Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

osk

HSC
Kwayera said:
Yes, there is, at the moment, tentative evidence that there was once a man who lived that was called Jesus of Nazareth, aka Jesus Christ. There's also evidence that there was and old man who lived and then died (as a sacrifice, apparently) - that doesn't make him any 'Son of God'.

And yes, I realise that was a flimsy statement, but only in response to a flimsy argument.
IF you had a look...there is actually much secular evidence validating the Bible......it seems that people are all too often not prepared to even consider it as an historical source because of preconceptions

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
acmilan said:
As i said, theres no evidence Jesus did what is believed, but im simply trying to make the point that Christianity is not solely based on the Bible
But is is! You use other 'sources' to 'support' your 'evidence', but the Christian faith is ENTIRELY based upon the Bible.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
osk said:
IF you had a look...there is actually much secular evidence validating the Bible......it seems that people are all too often not prepared to even consider it as an historical source because of preconceptions
I never said it wasn't a historical source - I simply said it couldn't be used as evidence for faith. Actually, the Bible can be a very good historical source - when it's describing things that actually happened as opposed to things that it's writers WANTED to happen, in corcordance with the Christian faith.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
osk said:
oh? there's alot of secular evidence supporting the existance of bigfoot, the lochness monster, etc etc.

If the bible was a scientific theory, you would dismiss it.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
osk said:
No i dnt believe it has errors...I believe it can be misinterpreted and taken out of context
1 Chron. 16:30 and Ps. 93:1 state that the Earth is immobile, yet it not only revolves and orbits the sun, but it is also influenced by the gravitational pull of other bodies.

No, no errors at all....

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
osk said:
No i dnt believe it has errors...I believe it can be misinterpreted and taken out of context

Type in "Koran contradictions" on the google search engine and im sure ull find many sites claiming to have errors.........comeone man.....u know that anyone can twist stuff around to make it sound wrong
ok yeh i did that......however reading the contradictions i found some pathetic excuses for contradictions (and btw theyre not contradictions theyve been taken out of different chapters which talk abt different things and compared). even me with my limited knowledge can explain these. anyway so i get wat ur saying, cant disgaree with it and i agree that when the bible first came down it was genuine and authentic however i do believe it has been changed since then

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
dark_angel said:
lol, supposedly

but y did he give preference to jesus?
Don't ask me. Maybe it was because his mother was a 'virgin' and God was the, you know, FATHER. In a way. Hmm.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Kwayera said:
But is is! You use other 'sources' to 'support' your 'evidence', but the Christian faith is ENTIRELY based upon the Bible.
Unless you are fundamentalist... it isnt. As i have stated numbers of times human reason also plays a vital role as well as guidance. As i have also stated there are variations in Christians, you cannot say anything is definitely Christian other then the belief in Jesus.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
oh? there's alot of secular evidence supporting the existance of bigfoot, the lochness monster, etc etc.

If the bible was a scientific theory, you would dismiss it.

hahahahhahaahah u crack me up ;)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
1 Chron. 16:30 and Ps. 93:1 state that the Earth is immobile, yet it not only revolves and orbits the sun, but it is also influenced by the gravitational pull of other bodies.

No, no errors at all....
Then again, this was back when they believed that the Earth was flat - you can't reallt blame them. :rolleyes:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
The Bible says several things that you probably don't believe:

Slavery is acceptable. [Skeptic's Annotated Bible, n.d.]
You should kill your child if he strikes you. [Ex. 21:15]
If you work on Sunday, you should be put to death. [Ex. 35:2-3]
If you curse, you should be stoned to death. [Lev. 24:14-15]
Happiness is smashing children upon the rocks. [Psalms 137:9]
Women should be subjugated by their husbands. [1 Pet. 3:1-7]

etc.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
osk said:
LOL......this is the first entire day ive spent at home since the HSC........gee this arguing is tiresome work.........u guys wouldnt like to take a break for coffee?

Are you arabic Jou Jou....if u are....I have to say I LOVE arabic coffee
uh no im not........do u like swiss chocolate?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Genesis... there are plants before there is sunlight...

DT 6:5, MT 22:37, MK 12:30, LK 10:27 Love God.
DT 6:13, PS 33:8, 34:9, 111:10, 115:13, 128:1, 147:11, PR 8:13, 16:6, 19:23, 22:4, IS 8:13, LK 12:5, 1PE 2:17 Fear God.
1JN 4:18 There is no fear in love.

PR 30:5 Every word of God proves true.
1KI 22:23, 2CH 18:22, JE 4:10, JE 20:7, EZ 14:9 God deceives some of the prophets.
JE 8:8 The scribes falsify the word.
2TH 2:11-12 God deceives the wicked (to be able to condemn them).

GE 1:3-5, 14-19 There was light ("night and day") before there was a sun. (Note: If there were no sun, there would be no night or day. Also, light from the newly created heavenly bodies seems to have reached the earth instantaneously though it now takes thousands or millions of years.)

GE 6:15 The size of Noah's Ark was such that there would be about one and a half cubic feet for each pair of the 2,000,000 to 5,000,000 species to be taken aboard.

GE 32:24-30 God takes part in a wrestling match. He wins by injuring Jacob's hip.

Last edited:

osk

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:

No, no errors at all....
If you did a bit of reasearch ud realise that these are metaphorical descriptions and that words like 'earth' and 'world' are often used to describe the human race

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
superbird said:
written by HUMANS (not just a human) and yes there is a difference. neways i refuse to let somebody like you question my beliefs. disproove the bible if you may if it makes you feel better but you have no right to question why i choose to believe.
If you arent prepared to justify what you believe, what are you doing in this thread?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
osk said:
If you did a bit of reasearch ud realise that these are metaphorical descriptions and that words like 'earth' and 'world' are often used to describe the human race
This is also evident in things such as revelation, which was written as a source of faith in a time where Christians were persecuted. For example, 666, now stereotypically the devils number, was used as a symbol to refer to their persecutors. Whenever 'four' was mentioned, it referred to Christians from all four corners uniting etc. The symbols were used to fool non-Christians so they had no idea what was being written. I find revelation the most interesting of all books.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
If you arent prepared to justify what you believe, what are you doing in this thread?

hey y do i have 11 reputation points, do ppl hate me or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)