• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

DotA (1 Viewer)

uman1234

HSC
The new DotA map is more balanced I reckon, everything is spaced out more equally on both sides. i.e the World Tree and The Frozen Throne are in the same position if you kinda mirror it. (no more pushing for World Tree at bottom easily any more :p).

The new heroes are kinda ridiculous tho, Admiral Proudmoore with his super splash attack is stupid (try vsing him as a small ranged int/agi hero) and Windrunner with her arrow that binds them to a tree.

But overall, I Believe..

Its nerf time for the new heroes :)

Aznmichael92

HSC
is there only 2 new heroes or 3? Cause it says there are 93 heroes but the last version i played said there was 90...

uman1234

HSC
I'm pretty certain there is only 2 new heroes and 4 new items. Btw a new patch for DotA, 6.55b is out. Hopefully they fixed the bug where Chen doesn't revive lol.

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
New heroes need a good nerfing.
Any one here play on Garena (GG Client) ????

Aznmichael92

HSC
the first time i looked at windrunner i thought she was an agility hero. I only glanced at her so didnt pay attention at all. Cause i thought an archer most likely be agility hero so I went bought lots of agility items turned out to be that she is an Intelligence hero. WAAAAAAA

u-borat

Banned
HSC
still what you want is damage items on her, she's a DPS hero.

bracers+phase boots, then orchid malovence then mkb/buriza imo.

Aznmichael92

HSC
u-borat said:
still what you want is damage items on her, she's a DPS hero.

bracers+phase boots, then orchid malovence then mkb/buriza imo.
i only started dota like a few weeks and still dont get a few terms. Wat is DPS?

wat i get is like power tread, butterfly, mkb buriza and others

u-borat

Banned
HSC
dps=damage per second hero, the point of her is to do as much damage as possible in as short a time as possible.

butterfly's not that great, she already has evasion with her 3rd skill and attack speed with her 4th speed, and the damage boost aint that great.

treads are optional with phase boots, you need a malovalence in order to spam your spells plus it gives good damage bonus and then mkb/buriza.

Aznmichael92

HSC
u-borat said:
dps=damage per second hero, the point of her is to do as much damage as possible in as short a time as possible.

butterfly's not that great, she already has evasion with her 3rd skill and attack speed with her 4th speed, and the damage boost aint that great.

treads are optional with phase boots, you need a malovalence in order to spam your spells plus it gives good damage bonus and then mkb/buriza.
oh thank you very much :D

So butterfly is not a really good item to get?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yup pretty much.

i dont like lothars on any hero, its way too easily countered by wards/gems and now the new dust too. its agility/damage bonuses are poor and its not worth it.
treads/bkb/mkb is good

uman1234

HSC
Well depends on what heroes you are vsing, yes wards, dust and gem reveal your location but lothars edge is still very handy. You still have the advantage of having stealth, improved move speed when active and damage bonuses while the other team has to waste money on wards/gems/dust. If your smart, don't rely on lothars. Carry a tp around, or combine it with phase boots to run very fast. Heroes that have a shackle or aoe stun, give you the hint its not a good idea to get lothars, however heroes with stun missiles are ok, as if you lothars at the correct time, it misses :)

As for butterfly, it is firstly not a bad item (its one of the strongest items in the game), but it is situational for any hero, and is one of the hardest items to farm.
e.g Good situations to get bfly
-if there team is built around physical dps
-if you are agility without an evasion skill, and want easy damage/speed increase
-if you like evasion
-if you have lots of money (farmed well/killed lots of heroes)
-if they have a basher hero
-if your anti-mage
-etc

Bad situations to get bfly
-if you keep getting killed
-if its a team of spell casters (unless your a agility mage killer, am ^_^)
-if your phatom assassin (don't do it, isn't worth it)

Overall, every item is actually quite situational, I mean you wouldn't get a bkb if they had no spellcasters, or mkb if you had a mini-stun/stun.

Aznmichael92

HSC
uman1234 said:
Well depends on what heroes you are vsing, yes wards, dust and gem reveal your location but lothars edge is still very handy. You still have the advantage of having stealth, improved move speed when active and damage bonuses while the other team has to waste money on wards/gems/dust. If your smart, don't rely on lothars. Carry a tp around, or combine it with phase boots to run very fast. Heroes that have a shackle or aoe stun, give you the hint its not a good idea to get lothars, however heroes with stun missiles are ok, as if you lothars at the correct time, it misses :)

As for butterfly, it is firstly not a bad item (its one of the strongest items in the game), but it is situational for any hero, and is one of the hardest items to farm.
-if you are agility without an evasion skill, and want easy damage/speed increase
-if you like evasion
-if your anti-mage
-etc

Overall, every item is actually quite situational, I mean you wouldn't get a bkb if they had no spellcasters, or mkb if you had a mini-stun/stun.
ty for the great advice :D

u-borat

Banned
HSC
uman1234 said:

-if you like evasion
-if your anti-mage
-etc

na man, bkb got nerfed for a reason and its cos too many heroes were abusing it. and not so much to defend against spellcasters, but rather, sven, broodmaster, all sorts of strength heroes with armlet, and all sorts of intel heroes with channeling (leshrac and crystal maiden etc) were using it to get the maximum out of their spells (god's strength, broodmother's imba ulti etc)
its not only to counter spell damage, its also a precaution so that you can maximise your own abilites.

edit

i can think of possibly one hero who could possibly get lothar's edge, and that's drow ranger. it gives her an escape mechanism plus it synerges perfectly with silence/slow/extreme damage.

Aznmichael92

HSC
i dont know but it could be cause I am a noob. Drow ranger seems sorta weak at start but gets really powerful at like lvl 10+

u-borat

Banned
HSC
properly farmedup drow can be a real force in a battle with a loooong silence, slow and a fuckload of damage

uman1234

HSC
Yeah, it is unbelievable how much plus damage Drow ranger gets from true shot aura. If you just have boots and/or lothars edge/wraith bands x2, its still a whooping amount of plus damage. Also Drow's ultimate ability gives extra agility now (used to be a percentage chance of one shotting a creep), meaning even more damage and attack speed. So a properly farmed drow will easily hit +100 damage by lvl 11 and about 200-300 around lvl 20, but a non farmed Drow can hit about 60-70% of the same damage output as a farmed one. Well it isn't hard to farm with Drow as you have massive damage early-late game.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
drow is shit in clan wars, too easily ganked.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yeah she has shit strength and unless you have godly speed to get off a quick silence, you're uber fucked in about 1 second flat.

better carries outt there like nevermore. similar damage output but greater survivability and a useful nuke in team battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)