Does it matter what school you go to? (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
braz777 said:
no it dosent matter what school u go 2!!! look at my school we only have 150 in my high school department and last year all the yr 12 go early entry 2 7 different uni's so it realy dosent matter in the end.
No. Sorry, your wrong.
It does matter.
See how you cant spell?
This tells us that you are lying about yourself and your school.
Cause obviously you all failed teh HSC.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
mr_brightside said:
No. Sorry, your wrong.
It does matter.
See how you cant spell?
This tells us that you are lying about yourself and your school.
Cause obviously you all failed teh HSC.
lawl. pwned?

and silvermoon, can't be bothered reading your whole post, but i think i got the general ide; in which I agree with.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
In theory your school (or choice of subjects) should not affect your UAI. If you're outright 1st in your school, regardless of where you are you will get an internal mark equal to your HSC mark, so being dragged down by your school is irrelevant. However, if you got beaten by someone at your school, then it doesn't look promosing unless the person is very good.

silvermoon said:
our top mark was 99.99 and we had 6 others who got in the 99.9+ range.
Remember, UAI comes in 0.05 increments. So 99.99 is impossible.

silvermoon said:
so just imagine the results from ... the private colleges like Kings.
It would be pretty shit actually.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
Remember, UAI comes in 0.05 increments. So 99.99 is impossible.
not in the 99.9+ range actually. and, i should know, the girl who got it was my best friend.

bookie: ...actually, i just can't be bothered arguing with ignorant and defensive imbeciles, so I think I'll just leave your post. Seeing as you haven't even left high school, your opinion on these matters is basically irrelevant: you haven't had the experiences that those people older than you have.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
silvermoon said:
not in the 99.9+ range actually. and, i should know, the girl who got it [99.99] was my best friend.
I'm sorry, but you're very misinformed.

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
silvermoon said:
bookie: ...actually, i just can't be bothered arguing with ignorant and defensive imbeciles, so I think I'll just leave your post. Seeing as you haven't even left high school, your opinion on these matters is basically irrelevant: you haven't had the experiences that those people older than you have.
Ironic, Ms "my friend got 99.99".

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
my history extention class is combined with there one and the teacher was telling us that she only used notes she got from class. she never used study guides or even had a tutor and ended up doing so well which is pretty amazing.
She was also offered a place in a selective school but declined

Morganwi

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
my history extention class is combined with there one and the teacher was telling us that she only used notes she got from class. she never used study guides or even had a tutor and ended up doing so well which is pretty amazing.

Dude she lied to you. She got a pink slip.

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
Sue went to my school and she gave a speech at the opening mass and stuff where they made a real big deal about it. She said she only used the notes she made in class and that if you pay attention in class and such then you should do well as long as you have a good teacher. That said the teacher she did have for Ancient is awesome. I unfortunately don't have him as my teacher for Ancient.

Another thing is she according to her Modern teacher(who is the extension history teacher) would write practice essays for every subject and hand them in to her teachers for marking....and she would hand them in every week. And that was all her own initiative. And another thing is apparently after coming out of her Modern exam or something she told her modern teacher that she didn't think she did well in one bit because she only wrote 13 pages or something. My modern class was like Woah!

I think yes it would depend on which school you go to whether you would do well in the HSC or not but only really in whether you have decent teachers or not that you can understand. If you can't understand your teachers or they don't teach you what you need to know then i would probably change schools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)