Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think it's quite possible that in the beginning whichever origin judaism, christianity & islam has is kinda the same which is rather interesting... something very interesting must have happened around that time. (perhaps just the publication of the bible), i really wish i could peak back in time :(

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
superbird said:
he rejected christian views by having the audacity to declare the bible as "fake" and full of "fictional" characters.
i would argue that rebutting is rejecting
look ur saying the bible is a religious book..........now others before u have admitted that not all of it is historical or scientifically correct........if one single word from a religious book is wrong then the whole book can be doubted and it becomes a source with no credibilty...it is not meant to be a fictional book. it is meant to be the words of god. if u claim one word of it is wrong then ur saying god has faults. if a god has faults then he is not worthy of worhsipping.

osk

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes there are, and there have been those who have used religion to do great things... charities etc.

However i believe that those nice people would of been nice, set up the charities without a religion. And those bad people would of been bad, killed people without a religion.
Id like to ask you this....who determines whether these people are bad or good.....you? do you speak for all of society? surely other people may have different concepts of what good or bad is..........I ask you then.....by what universal standard are you basing your perception of good and bad?

If the Bible is meaningless......why do people still follow its moral code? Seriously....if you remove the Bible or any other moral code.......what is stopping society from making up its own laws about what is good or bad?......if people are not accountable to a God...why do they worry about making obeying the law....why are peopel worried about manintaining a fair and 'good' legal system........id evolution is true...and this world is truly a case of survival of the fittest...why are people worrying about impeding this process by law or anything like that?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Good or bad is determined by the situation and different times/socities/cultures, there is no universal understanding... but people who don't believe in god still have morals, i feel that morals can best be explained in a more humanist way... (although i disagree with them.)

People are worried about being 'good' and 'fair' because of mortal punishments. People wether they be theists or atheists are living in a mortal life right now, and we like our society. Most people don't want people to kill others, they just don't want it.

superbird

HSC
joujou_84 said:
look ur saying the bible is a religious book..........now others before u have admitted that not all of it is historical or scientifically correct........if one single word from a religious book is wrong then the whole book can be doubted and it becomes a source with no credibilty...it is not meant to be a fictional book. it is meant to be the words of god. if u claim one word of it is wrong then ur saying god has faults. if a god has faults then he is not worthy of worhsipping.
i am christian and admit that the bible may not be historically or scientifically correct. however, the accounts made between the men who wrote the gospels or any other part of the Bible for that matter are still pretty close in terms of accuracy. i dont believe that because the Bible may contain the one or two faults (really there are only very few) that God is therefore not worthy of being worshipped.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
superbird said:
i am christian and admit that the bible may not be historically or scientifically correct. however, the accounts made between the men who wrote the gospels or any other part of the Bible for that matter are still pretty close in terms of accuracy. i dont believe that because the Bible may contain the one or two faults (really there are only very few) that God is therefore not worthy of being worshipped.
the bible was written by people? the religious book u base ur life on was written by a human?

osk

HSC
joujou_84 said:
Absolutely!! That's why I cannot agree with people who pick and choose what they want to believe int he Bible....its either all of it...or none of it....

superbird

HSC
joujou_84 said:
the bible was written by people? the religious book u base ur life on was written by a human?
written by HUMANS (not just a human) and yes there is a difference. neways i refuse to let somebody like you question my beliefs. disproove the bible if you may if it makes you feel better but you have no right to question why i choose to believe.

osk

HSC
joujou_84 said:
Was not the Koran physically written down by muhammad, a human? We believe the same as you....that the people writing the holy texts were not writing of their own accord.......you say that Muhammad was instructed by Gabriel...we say that that Bible writiers were instructed by the Holy Spirit of God.

In the end....is the way by which we believe our respective books to be the Word of God any different?

superbird

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
....very few?
are you sure you've checked out the faults in the bible that people have found?
101 faults as opposed to 90,000 or so accurate accounts. that to me is very few

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
osk said:
Was not the Koran physically written down by muhammad, a human? We believe the same as you....that the people writing the holy texts were not writing of their own accord.......you say that Muhammad was instructed by Gabriel...we say that that Bible writiers were instructed by the Holy Spirit of God.

In the end....is the way by which we believe our respective books to be the Word of God any different?
no they were gods words, written by god and send down to mohammad by gabriel, not one word was written by mohammad. he is a human. he has no authority to write a religious book that tells me how to run my life.....

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
if there were that many faults in the theory of evolution you would probably toss it away as nothing.
I doubt there's 90,000 or so accurate accounts.... even genesis is faulted.

osk

HSC
Not-That-Bright

People are worried about being 'good' and 'fair' because of mortal punishments. People wether they be theists or atheists are living in a mortal life right now, and we like our society. Most people don't want people to kill others, they just don't want it
So r u saying that the only thing keeping us from acting in a 'good' way is the law? U sed that people have a moral code that is based on their culture and social context........do you really not believe that humans have a distinct notion of what is good or bad....why is is it as you say...that most people do not want to kill??

superbird

HSC
joujou_84 said:
there should be none mate..............ur basing ur life on this book.
wtf. im not basing my life on this book. who told you that? i base my life on the belief i have for God. You are obviously confused and lost. for starters you assume or Christians are fundamentalists or evangelicals who believe the Bible word for word and take it literally. That is clearly not the case and anybody with half a brain would know that there are many different variants within religions.
Believing in God does not mean you have to believe everything the Bible says. And lets get that straight.

osk

HSC
joujou_84 said:
no they were gods words, written by god and send down to mohammad by gabriel, not one word was written by mohammad. he is a human. he has no authority to write a religious book that tells me how to run my life.....
then what gives fallible humans the right to replicate the Koran?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)