Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

osk

HSC
I'd just like to ask.....those of you who support evolution.....what is your stance on the racism father of evolution Charles Darwin includes in his work. Evolution teaches the doctrine of survival of the fittest - implying there are "savage" races and civilised races. These are Darwin's own words:

"At some future period (Darwin writes), not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes ... will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest Allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilized state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as the baboon, instead of as now between the Negro or Australian and the gorilla." (Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man 2nd ed (New York: A. L. Burt Co., I 874), p. 178).

It is a much less known fact that Darwin was also a sexist, believing that the Human female is much inferior to the male in terms of intellectual capacity. This Darwin believed to be because males, having a more active role that female, subsequently were more exposed to the 'survival of the fittest scanario' - eg, fighting off other men etc. Darwin believes that the pressures placed upon males result in a process by which the less intelligent specimens do not survive. Since females generally had a less active role, they were not exposed to this "cleansing process" and subsequently suffered intellectually. Darwin even went so far as state that male and female humans today should be classified in two separate psychological species - males as homo frontalis and females as homo parietalis.

What do u guys think of this?

superbird

HSC
a little off-track here but it still relates to evolution but is it true that eventually women will turn out to be the superior gender with males eventually becoming extinct?

kelboo

HSC
superbird said:
a little off-track here but it still relates to evolution but is it true that eventually women will turn out to be the superior gender with males eventually becoming extinct?

HAHAH I heard that too.

As much as I like being superior and all, it would kinda suck having no guys around :(
Plus you need a male and a female to make more little humans. We wouldn't last all that much longer if the males disappeared!!! :eek:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well that research is debateable.

In any case eventually (with some degree of accuracy and minimising errors) you would be able to create new people by combnining the genes of two women.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
We have the power to control natural evolution now with our cultural evolution, which is super fast compared to natural one, so if the first of a chain of super women arises im sure cultural evolution will allow it to be stopped.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
There is a right and wrong answer but what i think superbird meant is that we dont know, and possibly will never know the right answer

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
There is a right and wrong answer but what i think superbird meant is that we dont know, and possibly will never know the right answer
Right

Then the right position to take is that of agnosticism.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well actually we would only know if there is a god when we die if there isn't we can't show it. Of course there could be a god which isn't the Christian god and rewards questioning and punishes belief in false gods then Atheists/Agnostics win (assuming they don't punish those that believe there is no god).

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
Well actually we would only know if there is a god when we die if there isn't we can't show it. Of course there could be a god which isn't the Christian god and rewards questioning and punishes belief in false gods then Atheists/Agnostics win (assuming they don't punish those that believe there is no god).
o happy day...

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Xayma said:
but athiests dont believe in god therefore there is no "god which will reward athiests for not believing".........

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
No the idea is that there could be a god which rewards questioning, or punishes belief in false gods (believing no god exists I think would fall somewhere inbetween).

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Xayma said:
No the idea is that there could be a god which rewards questioning, or punishes belief in false gods (believing no god exists I think would fall somewhere inbetween).
god should reward questioning...........it is very ignorant of a person to blindly follow a religion or even believe in god only coz their parents believe din god..........also dont most religions condem other religions for believing in false gods.........however this comes when u name a particular god.......if u believe in god in general.....and dont limit him or give him names or an identity then i dont see how ur following a false god.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)