans,
Uh, no? And besides, humans definitely != supernatural.
humans contain knowledge,
So do other animals.
love is an action of humans,
And other animals, and still not supernatural.
the universe wasn't spontaneously generated hence a supernatural,
No.
the human race is a creation of a supernatural being.
No.
Btw some of the things you listed are hardly beliefs. A belief in the human race? Anyways i guess everyone is open to their own beliefs but if you don't have any don't bother posting...
They're beliefs just as yours, but far more credible.

You believe that some omnipotent "thing" somehow "created" everything, for no purpose, and with no proof. :rolleyes:

shaon0

HSC
Kwayera said:
No.

So do other animals.

No.

No.

You believe that some omnipotent "thing" somehow "created" everything, for no purpose, and with no proof. :rolleyes:
Whats their to be skeptical about?

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Kwayera said:
No.

So do other animals.

No.

No.

Each statement i made relates to another maybe you're not able to recognise that, i'm not sure. Nevertheless your baseless 'No' answers outline your ignorance.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
ekoolish said:
Each statement i made relates to another maybe you're not able to recognise that, i'm not sure. Nevertheless your baseless 'No' answers outline your ignorance.
You made statements that absolutely cannot stand up to scrutiny (and often by definition). Hence, "no".

shaon0

HSC
Kwayera said:
You made statements that absolutely cannot stand up to scrutiny (and often by definition). Hence, "no".
Why don't you believe in God or the supernatural? There has to be something other than this life

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
shaon0 said:
Why don't you believe in God or the supernatural? There has to be something other than this life
I never have believed it. I don't believe in the tooth fairy or vampires; why would I believe in any god?

I think this life is quite enough. If you always spend it waiting for something else, will you live it to its fullest?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
kooza said:
Oh really? Do you really appreciate this life, thinking that paradise is only after it?

Case in point: "There has to be something other than this life." There isn't, and you scorn the amazing thing it is by demanding otherwise.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
ekoolish said:
Hmm personal attacks, very mature...
Cute.
But you failed to answer both queries. Let me repeat them:
Do you honestly think that atheists are immoral and without purpose?
And do you honestly believe that your signature is true?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)