Does God Exist? (2 Viewers)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
dark_angel said:
"If the Lord Allah lives only in the mosque, then to whom does the rest of the world belong? …The God of the Hindus lives in the southern lands, and the God of the Muslims lives in the west. So search in your heart - look deep into your heart of hearts; this is the home and the place where God lives." (Bhagat Kabir, pg. 1349)

btw wat complete moron said this.............allah is everywhere and this is repeated 3 million times in the koran........muslim god lives in the west? wat ?does he prefer the climate there or something ? allah is everywhere and sees everything........he dosent live in a nice house in the west.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
dark_angel said:
ok show me where, cos i have no idea what islam is about

tell me from the website where it says the relationship between humanity and roles

and i'm not talking about u, i'm talking about terrorist ppl

heres the website that i got the quotes from:

http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/browse.html

actually evn that site isnt too accurate...........it said that one of the chapters is called "the dining table"................wtf? there is no chapter called the dining table in the koran..........so ill have to look through the book and get back to u.......enjoy ur night out :p

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
ok ppl..........this is a muslim womens site....its the best really.....this is directed at u btw dark angel on the page it says "177 ayahs about women in the koran"......read that if u want...........anyway if u have queries abt women in islam this site has everything.......

http://admin.muslimsonline.com/~huma/sisters/

edit; actually looking at it again (i havent done so in awhile)......its really a good site to answer ppl's questions..........alot of ppl question y we were viels on or heads..........why men can marry 4 women and women cant marry 4 men.......y are women (apparently) oppressed in islam...........do u have the right to beat ur wife and under wat conditions.......stuff like that.

Last edited:

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
joujou_84 said:
ok ppl..........this is a muslim womens site....its the best really.....this is directed at u btw dark angel on the page it says "177 ayahs about women in the koran"......read that if u want...........anyway if u have queries abt women in islam this site has everything.......

http://admin.muslimsonline.com/~huma/sisters/

edit; actually looking at it again (i havent done so in awhile)......its really a good site to answer ppl's questions..........alot of ppl question y we were viels on or heads..........why men can marry 4 women and women cant marry 4 men.......y are women (apparently) oppressed in islam...........do u have the right to beat ur wife and under wat conditions.......stuff like that.

ok...another question, y do u guys fast?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I really have created a monster with this thread

All this bible talk is completely irrelevant! Please stop using the Bible to justify God's existence!

superbird

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:

All this bible talk is completely irrelevant! Please stop using the Bible to justify God's existence!
You really are a fool. Hell thats like me saying STOP USING DARWIN'S THEORY OF EVOLUTION AND THE BIG BANG THEORY TO JUSTIFY THAT GOD DOES NOT EXIST.

superbird

HSC
like darwin's theory of evolution the Bible was also compiled by humans. The Bible is also continuely tested today (an example would be this thread). I don't see how your statement justifies why the Bible should be excluded from this discussion.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
superbird said:
You really are a fool. Hell thats like me saying STOP USING DARWIN'S THEORY OF EVOLUTION AND THE BIG BANG THEORY TO JUSTIFY THAT GOD DOES NOT EXIST.
I am a fool? Do a search on google: logic

Originally Posted by MoonlightSonata:
Stop using the Bible!

[Anyone frustrated with Bible-quoters can quote this passage to stop people from irrelevantly talking about the Bible to show the existence of God] --

You cannot use the Bible to prove the existence of God. To do so is a fallacy called begging the question, or similarly, circular reasoning. It is this:

1. The Bible says God exists
2. How do we trust the Bible?
3. Because it is from the word of God, etc
4. How do we trust that it is the word of God?
5. The Bible says so
--
6. How do we trust the Bible?
7. Because it is from the word of God, etc
8. How do we trust that it is the word of God?
9. The Bible says so
10. How do we trust the Bible?
11. Because it is from the word of God, etc
12. How do we trust that it is the word of God?
13. The Bible says so
14. How do we trust the Bible?
15. Because it is from the word of God, etc
16. How do we trust that it is the word of God?
17. The Bible says so

ETC -- Circular reasoning. So believers, please stop using the Bible. Thankyou

--

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we, the murderers of all murderers, console ourselves? That which was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet possessed has bled to death under our knives - who will wipe this blood off us? With what water could we purify ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must not we ourselves become gods simply to seem worth of it? There has never been a greater deed - and whoever shall be born after us, for the sake of this deed he shall be part of a higher history than all history hitherto."

- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900); from "The Gay Science", 1882.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:

uhhhh well if u havent noticed i think we kind of moved on from that subject.......:)......until i get back to u on that previous post.

Last edited:

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
dark_angel said:
ok...another question, y do u guys fast?

fasting is medically proven to be very good for u.

"Fasting is surgery without a knife. It allows nature and her healing power to take control of our being and do her cleansing and repair work. Fasting is a medical procedure, restoring homeostasis, strengthening the immune system and healing many illnesses"

also

"during fasting your body experiences detoxification (a cleansing), the body's enzyme pool is reloaded (which accelerates fat burning and toning, as well as creating an anti-aging effect), insulin drops and is stabilised (efficient metabolism of carbs and fats), glucagon increases ( a fat-burning hormone), the GH increases (tissue repair)."

therefore fasting is very good for u.........god dosent make u do anything that is bad for u.........also it allows u to experience what famine stricken ppl go through.....perhaps so u can thank god for wat u have instead of always taking it for granted.

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
Did you know that during fasting, Muslims cannot hit other people unless its for self-defense?

Once we find aliens with super-nano technology, its enough evidence to stop the majority of christians to stop believing in the bible, because of the discovery of another life-form with playstation 10s and their own religion.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Believers will stop using the Bible, Koran, Tenach etc. when non-believers will stop questioning it and saying that its contradictions mean that religion is wrong. Most people in here, including myself earlier and joujou_84 were merely talking about the texts because others were saying how passages contradict so we were explaining various interpretations and others were just interested in knowing various things. I am willing to stop talking about the bible if everyone else stops talking about it, but while discussion continues its pretty hard to stop. I dont think at any time did joujou_84 say the koran proved God's existence, he was just defending his religion as people started quoting contradictions and such

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
no because the theory of evolution etc was discovered by humans, is being tested etc....
The bible is merely a book with stories =/
I dont think the Bible is merely a book of stories. In many cases it has detailed a number of phenomena that were not realised by science until many years after, some even scientific

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
TimeAndTide said:
Did you know that during fasting, Muslims cannot hit other people unless its for self-defense?

Once we find aliens with super-nano technology, its enough evidence to stop the majority of christians to stop believing in the bible, because of the discovery of another life-form with playstation 10s and their own religion.
did u know that during ALL months of the year a muslim can not hit other people unless in self defence........

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
did u know that during ALL months of the year a muslim can not hit other people unless in self defence........
Yes its called ethical and moral behaviour

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
acmilan said:
Yes its called ethical and moral behaviour
yeh i dont know wat he meant by that comment..........its as though islam tells ppl to murder and butcher the innocent during the year then take a break for ramadan............(and before someone attacks me some verses in the koran say to kill the disbelievers, however as i mentioned b4 the koran was written during a period of great hostility against islam and if ppl of others religions began to slaughter ur family or try to destroy ur religion then yes u have the right to kill them......however only in self defence.........u are prohibited from attacking first).....

someone im not sure where decided to use the situation in iraq as evidence of what a violent religion islam is......obviously if u believe that there is a religion out there which tells u to kill innocent people (which btw has millions of followers) then u are a ignorant moron.......these ppl beheading civilians are fanatic and have made up their own little religion......they take what they want from the koran....actually just like what some of u are doing.....picking out lines...thats wat they do......they ignore the rest. however the innocent civilians attacking american soldiers are acting in self defence and have every right to do what their doing under islamic law.

LibbyBeaz

HSC
in the end everything comes back to that mysterious 'figure', we call God/Allah/Buddha, etc... even non-believers hav something they look to, and we cant prove everyhing by science. religion is basically there to answer the un-answerble questions. (example):unless someone can prove wat REALLY happened before the big bang, then really ur stuck and a higher power did create what we now live in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)