Economics- HSC Essay predictions 2015 (1 Viewer)

iStudent

HSC
i highly doubt this will be asked tbh; income inequality was assessed last year
It is possible. Income inequality in topic 3 and inequality (in topic 1?) are slightly different topics.

It might just be one of those curveball questions that bostes likes to use. (but if you've prepared for all the topics mentioned already I think you should be set since you have 2 options each essay).
Always account for the in your face curveball questions :)

milkytea99

HSC
i highly doubt this will be asked tbh; income inequality was assessed last year
I have a feeling there'll be another stand alone topic 3 question again. Cuz 2013 was unemployment, 2014 was inflation, so I'm guessing this year might have eco growth on it's own (CSSA 2015) or external stability on its own (Independent 2015: causes and effects)???????

FlameLash

HSC
I have a feeling there'll be another stand alone topic 3 question again. Cuz 2013 was unemployment, 2014 was inflation, so I'm guessing this year might have eco growth on it's own (CSSA 2015) or external stability on its own (Independent 2015: causes and effects)???????
Well I'm almost certain there's either going to be an external stability or CAD question. Economic growth seems likely but unemployment is also relatively likely too.

atargainz

HSC
Since exchange rates and CAD/ext stability/BOP questions are pretty likely, what are the chances that they're gonna put it in separate sections (since they both deal with similar stuff like external accounts). I'm most comfortable with those two followed by macro policies.

FlameLash

HSC
Since exchange rates and CAD/ext stability/BOP questions are pretty likely, what are the chances that they're gonna put it in separate sections (since they both deal with similar stuff like external accounts). I'm most comfortable with those two followed by macro policies.
It is reasonably probable. Both are somewhat common stimulus questions and with the strong probability of a macro question, which almost always is stimulus-based, they do have a likelihood of being separated.

genodeg

HSC
N/A
Pretty unlikely to occur in separate sections. Considering the fact that exchange rates are literally a component of external stability it would be more likely to choose between the two or even have a single question incorporating both.

genodeg

HSC
N/A
do you guys reckon they read this and change the questions?

Nah some dude Peter Kennedy predicted an essay last year and he's called external stability this year- they didn't change it last year when he got it so I doubt they would this time let alone from a thread on a forum

aanthnnyyy

HSC
do you guys reckon they read this and change the questions?
By the time Drifts predictions are up the HSC is already written. I'm pretty sure they are written around April when we got our timetables and no change happens after that. I could be wrong and they could be done b4 trials but ye everything is final.

That's why if say there was a GFC that hit tomorrow we wouldn't be so screwed not to talk bout it

milkytea99

HSC
By the time Drifts predictions are up the HSC is already written. I'm pretty sure they are written around April when we got our timetables and no change happens after that. I could be wrong and they could be done b4 trials but ye everything is final.

That's why if say there was a GFC that hit tomorrow we wouldn't be so screwed not to talk bout it
+1 our teacher told us that they write the paper around in April, May ish??? So they wouldn't change it anyway haha

milkytea99

HSC
Nah some dude Peter Kennedy predicted an essay last year and he's called external stability this year- they didn't change it last year when he got it so I doubt they would this time let alone from a thread on a forum
So the dude you're talking about, he predicted a stand alone essay for external stability?

milkytea99

HSC
This just me realise i made a mistake. It should be "Macroeconomic policies addressing economic issues"

In regards to providing questions, i'm not going to spoonfeed anyone here, all the questions are accessible on the BOS website via the past papers.
I don't think labour market will come out this year as well yeah

genodeg

HSC
N/A
So the dude you're talking about, he predicted a stand alone essay for external stability?
Nah I think it was more of a light suggestion. ie. you're likely to see it in extended response somewhere, perhaps an exstab/exchange rates question

atargainz

HSC
cant see it coz i don't have fb lol

but do u mind tldr'ing what did they say for SA and essays?
Yep no worries,
Short answers:
Globalisation, Microeconomic reform, inflation, monetary policy, exchange rates (possibly)

Essay:
- Fiscal policy on eco growth and unemployment
- Exchange rate, impact of a sustained depreciation
- CAD/BOP/Ext Stability, cause and effects
- Globalisation/Free Trade, impact on Aus economy, more likely to be on free trade
- International organisations and their role in globalisation (possible)

He gives pretty legit and extensive reasonings for all of these, and they're pretty similar to Drifting, just more specified.

teridax

HSC
N/A
Yep no worries,
Short answers:
Globalisation, Microeconomic reform, inflation, monetary policy, exchange rates (possibly)

Essay:
- Fiscal policy on eco growth and unemployment
- Exchange rate, impact of a sustained depreciation
- CAD/BOP/Ext Stability, cause and effects
- Globalisation/Free Trade, impact on Aus economy, more likely to be on free trade
- International organisations and their role in globalisation (possible)

He gives pretty legit and extensive reasonings for all of these, and they're pretty similar to Drifting, just more specified.
Cheers. Yeah, the essay predictions sound plausible, but I would think the short answers tend to fluctuate (dat business cycle reference) heaps more in terms of what BOSTES can ask. Are you planning to just know those topics that were predicted from that website or know everything in detail?

atargainz

HSC
Cheers. Yeah, the essay predictions sound plausible, but I would think the short answers tend to fluctuate (dat business cycle reference) heaps more in terms of what BOSTES can ask. Are you planning to just know those topics that were predicted from that website or know everything in detail?
I mean knowing EVERYTHING in detail is pretty hard lol, I'm mainly preparing for the predicted topics as most likely at least two will pop up in different sections, but i'm trying not to fully rely on this by attempting to know everything in detail lol.

teridax

HSC
N/A
I mean knowing EVERYTHING in detail is pretty hard lol, I'm mainly preparing for the predicted topics as most likely at least two will pop up in different sections, but i'm trying not to fully rely on this by attempting to know everything in detail lol.
Yeah I'm basically going through the dixon chapter summaries haha. Seriously though, how would one know everything in detail rofl - unless you're a fast learner (unlike me). Nonetheless, it makes sense that globalisation could be asked since there's been talk circulating around the possibility of a 5-6 case study Q.

milkytea99

HSC
+1 I started preparing for Eco early and I still feel like I haven't covered everything. It's just so much stuff to remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)