Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters
HSC
N/A
hinduism is fascinating.

but then again 'God' could always be a hermaphrodite. makes sense.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
lol the idea of attaching a concept such as 'gender' to a being which no one knows anything about, which exists in what is obviously a reality quite foreign to anything we can even imagine.... sigh.....

krishna32

HSC
true, cause god isn't a 'living thing'. So he/she may not have a gender at all, which makes sense cause god doesn't need to reproduce.

HSC
N/A
Paulo Coelho examines female divinity in the Witch of Portobello and how it is very likely for 'God' to be a female due to human instinct usually focusing on one's stomach and how ones action work in correspondence to it. In fact many pagan rituals and ancient civilisations focused on the navel as a source of energy- the navel being a source of life, origin, attraction and symbolism.
But this 'navel' does not just refer to our own body but to the whole constructions world wide. The Temple of Apollo at delphi had a marble stone called the 'navel'- similar to the conic symbol in Petra. They catalyse on the axis of the earth and the importance of femininity- seen through ancient cultures..i.e. the gypsies worshipping a female saint or the initiation of belly dancing (before Christ) which all emphasise on the link between origin and female divinity.

therefore God being a woman is very very likely.

Mumma

HSC
Josip Broz Tito said:
therefore God being a woman is very very likely.
as likely as a transexual donkey being voted in as president of the united states

HSC
Often, John 3:16 is quoted as what Christianity is all about.

I wonder how many have looked just past it, to John 3:18, which gives one strong reason why I don't believe in the Christian god.

hsb39

HSC
Mumma said:
as likely as a transexual donkey being voted in as president of the united states
It's just as likely as a male divinity. "The Father" in the Bible is metaphorical of him (supposed) to be the ideal father character, caring etc. It actually has no reference to gender.

If there is a God, a being of perfection, I seriously doubt that it will have any gender.

HSC
:party:

I believe God exists.

To me, He's everything and everyone.

He's all there is.

Hence:

''I AM WHAT I AM''. [without the illusion of time]

God is the air i breathe and the person i face.
He's also the girl i stare at in the mirror and the guy i find cute on the street.
Yeh, He's my life, basically. Because, I choose to believe in Him.

Read 'Conversations with God'- ull get my drift...

:music:

xtcy

HSC
gingerwitch28 said:
I don't think so. I've never been given any reason to think He/She/It does.
god created the universe
the earth we live on. :shy:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
krishna32 said:
It's like an exam. The markers know the answer, but you have free will to write whatever you want. They aren't going to come and tell you what to do. So, it you do something bad in life, it's not that god doesn't know about it, he/she waits until the 'exam' is over and then marks it.
Exams we can study for, look for. Exams measure our intelligence for an OBSERVABLE purpose (ie. getting a UAI, you're 100% sure this exam will be contirbuting to your UAI).

How is 'God's' exam relevant?

How do you know the answers to these exams?

AFAIK - believe in jesus/god/repent = 100% get into heaven.
well-moraled atheist = 0%

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
PwarYuex said:
That's pretty idiotic. Disbelieving in god because you hate religion is really not an argument at all.
no actually it makes sense...i dont believe it exists but i also dont believe in 95% of "gods" values...

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
mcflystargirl said:
yes i believe she is some women in the sky, that sends everyone to heaven when they die and the world will be destroyed.

i also think that science is a form of brainwashing and that the scientific community is a bunch of liars
i also r dun believing in talking real proper like

I'm so over you trolls :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)