does ur school rank really affect ur mark? (1 Viewer)

HSC
how the hell do u get in a selective school anyway? i tried heaps n they keep refusing me even though my report is all straight As.

HSC
well doesnt it seem like the BOS is trying to keep all the low -ranking schools low ranked foreva? i mean there r teachers in my school who got like UAIs of 35 n who nevah did the SC or HSC( even though they've beeen living in australia there entire lives). why does the BOS always allocate shit teachers to low ranked schools? n y do they always remove all the good teachers?

HSC
my dad's daily quote:

" Your uncle's daughter is an doctor. Your aunt's son is an engineer and all you are is an embarrassment to my reputation."

HSC
dp624 said:
No myth. Environment is such a big factor it isnt' funny
easy for u to say. dont u go to jrahs? i remembah seeing a thread earlier which said something like u guys cheated cause u got to do stage 6 stuff in stage 5.

HSC
education in australia seems to be based more on luck than study. i mean like all the high acheivers dont even anticipate their results are.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
higher rank school (as in "betters schools")= lower risk
e.g. u come first internally, even if u screw up, u'd still get a decent internal mark

lower rank school=high risk
e.g. u come first, u still cant relax, u have to do well in the HSC

also, environment as other people have said...

but for me, i think going to better school is making me waste too much time on maths just to maintain my rank and i think this is costing me in other subjects but thats just me

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
OP should really stop blaming NSW education for his presumably poor results.

It is quite fair even though it can get fairer. However, nothing is perfect and I am happy with the ways in which the BOS is doing things atm.

lionking1191

HSC
digimonstudent said:
education in australia seems to be based more on luck than study. i mean like all the high acheivers dont even anticipate their results are.
why is it that underprivileged or struggling people always find soemthing to blame? whether it be the system, luck, karma god or muslims, the problem is never with themselves.

dp624

HSC
no dude, most people at good schools who think they'll do well do do well

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
digimonstudent said:
did u think u were gonna get 100 in ur UAI?
No, he didn't think. It was already given that he would get 100 UAI. He is the chosen one.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
digimonstudent said:
n want am i? the chosen dumb one?
Don't put yourself down. You certainly are not. You have to earn the title of the "chosee one" to get 100 UAI. To do that, hard work, luck and little of talent is necessary. :)

Trust me, everything is within your grasp. You just have to extend yourself to grab it...but the extent to which you stretch yourself entirely depends on you.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
lyounamu said:
No, he didn't think. It was already given that he would get 100 UAI. He is the chosen one.
Has the oracle predicted any other chosen ones on BOS?

littleVampire

HSC
okay dude, ur theory "can" be true, but in my opinion it is highly unlikely. lets just ignore if u find the internal or external challenging or not, or estimate uai, cos these things r highly subjective. think this way, equality in education is a highly valued by the public in australia. if such thing is indeed true, it can easily be leaked out (the involvement in both hsc and sc involves thousands of people, if that is not enough, every year new people comes in). this will be HUGE news for both media and propaganda for election. the bos and government will get completely owned. Besides there is no big incentives for government to do this (at least not any that is worth these risks)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
annabackwards said:
Has the oracle predicted any other chosen ones on BOS?
Hm...yeah, I can feel some of people's growing aura of brilliance for 2009 HSC.

It's not too distant...:)

HSC
littleVampire said:
okay dude, ur theory "can" be true, but in my opinion it is highly unlikely. lets just ignore if u find the internal or external challenging or not, or estimate uai, cos these things r highly subjective. think this way, equality in education is a highly valued by the public in australia. if such thing is indeed true, it can easily be leaked out (the involvement in both hsc and sc involves thousands of people, if that is not enough, every year new people comes in). this will be HUGE news for both media and propaganda for election. the bos and government will get completely owned. Besides there is no big incentives for government to do this (at least not any that is worth these risks)
hmmmm......maybe every1s getting bribed to shut their mouths.

ever had the notion that the government intends to keep most of the public encapsulated in imprudency?

lionking1191

HSC
digimonstudent said:
hmmmm......maybe every1s getting bribed to shut their mouths.

ever had the notion that the government intends to keep most of the public encapsulated in imprudency?
encapsulated in imprudency? that doens't make sense :)

people do tend to form conspiracy theories for just about everything tho.. eg. the millions of versions of what 'really happened' to JFK

HSC
lionking1191 said:
encapsulated in imprudency? that doens't make sense :)

people do tend to form conspiracy theories for just about everything tho.. eg. the millions of versions of what 'really happened' to JFK
hey my question is a poetic verse. its figurative so literally it can not make sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)